S3 Conference 2019: Call for Abstracts and Proposals
The Call for Submissions of Abstracts and Proposals for the S3 Conference is now open. The organising committee invites professionals involved in healthcare-related simulation activities to submit their abstract/proposals for the following:
1. Research Studies - Oral Presentation or Poster Presentation
Abstracts describing experimental or observational studies, to be presented via oral presentation or poster.
2. Descriptive Studies - Oral Presentation or Poster Presentation
Abstracts describing a methodology or educational program, to be presented via oral presentation or poster.
A session to facilitate discussion and collaboration among participants. Interactivity for participants is highly recommended.
4. Expert Panels
A session gathering different experts to discuss a specific topic in healthcare simulation. Interaction with the audience is strongly recommended.
Submit your abstracts and proposals at https://events.singhealth.com.sg/
For SingHealth users, please use an Internet-enabled laptop to submit your abstracts and proposals via the link above.
Important Dates to Note
Call for Submission of Abstracts and Proposals
: 20 February 2019 – 30 April 2019*
Submission of Abstracts and Proposals Closes
: 30 April 2019*
Submitters Notified on Outcome
: By 16 June 2019*
NOTE: All presenters are required to confirm their attendance as PAID/ REGISTERED delegate upon abstract/proposal acceptance.
Acceptance of Outcome by Shortlisted Submitters
: 7 July 2019*
*Please note that the submission date is according to Singapore Standard Time (GMT +8)
Guidelines for Submission
Failure to observe these guidelines may result in disqualification
1. Please note that this is a one-time submission and all information should be readily available before you proceed with the application. You will not be able to return to the form once the application is submitted.
2. All submissions must be in English.
3. The title of the abstract/proposal should be concise. Trade names cannot be mentioned in the title. However, trade names in brackets will be accepted in the body of the text.
4. The abstract/proposal will be considered and scored based on the content category selected:
Administration & Centre Management
Assessment Using Simulation
Curriculum Design & Development
Faculty Development & Debriefing
Integration of Research in Simulation
Operations Staff Development
Technology & Innovation
Patient Safety / Quality Improvement
5. Details of presenting author MUST be given. Other presenters (for workshops/expert panels) can be confirmed when the abstract/proposal is shortlisted.
6. The use of standard abbreviations is desirable. Place special or unusual abbreviations in brackets after the full word the first time it appears. Use numerals to indicate numbers, except to begin sentences.
7. Please ensure the submitted abstract/proposal does not contain spelling, grammatical or scientific errors. Abstracts will be reproduced exactly as submitted, and no proof reading will be undertaken.
8. Abstracts/Proposals should be submitted by the submission deadline: 30 April 2019
9. All presentation rooms are equipped with the following AV equipment: 1 Projector, 1 Windows‐based Laptop with internet capabilities, MS Office 2010 (Word, Powerpoint, Excel), 2 hand-held microphones (hands-free microphones are subject to availability).
10. Please refer to Annex A for the Step by Step Guide for the abstract/proposal submission in the SingHealth Event Management Portal.
Details of the submission format can be found here.
If you wish to withdraw your submission, a written statement reflecting the reasons for this decision must be sent to email@example.com.
For enquiries on submission, please contact the event secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.