Sub-specialties: Uro-Oncology, Minimally-invasive Urological Surgery, Urinary Stone Disease, Endourology
Conditions Treated by this Doctor:
Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH), Bladder Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Pelvic Floor Exercises, Prostate Cancer, Testicular Cancer, Urinary Difficulties, Urological Cancers.
Dr Lim Sey Kiat is a Visiting Consultant with the Department of Urology at Changi General Hospital (CGH), Singapore. He obtained his MBBS degree from the National University of Singapore (NUS) in 2003 and subsequently, went on to obtain his membership to the Royal College of Surgeons (Edinburgh) and Masters of Medicine (Surgery). In 2011, he was accredited as a specialist in urology by the Singapore Medical Council and was admitted as a fellow in the Academy of Medicine, Singapore.
Dr Lim underwent his fellowship training in laparoscopic and robotic surgery. Dr Lim is currently on his institution’s Robotic Surgery Committee and has helped to set up the Robotic Surgery Program at CGH.
Dr Lim has an interest in endourological and minimally invasive urological surgeries and he subspecialises in laparoscopic and robot-assisted surgeries of kidneys and prostates like partial nephrectomies and radical prostatectomies. He is also intrested in clinical research and has published in international peer-reviewed journals and book chapters. He is also actively involved in clinical innovation projects. Dr Lim had presented in various local and international conferences and had also been invited as a speaker at international and regional conferences.
(A) Refereed Journals
(i) Original Articles
1. S.K Lim, L.C Quek. Intraprostatic and bladder neck injection of Botulinum A Toxin in treatment of males with bladder neck dyssynergia : A pilot study. European Urology 53(2008); 620-627. JIF: 16.265
2. BK Poh, K Mancer, D Goh, T Lim et al. PlasmaKineticTM (bipolar) transurethral resection of prostate: a prospective trial to study pathological artefacts, surgical parameters and clinical outcomes. SMJ 2011; 52(5): 336 – 339. JIF: 0.667
3. SK Lim, FC Ng. Acute pyelonephritis and renal abscesses in adults- correlating clinical parameters with radiological (CT) severity. Ann Acad Med Singapore 2011 Sep; 40(9):407-13. JIF: 0.617
4. TY Shin,
SK Lim, YJ Kim, J Kim, KH Rha. Robotic mechanical localization of prostate cancer correlates with magnetic resonance imaging scans. Yonsei Med J. 2013 Jul 1;54(4):907-11. JIF:1.537
5. Kim KH,
Lim SK, Kim HY, Shin TY, Lee JY, Choi YD, Chung BH, Hong SJ, Rha KH. Extended vs standard lymph node dissection in robot-assisted radical prostatectomy for intermediate- or high-risk prostate cancer: a propensity-score-matching analysis. BJU Int. 2013 Jul;112(2):216-23. JIF:4.439
6. Kim KH, Lim SK, Shin TY, Chung BH, Hong SJ, Rha KH. Biochemical outcomes after robot-assisted radical prostatectomy in patients with follow-up more than 5-years. Asian J Androl. 2013 May;15(3):404-8. JIF:2.996
7. Kim KH,
Lim SK, Shin TY, Lee JY, Chung BH, Rha KH, Hong SJ. Upgrading of Gleason score and prostate volume: a clinicopathological analysis. BJU Int. 2013 Jun;111(8):1310-6. JIF:4.439.
8. Shin TY, Choi KH,
Lim SK, Kim KH, Lee DH, Lee JY, Oh YT, Jung DC, Han WK, Rha KH. Simplified zero ischemia in robot assisted partial nephrectomy: initial yonsei experience. Korean J Urol. 2013 Feb;54(2):78-84. JIF:0.481
9. Lim SK, Kim KH, Shin TY, Chung BH, Hong SJ, Choi YD, Rha KH. Gleason 5+4 Has Worse Oncological and Pathological Outcomes Compared with Gleason 4+5: Significance of Gleason 5 Pattern. Ann Surg Oncol. 2013 Sep;20(9):3127-32. JIF:4.041
10. Kim KH,
Lim SK, Shin TY, Kang DR, Han WK, Chung BH, Rha KH, Hong SJ. Tumor Volume Adds Prognostic Value in Patients with Organ-Confined Prostate Cancer. Ann Surg Oncol. 2013 Sep;20(9):3133-9. JIF:4.041
11. Lim SK, Kim KH, Shin TY, Chung BH, Hong SJ, Choi YD, Rha KH. Yonsei Criteria: A new criteria for active surveillance in the era of robotic and local ablative surgeries. Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2013 Dec;11(4):501-7. JIF:2.535
12. Lim SK, Kim KH, Shin TY, Chung BH, Hong SJ, Choi YD, Rha KH. LESS Robot-assisted Nephroureterectomy: Comparison with Conventional Multiport Technique in the Management of Upper Urinary Tract Urothelial Carcinoma. BJU Int. 2014 Jul;114(1):90-7. JIF:4.439.
13. Lim SK, Kim KH, Shin TY, Chung BH, Hong SJ, Choi YD, Rha KH. Intermediate term outcomes of Robot-assisted Laparoscopic Nephroureterectomy in upper urinary tract urothelial carcinoma. Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2013 Dec;11(4):515-21. JIF:2.535
14. Lim SK, Rha KH. The time is ripe to redefine high risk prostate cancers? BJUI 2014 Feb; 113:181. JIF:4.439.
15. Kim KH,
Lim SK, Shin TY, Lee JY, Chung BH, Rha KH, Hong SJ. Yonsei Nomogram to Predict Lymph Node Invasion in Asian Men with Prostate Cancer during Robotic Era. BJU Int. 2014 Apr;113(4):598-604. JIF:4.439.
16. Tiu A, Shin TY, Kim KH,
Lim SK, Han WK, Rha KH. Robotic Laparoendoscopic Single-site Transumbilical Partial Nephrectomy: Functional and Oncologic Outcomes at 2 Years. Urology. 2013 Sep;82(3):595-9. JIF:2.309
17. Shin TY, Kim J, Koo KC,
Lim SK, Kim DW, Kang MW, Rha KH, Choi YD, Ham WS. Assessing the anatomical characteristics of renal masses has a limited effect on the prediction of pathological outcomes in solid, enhancing, small renal masses: results using the PADUA classification system. BJU Int. 2014 May;113(5):754-61. JIF:4.439.
18. Lim SK, Kim KH, Shin TY, Chung BH, Hong SJ, Choi YD, Rha KH, R Gaston. Retzius-sparing Robot-assisted Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy – combining the best of retropubic and perineal approaches. BJU Int. 2014 Aug;114(2):236-44. doi: 10.1111/bju.12705. JIF:4.439.
19. Hah YS, Lee JY,
Lim SK, Cho KS, Choi YD. An evidence-based evaluation of health information on erectile dysfunction from 10 nationwide daily newspapers in Korea. Korean J Urol. 2013 Nov;54(11):778-82. JIF:0.481
20. Shin TY,
Lim SK, Komninos C, Kim DW, Han WK, Hong SJ, Jung BH, Rha KH. Clinical values of selective-clamp technique in robotic partial nephrectomy. World J Urol. 2015 Jun;33(6):763-9. JIF: 2.743
21. Shin TY, Komninos, Kim DW, So KS, Bang KS, Jeong HJ, Han WK, Hong SJ, Jung BH,
Lim SK, Lee SK, Lee WK, Rha KH. A Novel Mathematical Model to Predict Severity of Postoperative Functional Reduction before Partial Nephrectomy: The Importance of Calculating Resected and Ischemized Volume (RAIV). J Urol. 2015 Feb;193(2):423-9. JIF: 5.157
22 Kim KH,
Lim SK, Koo KC, Han WK, Hong SJ, Rha KH. Extended lymph node dissection in robot-assisted radical prostatectomy: lymph node yield and distribution of metastases. Asian J Androl. 2014 Nov-Dec;16(6):824-8. JIF:2.996
23. Shin TY,
Lim SK, Komninos C, Kim DW, Han WK, Hong SJ, Jung BH, Rha KH. Laparoendoscopic Single-Site Robotic Partial Nephrectomy Reduces Postoperative Wound Pain Without Rise of Complications rates. BJU Int. 2014 Oct;114(4):555-61. JIF:4.439
24. Kim KH, Ahn B,
Lim SK, Han WK, Kim JH, Rha KH, Kim J. Indenter study: associations between prostate elasticity and lower urinary tract symptoms. Urology. 2014 Mar;83(3):544-8. JIF:2.309
25. Shin TY, Komninos C, Kim DW, So KS, Bang KS, Jeong HJ, Han WK, Hong SJ, Jung BH,
Lim SK, Lee SK, Lee WK, Rha KH. A novel mathematical model to predict the severity of postoperative functional reduction before partial nephrectomy: the importance of calculating resected and ischemic volume. J Urol. 2015 Feb;193(2):423-9. JIF: 5.157
26. Lim SK, Ng FC, Yam WL, Rha KH. Modified transperitoneal ports configuration and docking technique for renal surgeries with the da Vinci Surgical System Xi. Int J Urol. 2016 Sep;23(9):801-2. JIF:1.844
27. Lebedev A, Ma GH, Anariba F,
Lim SK et al. Design and fabrication of BiV(O, N)4 p-n homojunction solid solutions for enhanced methylene blue degradation via LED light irradiation. Solar Energy, 2018, 180: 298-302. JIF:4.018
28. Ng FC, Yam WL, Lim TYB, Teo JK, Ng KK,
Lim SK. Ultrasound-guided percutaneous nephrolithotomy: Advantages and limitations. Investig Clin Urol. 2017 Sep;58(5):346-352. JIF:0.481
(ii) Review Articles
1. SK Lim, KH Kim, TY Shin, KH Rha. Current Status of Robotic assisted Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy. How Does It Compare with Other Surgical Approaches? Int J Urol. 2013 Mar;20(3):271-84. JIF: 1.844
2. SK Lim, TY Shin, KH Rha. Current status of robot assisted laparoscopic radical nephroureterectomy for management of upper tract urothelial carcinoma. Curr Urol Rep. 2013 Apr;14(2):138-46. JIF:2.124
3. Teo XL, Lim SK. Robotic assisted adrenalectomy: Is it ready for prime time? Investigative and Clinical Urology – Investig Clin Urol. 2016 Dec; 57(Suppl 2): S130–S146. JIF:0.481
(iii) Letters (e.g. to Editor), Editorials & Case Reports
1. SK Lim, KH Rha. Editorial comments on Quantitative Analysis of the Learning Curve with Three-dimensional Vision for the Assistant Surgeon in Robot-assisted Urologic Surgery. Int J Urol 2013 Oct; 20(10):1041-1042. doi: 10.1111/iju.12128. JIF:1.844
2. Teo XL, Lim SK. Editorial Comment from Dr Teo and Dr Lim to Anatomical dimensions using preoperative magnetic resonance imaging: Impact on the learning curve of robot-assisted laparoscopic prostatectomy. Int J Urol. 2015 Jan;22(1):79-80. JIF: 1.844
3. Lim SK, Kim KH, Shin TY, Chung BH, Hong SJ, Choi YD, Rha KH. A rare case of interparietal incisional hernia from 8mm trocar site after Robot-assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy. Hernia. 2013 Jul 20. JIF:1.932
4. Lee SL, Teo JK, Lim SK, Salkade HP, Mancer K. Coexistence of Malakoplakia and Papillary Urothelial Carcinoma of the Urinary Bladder. Int J Surg Pathol. 2015 Oct;23(7):575-8. JIF:0.830
(B) Non-Refereed Publications
Non-refereed publications refer to those which do not routinely use a system of critical review prior to publication; such articles are often solicited by the publisher.
(i) Review Articles
• Teo XL, Lim SK. Robot-assisted nephroureterectomy: current perspectives. Robotic Surgery: Research and Reviews, 4 July 2016 Volume 2016:3 Pages 37—48.
(ii) Books & Chapters
In the format as shown and with name in bold (as book author/editor):
1. Lim SK, Rha KH. 2015, Adrenal Surgery. Alan Wein, Louis Kavoussi, Alan Partin, Craig Peters. Campbell-Walsh Urology, Elsevier, 11th Edition. 1577-1595
(iii) Letters (e.g. to Editor), Editorials & Case Reports
1. SK Lim, KH Rha. Extended pelvic lymph node dissection including internal iliac packet should be performed during robot-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy for high-risk prostate cancer, "Beyond the Abstract," Uro Today (online)
Subscribe to our mailing list to get the updates to your inbox