MBBS, FRCR (UK)
Specialty: Diagnostic Radiology
Sub-specialties: Breast ＆ Body Imaging
Dr Ranu Taneja underwent training in Radiology in India and Singapore, with research experience in MRI from Sunnybrook and Women’s College Health Science centre in Toronto, Canada and attained her fellowship in Body Imaging from Seattle, USA. She hs also worked in Internal medicine in the UK with an MRCP in medicine.
Dr Taneja is invloved in clinical trials and pursue breast imaging, including performing breast biopsies. She is also involved in the education of medical students from NUS and Radiography students from SIT.
Currently, she is part of the multidisciplinary team involved in management of gastrointestinal, pancreatic and hepatobiliary tumours.
1. Khoo J, Hsiang J, Taneja R et al. Comparative effects of liraglutide 3mg vs structured lifestyle modification on body weight, liver fat and liver function in obese patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: A pilot randomized trial. Diabetes Obesity and Metabolism. 2017 Dec; 19 (12): 1814-1817
2. Fong J, Poh ACC, Tan AGS, Taneja R. Abdominal vascular compression syndromes revisited. Not just a fancy name! American Journal of Roentgenology 2014; 203(1): 29-36
3. Solitary necrotic nodule of the liver: Radiologic-pathologic correlation in a case with unusual imaging features. Wong KM, Tay TKY, Wee TP, Taneja R. Japanese Journal of Radiology 2013; 31(4): 277-81
4. Common and Less Common Renal Masses and Mass-like Conditions. R Taneja, P Bhargava, C Cuevas, M Dighe. Radiologic Clinics of North America. March 2012, 50 (2):245-257
5. Utility of multiplanar and3D reconstructions from Computed Tomography performed for maternal indications for visualizing fetal anatomy and estimating gestational age. Taneja R, Dighe M, Kanal KM, Richardson ML, Mitsumori LM, Dubinsky TJ. J Comput Assist Tomogr 2011;35(4):446-53
6. Dimri R, Satish K Bhargava. Transvaginal colour doppler imaging in the evaluation of complicated first trimester pregnancies. Indian Journal of Radiology and Imaging. 1998; 8:169-175
7. Dimri R, Satish K Bhargava. Comparison of transabdominal and transvaginal sonography in the evaluation of complicated first trimester pregnancies. Ultrasound International 1998; 4:98-105
8. Dimri R, Satish K Bhargava, G Mehrotra et al. Sonographic evaluation of complicated first trimester pregnancies. JIMSA 1998; 11:199-201
9. Satish K Bhargava, V Kothari, DPS Rathour, Dimri R. Ultrasound diagnosis of perforation of gallbladder. Indian Journal of Radiology and Imaging. 1996; 64:210
10. M Jain, Satish K Bhargava, Dimri R, et al. Hydatid cyst of the breast. Evaluation by ultrasound, mammography and xeroradiography - A Case Report. Ultrasound International. 1996
11. Chapter on First Trimester Ultrasound in book titled “A Textbook of Clinical Sonography”. Published in 1998 by JP Publishers, India. Editor: Dr SK Bhargava
1. Co-investigator from Radiology in an NMRC funded interdepartmental study titled “Comparing effects of Liraglutide and bariatric surgery on weight loss, liver function, body composition, insulin resistance, endothelial function and biomarkers of NASH in obese Asian adults”. Study complete
2. Co-investigator from Radiology in study titled “Blood test for early detection of Breast tumours using TM B1 in vitro diagnostic method”.
3. Submitted for IRB review as principal investigator a study titled “ Determining outcomes of assigned Liver Imaging Reporting and Data System (LI RADS) category for hepatic observations in high risk patients. A retrospective review.”
Subscribe to our mailing list to get the updates to your inbox