Specialty: Diagnostic Radiology, Head ＆ Neck Imaging
Dr Tan Tiong Yong graduated from NUS with an MBBS in April 1985 and passed his FRCR (UK) in April 1992. He then went on to receive training in head and neck radiology at TTSH from May 1992 to February 1995 before embarking on his HMDP at the University of Utah Medical Center from March to May, 1995.
Dr Tan has been a fellow of the Academy of Medicine, Singapore since 1997 and served as head of the Radiology Department in Changi General Hospital (CGH) from Oct 2004 to April 2010. He is currently a senior consultant with the Department of Diagnostic Radiology at Changi General Hospital (CGH) as well as a visiting consultant at TTSH, KTPH, KKH, NTFGH and SGH, training radiologists and providing consult to ENT surgeons.
• Cochlear duct length-one size fits all? JF Thong, D Low, A Tham, C Liew, TY Tan. American Journal of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Medicine and Surgery 2017, Volume 38, issue 2, pages 218-221. JIF: 1.17.
• Skull base osteomyelitis secondary to malignant otitis externa mimicking advanced nasopharyngeal cancer: MR imaging features at initial presentation. J.P.N. Goh, A Karandikar, S.C. Loke, T.Y.Tan. American Journal of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Medicine and Surgery 2017, Volume 38, issue 4, pages 466-471.
• Approach to intensely enhancing neck nodes. Amit Karandikar, Krishna Mohan Gummalla, Siu Cheng Loke, Julian Goh, Tiong Yong Tan. Diagn Interv Radiol 2016, Volume 22, pages 168-172.
• Imaging of facial nerve schwannoma; diagnostic pearls and potential pitfalls. Pravin Mundada, Bela Satish Purohit, Tahira Sultana Kumar, Tiong Yong Tan. Diagn Interv Radiol 2016, Volume 22, pages 40-46.
• Superior cervical ganglion mimicking retropharyngeal adenopathy in head and neck cancer patients: MRI features with anatomic, histologic and surgical correlation. SC Loke, A Karandikar, M Revanelli, D Farina, J P N Goh, E A Ling, R Maroldi, T Y Tan. Neuroradiology 2016, Volume 58, issue 1, pages 45-50.
• Evaluation of Cholesteatoma: our experience with DW Propeller Imagning. A Karandikar, SC Loke, J Goh, SB Yeo, TY Tan. Acta Radiologica 2015, Volume 56, issue 9, pages 1108-1112.
• Pre-operative high resolution computed tomography scans for cholesteatoma: has anything changed? Jia Hui Ng, Edward Zhiyong Zhang, Sue Rene Soon, Vanessa Yee, Jueen Tan, Tiong Yong Tan, Paul Kan Hwei Mok, Heng Wai Yuen. American Journal of Otolaryngology 2014, Volume 35, issue 4, pages 508-513.
• Minor Salivary Gland Neoplasms. C Goh, M Rangabashyam, T Y Tan. J ENT Masterclass 2013, Volume 6, issue 1, pages 87-93.
• Finding nemo; imaging findings, pitfalls and complications of ingested fish bone in the alimentary canal. Charlene Jin Yee Liew, Angeline Poh Choo Choo, Tiong Yong Tan. Emergency Radiology 2013, Volume 20, issue 4, pagese 311-322.
• Mucous retention cyst of temporal bone: a mimic of cholesteatoma on DW-MRI. Amit Karandikar, Julian Goh, Siu Cheng Loke, Seng Beng Yeo, Tiong Yong Tan. American Journal of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Medicine and Surgery 2013, Volume 34, issue 6, pages 753-754.
• CT and MRI Evaluation of Nerve Sheath Tumors of the Cervical Vagus Nerve. Gopinathan Anil, Tiong Yong Tan. American Journal of Roentgenology (AJR) 2011, Volume 197, issue 1, pages 195-201.
• Review of congenital inner ear abnormalities on CT temporal bone (a pictorial review). RSZ Yiin, PH Tang, TY Tan. Brit Journal of Radiol 2011, Volume 84, pages 859-863.
• CT Features of Parotid Gland Oncocytomas: A Study of 10 Cases and Literature Review. Tan Tien Jin, Tan Tiong Yong. AJNR 2010, Volume 31, issue 8, pages 1413-1417.
• Imaging Characteristics of Schwannoma of the Cervical Sympathetic Chain: A Review of 12 Cases. Anil Gopinathan, Tan Tiong Yong. AJNR 2010, Volume 31, issue 8, pages 1408-1412.
• Kimura’s disease: imaging patterns on computed tomography. Anil Gopinathan, T. Y. Tan. Clinical Radiology 2009, Volume 64, pages 994-999.
• Sudden deafness due to intralabyrinthine haemorrhage: A possible rare late complication of head and neck irradiation. Poh A CC, Tan TY. Annals Aca Med Singapore 2007, Volume 36, pages 78-82.
• Basal cell adenomas of the parotid gland: CT scan features. Chawla AJ, Tan TY, Tan GJ. Eur J Radiol 2006, Volume 58, issue 2, pages 260-265.
• Facial palsy from temporal bone lesions. Chan EH, Tan HM, Tan T Y. Annals Acad Med Singapore 2005. Volume 34, pages 322-329.
• Castleman’s disease of the neck: a description of four cases on contrast-enhanced CT. Tan TY, Pang KP, Goh HKC, Teo ELH, Abhilash B, Walford N. Brit Hr of Radiol 2004, Volume 77, pagese 253 to 256.
• Imaging of congenital middle ear deafness. Tan T Y, Goh J P N. Annals Acad Med Singapore 2003, Volume 32, pages 495-499.
• Dural arteriovenous fistula: feature on HRCT of the Temporal bone.Tan T Y, Sitoh Y Y. Clinical Radiology 2002, Volume 57, issue 5, pages 418-421.
• Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Cochlear Otosclerosis. Goh JPN, Cha LL, Tan TY. Brit J Radiol 2002, Volume 75, pages 502-505.
Subscribe to our mailing list to get the updates to your inbox