Conditions Treated by this Doctor:
Acne Marks and Scars, Hair and Nail Problems, Pigmentary Disorders (Vitiligo, Melasma, Pigmented Birthmarks), Sexually Transmitted Infections, Skin Infections.
Dr Ang Chia Chun is a senior consultant with the Department of Dermatology at Singapore General Hospital (SGH) and visiting consultant with the Immunodermatology Unit at the National Skin Centre, Singapore.
Dr Ang received his medical degree from the National University of Singapore (NUS) in 2002 and was conferred the Master of Medicine (Internal Medicine) as well as membership of the Royal College of Physicians (United Kingdom) in 2007. He received his dermatology training at CGH and the National Skin Centre and was accredited in Dermatology by the Specialist Accreditation Board (Singapore) in 2012. He underwent further training at the University of Pennsylvania (USA) from 2012 to 2013 in immunodermatology and collagen vascular diseases.
He runs the weekly immunodermatology clinic in CGH as well as at the National Skin Centre, and sees referral patients with complex medical dermatology issues. Dr Ang is also an overseas fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology and the Rheumatologic Dermatology Society (North America), and sits on the editorial board of the International Journal of Dermatology. He was the past honorary secretary of the Dermatological Society of Singapore from 2014 to 2016 and currently sits on its executive committee.
• Jaw Pain in a Pemphigus Patient on Prednisolone, Mycophenolate Mofetil and Denosumab. Yeo PM, Ang CC. Ann Acad Med Singapore. 2017 Aug;46(8):329-330.
• Clinical signs associated with an increased risk of interstitial lung disease: a retrospective study of 101 patients with dermatomyositis. Ang CC, Anyanwu CO, Robinson E, Okawa J, Feng R, Fujimoto M, Hamaguchi Y, Werth VP. Br J Dermatol. 2017 Jan;176(1):231-233
• Paradoxical Worsening of Truncal Acne with Doxycycline. Yeo PM, Koh WL, Ang CC, Lim RS. Ann Acad Med Singapore. 2016 Sep;45(9):430-431
• A rare case of occupational contact urticaria syndrome caused by meranti wood dust. Koh WL, Ang CC, Lim SP. Contact Dermatitis. 2016 Jul;75(1):56-8
• Idiopathic eruptive macular pigmentation with papillomatosis (IEMPP): A controversial entity. Pang YZ, Koh WL, Ang CC. Dermatol Online J. 2016 Apr 18;22(4).
• Oral mucosal involvement in bullous lupus. Anyanwu CO, Ang CC, Werth VP. Arthritis Rheum. 2013 Oct;65(10):2622.
• Retrospective analysis of earlobe keloids treated with the carbon dioxide laser ablation or cold steel debulking surgery. Ang CC, Tay YK, Kwok C. J Cosmet Laser Ther. 2013 Oct;15(5):271-3
• Psoriasiform dermatitis in a case of newly diagnosed locally advanced pyriform sinus tumour: Bazex syndrome revisited. Koh WL, Ang CC, Lim SP. Singapore Med J. 2012 Jan;53(1):e12-4.
• Hematological abnormalities and the use of granulocyte-colony-stimulating factor in patients with Stevens-Johnson syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis. Ang CC, Tay YK. Int J Dermatol. 2011 Dec;50(12):1570-8
• Retrospective analysis of drug-induced hypersensitivity syndrome: a study of 27 patients. Ang CC, Wang YS, Yoosuff EL, Tay YK. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2010 Aug;63(2):219-27.
• Inflammatory tinea capitis: non-healing plaque on the occiput of a 4-year-old child. Ang CC, Tay YK. Ann Acad Med Singapore. 2010 May;39(5):412-4
• Chronic vulval and axillary ulcers in a patient with recurrent pneumothoraces. Ang CC, Koh MJ, Seah PP, Agrawal R. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2010 Jun;35(4):e174-6.
• Chronic truncal plaques and palmoplantar keratotic lesions in an elderly man. Ang CC, Chia MW, Tay YK. Ann Acad Med Singapore. 2010 Jan;39(1):75-6
• Images in clinical medicine. Cutaneous larva migrans. Ang CC. N Engl J Med. 2010 Jan 28;362(4): e10.
• Blaschkoid pityriasis rosea. Ang CC, Tay YK. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2009 Nov;61(5):906-8.
• The prevalence of menopausal symptoms in a community in Singapore. Chim H, Tan BH, Ang CC, Chew EM, Chong YS, Saw SM. Maturitas. 2002 Apr 25;41(4):275-82.
• Chia Chun Ang, Victoria Werth. Acquired bullous diseases. In: Dermatology for Skin Of Color (Susan C. Taylor, MD; A. Paul Kelly, MD; Henry W. Lim, MD, and Ana M. Anido Serrano, MD, eds), 2nd edn. McGraw-Hill, 2016
• Chia Chun Ang, Wai Kwong Cheong. Seborrhoeic Eczema. In: Handbook on Eczema (ed. Dr Kabir Sardana) CBS Publisher, 2016
Subscribe to our mailing list to get the updates to your inbox