To enhance and streamline access to care for women with early pregnancy issues, KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital (KKH) launched the Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit (EPAU) in June 2020.
Located within the Urgent O&G Centre (UOGC), EPAU offers dedicated, specialist management for early pregnancy-related issues such as bleeding or pain in pregnancy.
“EPAU allows for swifter specialist investigations into the woman’s early pregnancy symptoms, enabling timely identification of life-threatening conditions such as ectopic pregnancy. Early detection also facilitates appropriate management and intervention at an earlier stage of pregnancy, and allows us to reassure the expectant mother and support her emotional well-being,” shares Dr Rajeswari Kathirvel, Senior Consultant, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, KKH, who leads the UOGC and EPAU.
The new EPAU service enables patients with early pregnancy issues to schedule a consultation with an obstetrics and gynaecology specialist at a dedicated timeslot within 48 hours, at the same cost as a consultation at the KKH UOGC.
EPAU is suitable for women with pregnancy issues during the first 16 weeks of pregnancy.
GPs can refer patients who are:
For GP referrals, please contact the EPAU at:KKH GP Hotline: 6692 2984EPAU Hotline: 6394 1199 (Mondays to Fridays, 8.30am - 5.30pm)
1. Dr Rajeswari KathirvelHead, UOGC and EPAU;Senior Consultant, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
2. Dr Lily KhoConsultant, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
3. Nurulain Binte HassanNurse Clinician, Division of Nursing
4. Diana Binte OsmanPatient Service Associate, UOGC
5. Dr Carmen TongAssociate Consultant,Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
6. Ding NaAssistant Director, Nursing, Division of Nursing
Note: Specialists from the Division of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at KKH provide care under EPAU on a rotational basis.
Subscribe to our mailing list to get the updates to your inbox