M Health Science Management, 2008
BS HS, 2004
As a Chief Nurse of SingHealth Polyclinics (SHP) since Oct 2015, I have a wealth of experience in nursing management and operations. I provide the strategic direction for SHP nursing and patient care services focusing on clinical practice, applied research and education.
Trained in Community nursing, my appointment as Director of Community nursing, SingHealth in January 2020 enables me to support Group Director of SingHealth Office of Regional Health in driving Community Nursing initiatives, anchoring population health and drive care transformation thereby helping our population stay healthy in the community.
With an ageing population and the increasing chronic disease burdens, The effort on strengthening the education arm of nursing in SHP Family Medicine is progressively important. There is a crucial need to level up the expertise of Care Managers and Advanced Practice Nurse to provide more emphasis on managing patients with complex chronic diseases, with the aim to empower these patients to stay well and age gracefully.
I am passionate about primary care research and my current focus is on the evaluation of the Community nursing service.
• Masters Degree Health Science Management, University of Sydney Australia 2009 • Bachelor of Science Health Science, University of Sydney Australia 2004
• MOH Selection Panel for Nursing Scholarship, Chairperson, Jan 2019 – Present• SingHealth HMDP, TDF, Alice Lee & MOH-ISS Nursing Interview Panel, member, April 2018 – Present• SHP IT Steering Committee, Member, Oct 2015 – Present• SHP ERM Steering Committee, Member, Oct 2015 – Present• SHP Training Steering Committee, Member, Oct 2015 – Present• SingHealth RHS Clinical Board, Member, Nov 2016 – Oct 2018• SingHealth Diabetes Action Taskforce Workgroup 1, Member, Sep 2016 – Dec 2017• SingHealth Cluster Nursing Council, Member, Oct 2015 – Present• EHA Clinical Governance Council, Member, Dec 2015 – Aug 2020• Health Care Academy Advisory Committee, Member, July 2015 – Jun 2022• School of Health Sciences Nursing Advisory Panel, Member, Oct 2015 – Dec 2021• SingHealth Retreat: Group C creating Person Centric Systems standing Committee, Co-Lead, Dec 2015 – Nov 2017• Singapore Nursing Board Registration Committee, Member, May 2015 – Present• SHP Key Priority workgroup on ‘Develop a collaborative and innovative culture’, Member, Jun 2015 – 2017• Subgroup member of SingHealth Nursing Manpower Taskforce, Member, Mar 2015 – 2017• SHP Mortality & Morbidity Quality assurance Committee, Member, 2011 – Present• Nursing Child Health Committee, Member, 2014 – 2016 • SHP Complaints Review Panel for Potential Medico Legal Cases, Member, 2014 – 2016• SHP ERM Workgroup, Member, Jan 2013 – Dec 2014 • SHP Nursing Research Committee, Member, Jan 2012 – Dec 2016• SHP Serious Reportable Events Quality Assurance Committee, Member, Nov 2008 – Present• SHP Quality Improvement Committee, Member, Jan 2012 – Dec 2014• SHP Research Committee ASPIRE, Member, Jan 2006 – Dec 2013• SHP Nursing Research Committee, Chairperson, Jan 2007 – Dec 2013• SHP JCI workgroup, Member, Sep 2009 – Dec 2013
• MOH Long service Medal – 2015• President’s Award for Nurses – 2015• Nurses Merit Award, MOH – 2013• SingHealth Lee Foundation-DS Lee Foundation for Excellence in Nursing Award for Nursing Leader – 2010• SingHealth Clinical Practice Improvement Programme Best Project Award – 2008 • EXSA Star award – 2008 • Talent Development Fund award, 2 year programme on Master of Health Science Management, University of Sydney – 2008 • EXSA Gold Award – 2007 • SHP 20 years Long Service award – 2007 • Book Price Award for Community Health Nursing Course – 1997 • MOH 10 Years Long Service Award – 1995 • MOH Most Courteous Staff Award – 1993
• Impact of phone usage during primary care consultations• Direct Observed Therapy Study - a Commitment to Opitmize the Management of Tuberculosis (DOTCOMT): Understanding the socioeconomic impact and quality of life of patients with tuberculosis undergoing DOT in primary care in Singapore• Exploring Singaporean Mothers' Knowledge, Attitude and Practice (KAP) About Weaning Diet: A Qualitative Study• An Investigation of Singapore Women's knowledge, Attitudes and Practices Associated with menopause
• Exclusive Breastfeeding, Breastfeeding Self-Efficacy and Perception of Milk Supply Among Mothers In Singapore: A Longitudinal Study. JGD Roza, Fong MK, Ang BL, RB Sadon, EYL Koh, SSH Teo. Midwifery. Dec 2019. Vol 79, 102532. doi:10.1016/j.midw.2019.102532. PMID: 31526969.• Smoking literacy amongst adult Asian asthma patients in primary care. Ngoh ASH, Chen ZJ, Tai BC, Teo SSH, Tan NC. Proceedings of Singapore Healthcare. 2017 Dec; 26(4): 235-240. doi: 10.1177/2010105817704672• The impact of direct observed therapy on daily living activities, quality of life and socioeconomic burden on patients with tuberculosis in primary care in Singapore. Lee HK, Teo SSH, Barbier S, Tang SC, Yeo GH, Tan NC. Proceedings of Singapore Healthcare. 2016 Dec;25(4):235-242. https://DOI: 10.1177/2010105816652148.• When the phone rings - factors influencing its impact on the experience of patients and healthcare workers during primary care consultation: a qualitative study. Koong AY, Koot D, Eng SK, Purani A, Yusoff A, Goh CC, Teo SSH, Tan NC. BMC Fam Pract. 2015 Sep 2;16(1):114. https://doi: 10.1186/s12875-015-0330-x. PubMed PMID: 26330170.• Smoking behaviour of Asthmatic patients in primary care continue to smoke- A cross sectional survey. Teo SSH, Tan NC, Ngoh ASH, Swah TS, Chen Z, Tai BC. Proceedings of Singapore Healthcare. 23(2): 108-117.• Knowledge, Attitudes, and Practices Associated With Menopause: A Multi-ethnic, Qualitative Study in Singapore. Mackey S, Teo SSH, Dramusic V, Lee HK, Boughton M. Health Care Women Int. 2013 May 16. [Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 23862640.• Limited knowledge of chronic kidney disease among primary care patients--a cross-sectional survey. Chow WL, Joshi VD, Tin AS, van der Erf S, Lim JF, Swah TS, Teo SSH, Goh PS, Tan GC, Lim C, Kee TY. BMC Nephrol. 2012 Jul 2;13(1):54. PMID: 22747853. https://doi:10.1186/1471-2369-13-54• Impact of cigarette smoking on symptoms and quality of life of adults with asthma managed in public primary care clinics in Singapore: a questionnaire study. Tan NC, Ngoh SH, Teo SSH, Swah TS, Chen Z, Tai BC.Prim Care Respir J. 2012 Mar;21(1):90-3. PMID: 22270479. https:// doi: 10.4104/pcrj.2012.00003.• Factors influencing living kidney donation in Singapore. Ow YLM, Lim C, Chow WL, SVD Erf, VD Joshi, Sin ST, Teo SSH, Goh PSC, Tan GCS, Kee TYS. Prog Transplant. 2012 Mar;22(1):95-101. PMID: 22489450.• Clinical audit on hypoglycaemic symptoms in type 2 diabetic patients in SingHealth Polyclinics. Quah JHM, Teo SSH, Yap GHB, Lim HB, Chow MH. Proceedings of Singapore Healthcare. 20(2): 89-96.• Aetiology of community-acquired urinary tract infection and antimicrobial susceptibility patterns of uropathogens isolated. Bahadin J, Teo SSH, Mathew S. Singapore Med J. 2011 Jun;52(6):415-20. PMID: 21731993.
Subscribe to our mailing list to get the updates to your inbox