Specialty: Geriatric Medicine
Conditions Treated by this Doctor:
Dr Barbara Rosario is a senior consultant with the Department of Geriatric Medicine at Changi General Hospital (CGH). She is passionate about care of older patients and has an interest in stroke care. Previously, she worked in Sheffield as a consultant geriatrician with an interest in stroke and developed a small community unit for stroke rehabilitation bringing care back to the community. She also worked briefly for the IOM Government with the Department of Health & Social care as interim director of health and wellbeing.
Currently, Dr Rosario is the principal investigator for a randomised control trial to prevent hospital acquired pneumonia and co-investigator for a service development project ED that provides direct admission to sub-acute care at St Andrews Community Hospital from the ED, enabling earlier patient rehabilitation. She is currently working with the team to develop pathways for patients to access integrated community services utilising Our Tampines Hub and other community services directly from the ED.
Her prior research has been in stroke care and she attained a Masters of Philosophy through work undertaken in stroke patients with dysphasia. Following training in quality improvement, she has been involved in projects for pressure ulcer prevention, continence care and is currently involved in a project which aims to improve the care of patients with pneumonia.
• MPhil Sheffield University, UK, 2014: The neural mechanisms of speech control using transcranial magnetic stimulation.
• Rosario BH, Hendra TJ. Telmisartan in the treatment of Hypertension. Expert Opinion on Drug Metabolism & Toxicology Vol 4, Iss 4, 2008;
• Rosario BH, Hurlstone P, Lee F, Downes T. Colonic Stenting: an alternative to surgery in the elderly. Age & Ageing 2007 Sep;36(5):593-5. Epub 2007 Jul 10;
BH,Corton J, El-Nahas AM, Wood RFM, Pockley AG.Elevated levels of circulating heat shock protein 70 (HSP 70) in peripheral and renal vascular disease. Heart Vessels 2000;15(1):18-22 :
• Pockley AG, Bulmer J, Hanks BM,
Wright BH. Identification of human heat shock protein 60 (Hsp60) and anti-Hsp60 antibodies in the peripheral circulation of normal individuals. Cell Stress and Chaperones 1999 4(1) 29-35.
• Principal Investigator (PI): Study to prevent hospital acquired infections, Ongoing Study
• Co-PI for Service Development Project: Direct admission from ED to sub-acute care ward for elderly patients - an alternative to acute hospitalisation, ongoing study with publication in preparation
• Co-PI (advisory role): Study of caregivers attitudes and concerns towards feeding and swallowing issues in persons with dementia.
Subscribe to our mailing list to get the updates to your inbox