Sub-specialties: General Endocrinology, Osteoporosis, Disorders of Bone Metabolism, Diabetes
Conditions Treated by this Doctor:
Diabetes Mellitus, Hyperthyroidism, Hypothyroidism, Osteoporosis, Osteoporosis.
Dr Linsey Gani is a Senior Consultant at the Department of Endocrinology at Changi General Hospital (CGH). She is the program director for the Eastern Community Health Outreach (ECHO) that works to provide chronic disease health screening to the eastern region in Singapore. She has also set up the Osteoporosis Liaison Service in CGH to provide secondary fracture prevention to patients admitted with fragility hip fracture. She currently holds a clinical senior lecturer position with the Department of Medicine, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore.
Dr Gani graduated from the University of Melbourne and is an accredited endocrinologist and a fellow of the Royal Australian College of Physician. She has completed a Masters of Public Health in health care management and public policy at the Harvard School of Public Health. Her areas of interest include diabetes, metabolic bone diseases, chronic disease management, public policy and health care models.
• American Society of Bone Mineral Research Annual Scientific Meeting 2017, Denver, Colorado USA. Gani LU, WH Tan, N Pereira, TF King, J Khoo. Novel use of telecarers in the co-ordination of secondary osteoporosis prevention in hip fracture patients in a regional hospital setting in Singapore.
• Gani LU , Saripalli KR , Alsuwaigh R, Khoo J, King TF. High Prevalence of Missed Opportunities for Secondary Fracture Prevention in a Regional General Hospital Setting in Singapore. Arch osteop 2017 (12):60
• Gani LU, How CH. Author’s reply : Vitamin D deficiency. Singapore Med J 2015; 56(10): 589
• Gani LU, How CH. Vitamin D deficiency. Singapore Med J 2015; 56(8): 433-437
• Gani L, Lau E , Luk A , Sobrepena L, Tran QK, Kesadavev J, Jia W , Chan JC .Utilization of Biosimilar Insulin in Asian Patients with Diabetes—The Joint Asia Diabetes Evaluation (JADE) Program- American Diabetes Association 75th Scientific Session 2015 ( Boston, MA ).
• Mirasol R, Lau E, Sobrepena L, Gani L, Amansec M, Kwan CML , Toledo R , Fu AWC , Bautista N , Li X, Mallari G, Luk A , Sy RA , Chan JC and the Philippines JADE Study Group. Using nurses and information technology to engage patients with diabetes in the initial follow up period improves glycemic control : insights from the Philippines JADE program. The 10th IDF-WPR Congress and 6th AASD Scientific Meeting ( 21st Nov -24th Nov 2014) Singapore
• Nguyen TK, Li X, Vu TTH, Gani L, Cong ND, Kwan CML, Tran Q K, Lau E, Diep TTB, Fu AWC, Do TQ, Luk A, Nguyen HC, Chan JC and Vietnam JADE Study Group. Clinical factors associated with self reported hypoglycaemia in Vietnamese patients with diabetes mellitus : analysis of the Joint Asia Diabetes Evaluation (JADE) program.The 10th IDF-WPR Congress and 6th AASD Scientific Meeting ( 21st Nov -24th Nov 2014) Singapore
• Milat F, Goh S, Gani L, Suriadi C, Gillespie M, Fuller PJ, Teede HJ, Strickland A, Allan CA Prolonged hypocalcemia following denosumab therapy in metastatic refractory prostate cancer.Bone 55(2): 305-8, 2013
• Gani L,Teede H. Recommendations for screening for abnormal glucose tolerance and diabetes in women with PCOS. Diabetes Management Journal 40 , 2012
• Taylor DMcD, Ng Tang F M, Chung AR, Gani L, Zajac JD, Burrell. A comparison of precipitants and mortality when acute decompensated heart failure occurs in the community and hospital settings Heart, Lung and Circulation 21(8): 439-443, 2012
• Grossman M, Hoermann R , Gani L, Chan I,Cheung A, Gow P,Li A, Zajac JD , Angus P. Low Testosterone as an Independent Predictor of Mortality in Men with Chronic Liver Disease. Clinical Endocrinology 77(2): 1365-2265, 2012
• Gani L , Gianatti E, Cheung A ,Jerums G, Macisaac R. Failure of functional imaging with Gallium-68-DOTA-D-Phe1-Tyr3-octreotide (DOTATOC) positron emission tomography (PET) to localize the site of ectopic adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) secretion: a case report Journal of Medical Case Report 5: 405, 2011
• Grossmann M, MacIsaac R, Huynh J, Vu T, Thomas G, Ng M TF, Tint AN, Gani L, Pattison S.Thyroid The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners. CHECK Program August 2010.
• Quinlivan, JA, Petersen RW, Gani,L, Tan, J. Demographic variables routinely collected at colposcopic examination do not predict who will default from conservative management of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia I (CIN 1). Australian & New Zealand Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology 45(1): 48-51, 2005
Subscribe to our mailing list to get the updates to your inbox