Specialty: General Surgery
Sub-specialties: Vascular Surgery
Conditions Treated by this Doctor:
Aortic Aneurysms (Thoracic, Thoracoabdominal and Abdominal), Diabetic Foot Disease, Venous Thromboembolism.
Dr Derek Ho Chunyin received his MBBS from National University of Singapore (NUS) in 2006 and completed his advanced surgical training in general surgery in 2016. He received training in both open and endovascular surgery with Changi General Hospital (CGH). Dr Ho was then awarded an overseas HMDP scholarship in 2018, and is a fellow with the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (FRCS) and the Academy of Medicine Singapore (FAMS). He is also board certified by the American Board of Wound Management (ABWM) as a Certified Wound Specialist Physician (CWSP).
Apart from clinical work, Dr Ho believes strongly in educating the next generation of medical doctors and has been appointed as a clinical lecturer and teacher of both medical schools in Singapore. His efforts in teaching have been recognised and he was awarded the Outstanding Faculty Award for SingHealth Residency and the Best Educator Award in 2013 and 2014 respectively.
• Novel use of the ClariVein ® catheter for pharmacomechanical thrombolysis of thrombosed hemodialysis grafts: a case series. D Lim, D Ho, L Chen, MA Schreve, YK Tan, S Kum. J Vasc Access 2017 Nov 17;18(6):508-514.
• Midterm outcomes from a pilot study of percutaneous deep vein arterialization for the treatment of no-option critical limb ischemia. Kum S, Tan YK, Schreve MA, Ferraresi R, Varcoe RL, Schmidt A, Scheinert D, Mustapha JA, Lim D, Ho D, Tang TY, Alexandrescu VA, Mutirangura P. J Endovasc Ther. 2017 Oct; 24(5):619-626.
• Outcomes and survivorship of unicondylar knee arthoplasty in patients with severe deformity
Seng CS, Ho DC, Chong HC, Chia SL, Chin PL, Lo NN, Yeo SJ
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc
• Paraneoplastic cerebellar degeneration and dermatomyositis as first manifestations of
underlying breast malignancy: a report of two cases and a brief review of the subject
Ying Ru Yvonne Ng, Chunyin Derek Ho, Weng Leong Victor Ng, Su-Ming Tan
Surgical Case Reports (2015) 1:59
• Restoring Sesamoid Position in Scarf Osteotomy: A Learning Curve.
Seng C, Chunyin Ho D, Chong KW
Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery
J Foot Ankle Surg. 2015 Nov-Dec;54(6):1089-92. doi: 10.1053/j.jfas.2015.07.001. Epub 2015
Subscribe to our mailing list to get the updates to your inbox