Powerpoint has got to be one of the most common presentation platforms around, and chances are, you have used it before. While this software is commonplace, some of us still struggle to ensure that our slides are succinct and effective. We share ten tips on how to put the POWER in your powerpoint!
1) Title your visuals, such as graphs, flow charts, etc
2) Separate individual points
3) 6 x 6 Rule
4) Use colour appropriately
5) Use graphics for emphasis
6) Contrast between slide background colour & text colour
7) Use Appropriate Type Size & Typeface
8) Focus on the key points and ideas
9) Make your titles headlines, not descriptions
10) Using images or icons
Below is an example of how to use icons to guide your audience through your presentation content. Sometimes, less words is more!
Want to learn more skills to take your presentations to another level? Be sure to select the "Presenting Yourself Powerfully" course offered by SingHealth Academy during your next LNA exercise. The 2 day course helps you to identify your weaknesses and apply the appropriate techniques to convey your message effectively to your audience.
Need more workplace tips? Let us know at joyatwork@singHealth.com.sg
Subscribe to our mailing list to get the updates to your inbox