Sub-specialties: Photodermatology and Psoriasis
Conditions Treated by this Doctor:
Acne Vulgaris, Eczema, Psoriasis, Skin and Subcutaneous Lumps – Skin Cancers, Lipomas, Epidermoid Cysts, Warts.
Dr Tan Ki Wei is currently the Chief & Senior Consultant with the Department of Dermatology. He is also a Ministry of Health accredited dermatologist. He graduated from the National University of Singapore (NUS) and was later conferred as a member of The Royal College of Physicians. He completed his Dermatology specialist training in 2013 and has been practising as a dermatologist at Changi General Hospital (CGH) ever since.
Dr Tan's subspecialty interests include photodermatology, photodynamic therapy and psoriasis. After completion of his advanced specialty training in dermatology in 2013, he was awarded a fellowship in 2015 to train in photodermatology, photobiology and psoriasis at Salford Royal Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK.
He currently runs a weekly psoriasis and photodermatology clinic at CGH that sees patients with difficult-to-manage psoriasis and photosensitive skin conditions. In addition, he also manages a wide range of skin conditions that are treated by phototherapy and photodynamic therapy and is accredited for the use of carbon dioxide laser, pigment laser and intense pulse light in the treatment of various skin conditions.
• Kapoor DM, Tan KW. Erythrodermic psoriasis peculiarly sparing anti-TNF injection sites in a patient with secondary loss of efficacy. Dermatol Ther. 2017 Nov;30(6).
• Tan KW, Yusoff YB, Lee JS. Adolescent girl with frizzy hair knotted in a bundle. Int J Dermatol. 2017 Nov;56(11):1077-1079.
• Tan KW, Haylett AK, Ling TC, Rhodes LE. Comparison of Demographic and Photobiological Features of Chronic Actinic Dermatitis in Patients with Lighter vs Darker Skin Types. JAMA Dermatol. 2017 May 1;153(5):427-435.
• Grönhagen CM, Tang MB, Tan VW, Tan KW, Lim YL. Vitamin D levels in 87 Asian patients with cutaneous lupus erythematosus: a case-control study. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2016 Oct;41(7):723-9.
• Tan KW, Griffiths CE. Novel systemic therapies for the treatment of psoriasis. Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2015 Nov 7:1-14.
• Tay DZ, Tan KW, Tay YK. Pyoderma gangrenosum: A commonly overlooked ulcerative condition. J Family Med Prim Care. 2014 Oct-Dec; 3(4): 374–378.
• Tan KW. Images in clinical medicine: Discharging dental sinus tract. N Engl J Med. 2014 Aug 28;371(9):846.
• Tan KW, Teo RY. Shedding of the fingernails. The diagnosis: Onychomadesis. Cutis. 2014 Aug;94(2):E3-4.
• Lee HC, Tan KW, Chia MW, Sim CS. An unusual collision tumour masquerading as a basal cell carcinoma on the nose. Singapore Med J. 2012 Dec;53(12):e267-8.
• Tan KW, Wang YS, Tay YK. Stevens-Johnson syndrome due to strontium ranelate. Ann Acad Med Singapore. 2011 Nov;40(11):510-1.
• Tan KW, Tay YK. A Case of Acute Methotrexate Toxicity. Ann Acad Med Singapore. 2011 Feb;40(2):97-3.
• Tan KW, Koh MJ, Tay YK. Juvenile Xanthogranuloma in Monozygotic Twins. Pediatr Dermatol. 2010 Nov-Dec;27(6):666-7.
Subscribe to our mailing list to get the updates to your inbox