A woman of hearts, she is also a strong supporter of the SGH Needy Patient Fund. With her encouragement, 100% of staff from Clinic K signed up to give to the fund in 2019. They in turned inspired doctors who run their outpatient sessions in the clinic to do the same.
Highlights of Prof Agnes' career
• 1991: First surgeon to be exit-certified in Hand Surgery (Singapore).
• 1996: One of 5 founding surgeons in the newly formed Hand Surgery specialty in Singapore and the only female surgeon.
• 2000: Appointed Inaugural Director Medical Manpower, SingHealth.
• 2003: Appointed Head of Department.
• 2006: Appointed Chairman Specialist Training Committee (Hand Surgery) under Joint Committee for Specialist Training, Singapore.
• 2009: Appointed Associate Professor in Duke-NUS Medical School and YLL School of Medicine, NUS.
• 2010: Appointed Chairman, Division of Ambulatory & Clinical Support Services.
• 2012: Received the Gold Award (2011), Singapore Health Quality Service Award and Inaugural Service Excellence Honorary Award, SGH.
• 2013: Appointed Chairman, Clinical Privileging & Competency Committee SGH.
• 2013: Appointed Clinical Physician Faculty in the Hand Surgery Residency & Surgery-In-General Programmes, SingHealth Graduate Medical Education Office.
• 2014: Received the Distinguished Visionary Leader Award, SingHealth Excellence Awards.
• 2019: Appointed Member of the Singapore Medical Council, Singapore.
• 2020: Appointed Advisor to the SGH Clinical Privileging & Competency Committee
The SingHealth Excellence Awards and GCEO Excellence Awards were established in 2011 to recognise the best of the best in SingHealth. This year, we honoured 67 colleagues, who have performed admirably and are well-deserving of these awards. Heartiest congratulations to all our winners! Scan the QR Code to see the full list of winners on SGH Workplace (access to SGH Workplace required).
We love mail! Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us what you like or didn't like about this story, and what you would like to see more of in LighterNotes.
Subscribe to our mailing list to get the updates to your inbox