Specialty: Otorhinolaryngology- Head ＆ Neck Surgery
Sub-specialties: Head ＆ Neck Surgery, Laryngology
Conditions Treated by this Doctor:
Head and Neck Cancer, Nasopharyngeal Cancer (Nose Cancer), Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid nodules, Thyroid Nodules, Voice Disorders - Vocal Fold Paralysis, Voice Disorders - Vocal Nodules, Polyps, Cysts and Tumours.
Clinical A/Prof Peter Lu is an otolaryngologist whose subspecialty practice is in Head and Neck Surgery and Laryngology. He completed his specialist training in Singapore General Hospital (SGH) and went on to a fellowship at Stanford University Medical Centre in 1994. He joined Changi General Hospital (CGH) in 1997 and was appointed Head of the ENT Division in 2001, then became Chief of the Department of ENT when it was formed in 2002. He was appointed Deputy Chairman of Medical Board, Surgical Disciplines in 2007 till 2019. Dr Lu is heavily involved with Clinical Quality and serves as CGH's chairman for the Medical Audit Committee since 2007. Dr Lu is currently Chief Risk Officer (CRO) at CGH.
Dr Lu has been actively involved in undergraduate and postgraduate education for several years. He has been chairman of the Residency Advisory Committee for Otolaryngology since 2013. He has also served as clinical physician faculty in the Singhealth Otorhinolaryngology Residency Program since its inception. He has been an examiner for the Otolaryngology Exit Examinations for many years and is currently the deputy chair of the National Examinations Workgroup for Otorhinolaryngology.
He recently completed a 4-year term as Chairman, Chapter of Otorhinolaryngologists, College of Surgeons Singapore.
• Effects of tonsillectomy on sleep study parameters in adult patients with obstructive sleep apnea – A prospective study. Tan LT, Tan AK, Hsu PP, Loh IC, Yuen HW, Chan YH, Lu PK.. Sleep Breath May 2014; 18(2): 265-8.
• Preventing hearing loss from portable music player use. D Koh, JJ Lim, P Lu. Singapore Med J 55(3), 171
• Hyoid expansion with titanium plate and screw. A human cadaveric study using computer-assisted airway measurement. Toh ST, Hsu PP, Tan KL, Lu KS, Han HJ. JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg Aug 2013; 139(8): 817-21.
• Effects of tonsillectomy on sleep study parameters in patients with Obstructive Sleep Apnoea. L Tan, A Tan, PP Hsu, YH Cahn, P Lu. Sleep and Biological Rhythms 10, 53
• Computer-assisted quantitative upper airway analysis following modified uvulopalatal flap and lateral pharyngoplasty for obstructive sleep apnoea: a prospective case-controlled study. Hsu PP, Tan AK, Gan EC, Chan YH, Goh MM, Lu PK, Howe WL. Clin Otolaryngol Jun 2012; 37(3): 188-96.
• Impact of tinnitus as measured by the Tinnitus Handicap Inventory among tinnitus sufferers in Singapore. J Lim, PKS Lu, DSQ Koh, SP Eng. Singapore Med J 51(7) 551
• Submandibular Mass Excision in an Asian population. DYK Chua, C kop, KS Lu. Annals Academy of Med Singapore 39(1) 33
• Intratonsillar abcess: A rare complication of a common clinical presentation. EC Gan, YH Ng, SY Hwang, PKS Lu. ENT: Ear, Nose & Throat Journal 2008
• Incidence of complications after temperature-controlled radiofrequency treatment for sleep-disordered breathing: a Singapore sleep centre experience. Toh ST, Hsu PP, Ng YH, Teo TW, Tan KL, Lu KS. J Laryngol Otol May 2008; 122(5): 490-4.
• Uvulopalatoplasty outcome assesment with quantitative computer-assisted videoendoscopic airway analysis. Hsu PP, K Leong Tan, B Yau Boon Tan, E Cern Gan, YH Chan, Blair RL, PKS Lu .
• Benefits and efficacy of tonsillectomy for recurrent tonsillitis in adults. PP Hsu, KL Tan, HJ Han, PKS Lu. Acta oto-laryngologica 127(1), 62-62
• Coblation vs electrocautery tonsillectomy: postoperative recovery in adults. AKL Tan, PP Hsu, SP Eng, YH Ng, PKS Lu….Otolaryngology- Head and Neck surgery 135(2 supp) P278-P278
• P199: CPAP Compliance of OSA Patients in Singapore. AK Tan, PP Hsu, PK Lu. Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery135(2supp) p278-p278
• 10th Yahya Cohen Memorial Lecture: Clinical predictors in obstructive sleep apnoea patients with computer-assisted quantitative videoendoscopic upper airway analysis. Hsu PP, Tan BY, Chan YH, Tay HN, Lu PK, Tan AK, Blair RL. Ann Acad Med Singapore Dec 2005; 34(11): 703-11
• Surgery and adjuvant radiotherapy vs concurrent chemoradiotherapy in stage III/IV nonmetastatic squamous cell head and neck cancer: a randomised comparison.
Soo KC1, Tan EH, Wee J, Lim D, Tai BC, Khoo ML, Goh C, Leong SS, Tan T, Fong KW, Lu
P…..Br J Cancer 2005 Aug 8;93(3):279-86
• Coblation versus conventional electrocautery tonsillectomy: postoperative pain and recovery.AKL Tan. PP Hsu, SP Eng, YH Ng, HJ Han, PKS Lu…Otolaryngology- Head and neck Surgery133(2) p136
• Calibrated cephalometry – A modified technique to assess palatal airway changes after uvulopalatopharyngoplasty for obstructive sleep apnoea. Hsu PP, Tan AK, Lu PK. Australian Journal of Otolaryngology Jun 2005; 8(1): 9-14.
• Migrating esophageal foreign bodies. Loh ZM, Tan KL, Hsu PP, Lu KS, Eng SP. Rev Laryngol Otol Rhinol (Bord) 2005; 126(2): 105-10.
• Quantitative computer-assisted digital-imaging upper airway analysis for obstructive sleep apnoea Clinical Otolaryngology. PP Hsu, HNC Han, YH Chan, HN Tay, RH Brett, PKS Lu, RL Blair. Oct 2004,29, 522-529
• Clinical predictors in obstructive sleep apnoea patients with calibrated cephalometric analysis – a new approach. Hsu PP, Tan AK, Chan YH, Lu PK, Blair RL. Clin Otolaryngol Jun 2005; 30: 234-241
• Self-extrusion of a foreign body from the upper digestive tract to the skin. Tan AK, Hsu PP, Lu PK. J Laryngol Otol Mar 2004; 118(3): 242-3
• Prevalence of hearing disorders in Singapore military conscripts: A role for routine audiometry screening?. ST Toh, P Lu, M Ong, B Seet. Singapore Med J 43 (12) :622-7
• Microbiology of Chronic Suppurative Otitis Media in Singapore. AH Loy, AL Tan, PK Lu
Singapore Medical Journal 43 (6) : 296-299
• Migrating Oesophageal Foreign Body – An Unusual Case. PK Lu, RH Brett, CY Aw, R Singh
Singapore Medical Journal 41 (2): 77 –79
• The Incidence and Management of Post-Tonsillectomy Haemorrhage: A Singaporean Experience. S Ranjit, RH Brett, PK Lu, CY Aw. Singapore Medical Journal 40 (10) : 622 – 626
• Metastasic Oesophageal Carcinoma to the Paranasal Sinuses – A Case Report. CY Aw. JS Hwang, RH Brett, PK Lu. Singapore Medical Journal 40 (8) : 539 - 541
• Penetrating Neck Trauma from Nail Guns. RH Brett, PK Lu, CY Aw. Singapore Medical Journal 39 (5): 217-219
Subscribe to our mailing list to get the updates to your inbox