Conditions Treated by this Doctor:
Acne Vulgaris, Eczema, Psoriasis.
Dr Koh is a Ministry of Health-accredited dermatologist. After graduation from NUS Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine in 2008, he obtained his MRCP (UK) and MRCPS (Glasgow) in 2014. He proceeded to complete his specialist training in dermatology at Changi General Hospital (CGH) and National Skin Centre in 2017. Dr Koh then pursued further subspecialty training in diseases of the hair and scalp at Sinclair Dermatology, Melbourne, Australia in 2020. He currently runs a weekly Hair clinic in CGH and is a member of the Australasian Hair and Wool Research Society and the American Hair Research Society.
Dr Koh has also published widely in peer-reviewed medical journals and presented his research work at local and international dermatology meetings. He has a passion for medical education and is currently a clinical lecturer at the NUS Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine.
In addition to dermatology, Dr Koh has a keen interest in psychiatry and was awarded the Eli Lily Gold Medal and Book Prize for being the top undergraduate student in psychiatry. He went on to undertake and obtain a Graduate Diploma in Mental Health (NUS) in 2019. He co-chairs the multi-disciplinary psychodermatology clinic in CGH.
• S Vano-Galvan, R Pirmez, A Hermosa-Gelbard, OM Moreno-Arrones, D Saceda-Corralo, R Rodrigues-Barata, J Jimenez-Cauhe,
WL Koh et al. Safety of low-dose oral minoxidil for hair loss: a multicentre study of 1404 patients. J Am Acad Dermatol. Article in Press. Published 2021 Feb 24. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaad.2021.02.054
• J Kee,
WL Koh , WL Kok. A swollen head - more than meets the eye. Ann Acad Med Singap 2020; 49: 1052-3.
WL Koh , R Sinclair, B Bhoyrul. Low-dose oral minoxidil improves global hair density and length in children with loose anagen hair syndrome. Br J Dermatol 2020 Dec 24. doi: 10.1111/bjd.19756. Online ahead of print.
• R Jerjen,
WL Koh , R Sinclair. Effective treatment of disseminated superficial actinic porokeratosis using a novel topical cholesterol/simvastatin combination cream. Australas J Dermatol 2020 Sep 27. doi: 10.1111/ajd.13473. Online ahead of print.
• CJ Park,
WL Koh , YK Tay, EKM Wuan, RSP Lim. A review of cases seen at a psychodermatology clinic in Singapore. Asian J Psychiatr 2020; 50: 101955.
WL Koh , HH Oon, WP Tan. Acitretin-altered squamous cell carcinoma: a pitfall in diagnosis. Dermatol Surg 2019; 45(2): 311-3.
SH Koo, YL Teoh, WL Koh , H Ochi, SK Tan, D Miao, F Sim, B Jiang, AL Tan, TY Tan, SPR Lim. Development and validation of a real-time multiplex PCR assay for the detection of dermatophytes and fusarium spp. J Med Microbiol 2019; 68(11): 1641-8.
WL Koh , YK Tay. Epidermolysis bullosa simplex, Dowling-Meara, mimicking epidermolysis bullosa simplex with mottled pigmentation - A case report. J Dermatol Dermatol Surg 2019; 23: 106-8.
WL Koh , YK Tay, CS Sim. Solitary mastocytoma arising from a tight infant identification bracelet. Indian J Paediatr Dermatol 2018; 19(3): 258-60.
• WL Koh, HB Oon, WP Tan. Erosion-like squamous cell carcinoma in an acitretin treatment psoriasis patient. Dermatol Bulletin 2017; 28(1): 30-31.
• WL Koh, YK Tay, CS Sim. Solitary mastocytoma arising from a tight infant identification bracelet. Indian J Paediatr Dermatol. doi: 10.4103/ijpd.IJPD_85_17. [Epub ahead of print]
• WL Koh, YK Tay, VWL Ng. Pancreatic panniculitis sans pancreatitis in a newly diagnosed diabetes mellitus patient. Ann Acad Med Singapore 2017; 46:252-3.
• WL Koh, CC Ang, SPR Lim. A rare case of occupational contact urticaria syndrome caused by meranti wood dust. Contact Dermatitis 2016; 75(1): 56-8.
• PM Yeo,
WL Koh, SPR Lim. Tramadol-induced peripheral oedema. Clin Exp Dermatol 2016; 41(5): 557-8.
• PM Yeo, WL Koh, CC Ang, SPR Lim. Paradoxical worsening of truncal acne with doxycycline. Ann Acad Med Singapore 2016; 45: 430-1.
• YZ Pang,
WL Koh, CC Ang. Idiopathic eruptive macular pigmentation with papillomatosis (IEMPP): A controversial entity. Dermatol Online J 2016; 22(4).
• WL Koh, SPR Lim. Dramatic hyperpigmentation of keloids after intralesional triamcinolone acetonide injection. Dermatol Online J 2015; 21(5).
• WL Koh, YK Tay, MJA Koh. Danazol-induced Stevens-Johnson syndrome in a patient with systemic lupus erythematosus. Dermatol Online J 2015; 21(1).
• WL Koh, MJA Koh, YK Tay. Pityriasis lichenoides in an Asian population. Int J Dermatol 2013; 52(12): 1495-9.
• WL Koh, YK Tay, MJA Koh, CS Sim. Cutaneous pseudolymphoma occurring after traumatic implantation of a foreign red pigment. Singapore Med J 2013; 54(5): e100-1.
• WL Koh, CC Ang, SPR Lim. Psoriasiform dermatitis in a case of newly diagnosed locally advanced pyriform sinus tumour: Bazex syndrome revisited. Singapore Med J 2012; 53(1): e12-14.
• WL Koh, TT Liu, YK Tay. Formication due to true parasitic infestation: Bird mites. Arch Dermatol 2011; 147(4): 508-9.
• WL Koh, TT Liu. A cured patient who came back for consultation: neuropathic scrotal pruritus relieved after ipsilateral inguinal hernia repair. Int J STD AIDS 2010; 21(9): 658-9.
• SPW Kumarasinghe,
WL Koh, CSJ Teo. Significance of Acinetobacter spp. in bacterial culture reports – a clinical perspective. Ind J Wound Management 2006; 1(2): 5-12.
• SPW Kumarasinghe,
WL Koh, CSJ Teo, SH Chua. Acquired Bilateral Naevus Of Ota-Like Macules (Hori’s Naevus). Dermatol Bulletin 2007; 18(2): 9-12.
• M Katory, CL Tang,
WL Koh, et al. A 6-year review of surgical morbidity and oncological outcome after high anterior resection for colorectal malignancy with and without splenic flexure mobilization. Colorectal Disease 2007; 10(2): 165-9.
Subscribe to our mailing list to get the updates to your inbox