Conditions Treated by this Doctor:
Dr Eberta Tan is a senior consultant specialist in Endocrinology. Her subspecialty interests are type 1 diabetes mellitus, type 2 diabetes mellitus and gestational diabetes mellitus. She graduated with the degrees of MBBS from the National University of Singapore in 2004, attained membership to The Royal College of Physicians (United Kingdom) in 2008 and qualified as a specialist in endocrinology in 2013. She is currently the assistant director of the Diabetes Mellitus Centre and the co-lead in specialist care of the SingHealth Duke-NUS Diabetes Centre.
• Managing Diabetes in Pregnancy. Eberta J.H. Tan and Eleanor M. Scott. Endocrinology and Diabetes: Case Studies, Questions and Commenteries. ISBN 978-1-4471-2788-8., Springer-Verlag London 2015. Ramzi Ajjan and Stephen M.
• Circadian rhythms, insulin action, and glucose homeostasis. Tan E, Scott EM. Current Opinion in Clinical Nutrition and Metabolic Care. 2014 Jul; 17(4): 343-8
• Prevalence and Risk Factors of Renal Artery Stenosis in South Asian Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Using Renal Angiography. Tan E, Debajyoti R, Sharma S, Bhatia RD, Barbier S, Khoo J, Ng JM. Indian Journal of Nephrology. 2014 Jan;24(1): 68-69.
• Pituitary Apoplexy Secondary to Thrombocytopenia Due to Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever: A Case Report and Review of Literature. Tan SK, Seow CJ, Tan E, Chau YP, Dalan R. Endocrine Practice. 2014 Apr;20(4):e58-64
• Comparing the effects of meal replacements with an isocaloric reduced-fat diet on nutrient intake and low urinary tract symptoms in obese men. Khoo J, Ling PS, Chen RY, Ng KK, Tay TL, Tan E, Cho LW, Cheong M. J Hum Nutr Diet. 2014 Jun;27(3):219-26. Epub 2013 Sep 20.
• Comparing the effects of meal replacements with reduced-fat diet on weight, sexual and endothelial function, testosterone and quality of life in obese Asian men. Khoo J, Ling PS, Tan J, Teo A, Ng HL, Chen RY, Tay TL, Tan E, Cheong M. Int J Impot Res. 2014 Mar-Apr;26(2):61-6. Epub 2013 Nov 7.
• Sensitivity of A1C to diagnose diabetes is decreased in high-risk older Southeast Asians. Journal of Diabetes Complications. Khoo J, Tay TL, Foo JP, Tan E, Soh SB, Chen R, Au V, Jen-Min Ng B, Cho LW. 2012 Mar-Apr;26(2):99-101.
• HbA1c may not be a sensitive determinant of diabetic status in the elderly. Tay TL, Foo JP, Tan E, Chen R, Khoo J, Soh SB, Au V, Cho LW. Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice. 2011 May;92(2):e31-3.
Subscribe to our mailing list to get the updates to your inbox