Specialty: Sport and Exercise Medicine
Sub-specialties: Sport and Exercise Medicine
Conditions Treated by this Doctor:
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Chronic Back Pain, Flat Feet, Hip Osteoarthritis, Knee Ligament Injuries (ACL, PCL, Multiligament), Low Back Pain, Low Back Pain, Musculoskeletal Disorders and Office Ergonomics, Neck Pain, Shoulder and Elbow - Frozen Shoulder, Shoulder and Elbow - Tennis Elbow/Lateral Epicondylitis, Sports Injuries.
Dr Kelvin Chew is a graduate of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland and he earned a Masters in Sports Medicine and Exercise Science from the University of New South Wales in Australia. Since then, he had gone on to complete his sports medicine fellowship at the Stanford University Medical Centre in the United States. Currently, he has assumed the position of senior consultant at Changi General Hospital (CGH) and director of Changi Sports Medicine Centre.
Dr Chew’s interests in musculoskeletal conditions have led him to complete numerous research publications in musculoskeletal diagnostics, clinical conditions and disease management. Aside from research, he had served two terms as President of the Sports Medicine Association Singapore from 2010-2012.
• Emerging Technological Advances in Musculoskeletal Ultrasound. Cindy Y. Lin; Chin Chin Ooi; Eric Chan; Kelvin T. Chew. PM R. 2018 Jan; 10(1):112-19
• Advanced airway interventions in the trapped (racing) driver: a randomised cross-over trial. B M Schyma, A. Gobindram, A. Joseph, Kam JW, B. Shippey, K Chew. British Paramedic Journal 2017, vol. 2(2) 2–12
• Nontraumatic Knee Injuries. Cindy Y. Lin; Kelvin T. Chew. Sex Differences in Sports Medicine. 1st edition. Ellen Casey; Monica Rho; Joel Press. Springer Publishing Company 2016:121-128.
• Clinics in diagnostic imaging (156). Golf-induced hamate hook fracture. Tan HK, Chew N, Chew KT, Peh WC. Singapore Med J. 2014 Oct;55(10):517-20
• Greater Trochanteric Pain Syndrome. Michael Fredericson; Cindy Lin; Kelvin T.L. Chew. Essentials of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Eds. Walter R. Frontera, et al. 3rd edition. Philadelphia: Saunders Elsevier, 2014, 320-3.
• Comparison of autologous conditioned plasma injection, extracorporeal shockwave therapy, and conventional treatment for plantar fasciitis: a randomized trial. Chew KT, Leong D, Lin CY, Lim KK, Tan B. PM R. 2013 Dec;5(12):1035-43.
• Comparing Effects of Low- and High-Volume Moderate-Intensity Exercise on Sexual Function and Testosterone in Obese Men. Khoo J, Tian HH, Tan B, Chew K, Ng CS, Leong D, Teo RC, Chen RY. J Sex Med. 2013 May 1. doi: 10.1111/jsm.12154.
• Comparison of quadriceps angle measurements using short-arm and long-arm goniometers: correlation with MRI. Draper CE, Chew KT, Wang R, Jennings F, Gold GE, Fredericson M. PM R. 2011 Feb;3(2):111-6.
• Autologous Growth Factors: A Biological treatment in Sports Medicine. Leong D, Tan B, Chew KT. Proceedings of Singapore Healthcare 2010; 19(3):229-36
• Clinics in diagnostic imaging (129). Posterior cruciate ligament ganglion cyst. P P L See, W C G Peh, L Y Wong, K T Chew. Singapore Med J 2009; 50(11): 1102
• Relationship between ACE ID polymorphism and the improvement in aerobic capacity of elite athletes. Goh K P, Chew K, Koh A, Guan M, Wong Y S, Sum C F. Singapore Med J 2009; 50(10): 997
• Osteochondral lesions of the talus. Kelvin T.L. Chew; Eileen Teo; Yue-Shuen Wong. Annals Academy of Medicine, Singapore. 2008;37:63-8
• Diagnostic Ultrasound in Musculoskeletal Medicine: Examination of the lower limb. Kelvin T.L. Chew; Kathryn Stevens; Tyng-Guey Wang; Michael Fredericson; Henry L. Lew. American Journal of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation – 2008;87:238 –248.
• Trochanteric Bursitis. Michael Fredericson; Kelvin T.L. Chew. Frontera: Essentials of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Eds. Walter R. Frontera, et al. 2nd ed. Philadelphia: Saunders Elsevier, 2008. 303-305
• Regional Bone Mineral Density in Male Athletes: A Comparison of Soccer Players, Runners, and Controls. Michael Fredericson, Kelvin T.L. Chew, Jessica Ngo, Tammy Cleek, Jenny Kiratli, Kristin Cobb. British Journal of Sports Medicine 2007 Oct;41(10):664-8
• Current Evidence and Clinical Applications of Therapeutic Knee Braces. Kelvin T.L. Chew; Henry L. Lew; Elaine Date; Michael Fredericson. American Journal of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. 2007 Aug;86(8):678-86.
• Introduction to musculoskeletal diagnostic ultrasound: examination of the upper limb. Henry L. Lew; Tyng-Guey Wang; Carl Chen; Kelvin T.L. Chew. American Journal of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 2007;86:310 –321.
• Assessment and Management of Sports Related Concussion. Henry L. Lew; Kelvin T.L. Chew; Darryl Thomander; Joseph Bleiberg. Journal of Rehabilitation Research and Development. 2007;44(7):963-74
• Myotonia Congenita in a Young Active Man: Symptoms and Physique Tip the Diagnosis. Kelvin T.L. Chew; Yue-Shuen Wong; Hock-Luen Teoh; Erle C. H. Lim. The Physician and Sportsmedicine 2004 Jul; 32(7):449
Subscribe to our mailing list to get the updates to your inbox