Specialty: Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine
Conditions Treated by this Doctor:
Asthma, Bronchiectasis, Bronchoscopy, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Haemoptysis, Image-Guided Lung Biopsy, Pneunomia, Pulmonary Embolism.
Dr Jansen Koh is currently assistant chairman, Medical Board (Performance Excellence) as well as chief for the Department of Respiratory & Critical Care Medicine at Changi General Hospital (CGH). He obtained his MBBS from the National University Hospital of Singapore in 2001. He obtained his MRCP (UK) in 2007 and EDIC in 2011. His interest in respiratory & critical care is point of care ultrasonography, having obtained his certification from the American College of Chest Physicians.
In 2013, Dr Koh completed his fellowship in clinical simulation and medical education at the Learning Institute in Toronto, Canada. He is also a fellow at the Academy of Medicine Singapore, Royal College of Physicians Edinburgh and American College of Chest Physicians. He was the associate program director of the Internal Medicine Residency Program from 2012 to 2017 and is currently, the co-chair of the Changi Simulation Institute.
He has initiated several medical education initiatives such as the e-learning and simulation programs at CGH. He is also the chair of workshops for Systems Approach in Simulation as well as protected inter-professional team resuscitation at local and international conferences.
• 2014 - Sim-One Capstones Simulation Certification, Ontario, Toronto
• 2012 - Learning Institute Fellow in Simulation Education & Research, Canada
• 2012 - Critical Care Ultrasonography Certification (American College of Chest Physicians)
• 2011 - European Diploma in Intensive Care
• 2010 - HERMES In Training Assessment
• 2007 - Membership of the Royal College of Physician (United Kingdom)
• 2001 - Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), National University of Singapore, Faculty of Medicine
• 2018 - Special Recognition Award (Role Model to the Medicine Graduating Class of 2017), National University of Singapore
• 2017 - Faculty Appreciation Award, Singhealth IM Residency Associate Program Director
• 2016 - Residency in Singhealth Excels Award Senior Respiratory Residency
• 2016 - Residency in Singhealth Excels Award Junior Internal Medicine Residency Awards
• 2016 - Gold Service Award, Eastern Health Alliance Caring Awards
• 2015 - Best educator Award, Medical Postgraduate, 2015, Changi General Hospital
• 2015 - Gold Service Award, Quality Convention Changi General Hospital 2015
• 2015 - Outstanding Faculty Award, Singhealth Residency
• 2015 - Silver Award, Eastern Health Alliance Caring Awards
• 2014 - Best Service Award, Changi General Award 2014
• 2014 - Best Educator Award, Medical Postgraduate, 2014, Changi General Hospital
• 2014 - Outstanding Faculty Award, Singhealth Residency
• 2012 - Dean’s Award for Teaching Excellence
• 2012 - Best Teacher Award Changi General Hospital
• 2011 - Singhealth Best Registrar Award
• 2011 - Best Advanced Specialist Trainee in Respiratory Medicine
• 2010 - Singapore Arm Forces Good Service Medal
• 2010 - Singapore Thoracic Society Advance Specialist Trainee Presentation: Best Presenter Award
• 3/5/2007 – 31/10/2007 - Best Medical Officer Award (NUH, A&E)
• 3/5/2006 – 31/10/2006 - Certificate of Commendation for Excellent performance as Medical Officer (CGH)
• 7/11/2005 – 2/52006 - Certificate of Commendation for Excellent performance as Medical Officer (CGH)
• 2003 - Ministry of Defence Letter of Commendation (against SARS)
• 1998/1999 - Medical Alumni Association Bronze Medal, NUS
• 1998/1999 - Shaw Foundation Scholarship, NUS
• 1997/1998 - Dean’s List Award, NUS
• 1997/1998 - Beecham Book Prize, Microbiology, NUS
1. A randomized pilot study of parenteral glutamine supplementation in severe sepsis; Vijo Poulose, J Koh, Ciritical Care and Shock July 2017
2. Preparation With Web-Based Observational Practice Improves Efficiency of Simulation-Based Mastery Learning; Cheung, Jeffrey J.H.; Koh, Jansen; Brett, Clare; Simulation in Healthcare: The Journal of the Society for Simulation in Healthcare . 11(5):316-322, October 2016.
3. Should Antiplatelets Be Withheld for Transthoracic Needle Aspiration? Sandra Hui; Jansen Meng Kwang Koh; Carmen Jia Wen Kam; Angeline Poh. Chest. 2016;150(4_S):1018A. doi:10.1016/j.chest.2016.08.1124
4. Koh J, Dubrowski A (June 19, 2016) Merging Problem-Based Learning with Simulation-Based Learning in the Medical Undergraduate Curriculum: The PAIRED Framework for Enhancing Lifelong Learning . Cureus 8(6): e647. doi:10.7759/cureus.647
5. Augustine Tee, Jansen Koh, Zakiah, Mashithah, Leylane; Challenges in Resuscitating Highly Infectious Patients Using Medical Emergency Team Simulation. MET conference Australia 2016
6. Tan QL, Chew WM, Low TB J Koh; Causes and Imaging Patterns of Tree-in-Bud opacities on Computer Tomography of the Thorax in an Asian population – A Retrospective Review. APSR 2014 & Best Oral Presentation Singhealth Residency Poster Presentation 2015
7. Kui Swee leng, How Choon How, Jansen Koh. “The Problematic Asthmatic Patient”; Singapore Med J. 2015 Jul; 56(7): 368–372
8. Hanif I, Chai H, Koh J. Dettol Poisoning: A Case Report and Review of the Literature. Journal of Hospital Medicine. 2015; 10 (suppl 2)
9. Koh, Jansen, Xu, Ying Yeo, LiFang, et al. Achieving Optimal Clinical Outcomes in Ultrasound-Guided Central Venous Catheterizations of the Internal Jugular Vein After a Simulation-Based Training Program for Novice Learners. Simulation in Healthcare: The Journal of the Society for Simulation in Healthcare. June 2014 - Volume 9 - Issue 3 - p 161-166
10. Haji FA1, Hoppe DJ, Morin MP, Giannoulakis K, Koh J, Rojas D, Cheung JJ.What we call what we do affects how we do it: a new nomenclature for simulation research in medical education. Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract. 2014 May;19(2):273-80
11. Tay TR, Jansen Koh, Tee A. ICU Delirium: Is prevention better than cure? OA Critical Care 2014 Feb 22;2(1):3.
12. Cheung JJ, Jansen Koh, MacKinnon K, Brett C, Kapralos B, & Dubrowski A.Preparing for Simulation-Based Education and Training Through Web-Based Learning: The Role of Observational Practice and Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning. The Hodges Education Scholarship International Symposium. Toronto, Ontario, Canada. March 20, 2014.
13. Jansen Koh and Adam Dubrowski. Merging Problem based Learning with Simulation based learning in the Medical Undergraduate Curriculum: the PAIRED Framework for Enhancing Lifelong Learning. Submission in Progress.
14. Cheung JJH, Koh J, Mackinnon K, Brett C, Bägli D, Kapralos B, Dubrowski A. The use of Web-based observational practice and educational networking improves simulation-based education and training of central venous catheterization: A pilot study. IMSH 2013
15. Jansen Koh, Jeffrey Cheung, Bill Mackinnon K, Brett C, Bill Kapralos and Adam Dubrowski. Web-Based Learning and Computer Supported Collaborative Learning for Psychomotor Skill Acquisition: Perspectives of Medical Undergraduate Students. MMVR 20, February 2013
16. Jansen Koh and Adam Dubrowski. Merging Problem based Learning with Simulation based learning in the Medical Undergraduate Curriculum: the PAIRED Framework for Enhancing Lifelong Learning. Poster Presentation at The Simulation Exposition Toronto, Canada 2012
17. Jansen Koh, Jeffrey Cheung, David Rojas, Bill Krapoloas & Adam Dubrowski. Ultrasound Guided Central Venous Catheterization Web Based Learning Management System and Training Program. Interactive Booth Oral Presentation at the Simulation Exposition Toronto, Canada 2012.
18. Jansen Koh, Yeo Li Fang & Tina Xu. Achieving Optimal Clinical Outcomes in Ultrasound Guided Central Venous Catheterization in Critically Ill Adults by Internal Medicine Residents. Poster Presentation Critical Care Canada Forum, Toronto Canada, October 2012.
19. Cheung JJH, Koh J, Mackinnon K, Brett C, Bägli D, Kapralos B, Dubrowski A. The use of Web-based observational practice and educational networking improves simulation-based education and training of central venous catheterization: A pilot study. The Richard K. Reznick Wilson Centre Research Day, October 2012, Vaughan Estate of Sunnybrook, Toronto, ON.
20. Cheung JJH, Koh J, Mackinnon K, Brett C, Bägli D, Kapralos B, Dubrowski A. Training of central venous catheterization in novice learners. The Richard K. Reznick Wilson Centre Research Day, October 2012, Vaughan Estate of Sunnybrook, Toronto, ON.
21. Jansen M.K. Koh, Gerald Tan JS, How CH. Solitary Pulmonary Nodule. Singapore Medical Journal June 2012
22. Jansen M.K. Koh, John Law, Jagadesan Raghuram. Massive Hemoptysis, Not your usual tuberculosis. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine Feb 2012, 185:455
23. Jansen M.K. Koh, Yeo Lifang. Outcome of Ultrasound Guided Central Venous Catheter Insertion in Residents following a Guided Training Program. Chest Conference Poster Presentation 2011
24. Jansen M.K. Koh, Augustine Tee, Jimmy Wai Heng Phoo, Ghee Chee Phua, Kwok Wah Leong, Naville Chia, Soon Keng Goh, Jonathan Tan, Benjamin Ho, Chee Keat Tan, Graeme Maclaren, Jason Phua. A national point-prevalence survey of the practice of sedation, analgesia, neuromuscular blockade and delirium assessment in adult intensive care units in Singapore. Critical Care and Shock November 2010
25. Jansen M.K. Koh, Mok Yingjuan, Imran Bin Mohd Noor. Physician Led Pleural Ultrasonography Service, A 4-Year experience in a Singapore District Hospital. European Respiratory Society Annual Congress 2010.
26. Jansen M.K. Koh, Augustine Tee. Cold Abscess Presenting as Unilateral Gynecomastia. New England Journal of Medicine 2009; 361: 23
27. Jansen M.K. Koh, Cynthia Lim, Angeline Poh. Recurrent Pneumothoraces, rash and polyuria. Lancet 2009; 373:2258
28. Jansen M.K. Koh, Jissy VP, Vijo Poulose. Clinical characteristics and outcomes of critically ill adults with septic acute kidney injury. Critical Care 2009,13(Suppl 1) P 261; 29th International Symposium on Intensive Care and Emergency Medicine
29. Augustine Tee, Akash Verma, Jansen MK. Koh, Imran Bin Mohd Noor. Experience with small-bore tube thoracostomy with heimlich valve in patients with pneumothorax. Changi General Hospital Annual Scientific Meeting 2008
30. Jansen M. K. Koh, Augustine K. H. Tee, K. Narendran. Clinical characteristics of adults with fatal and near-fatal asthma in Singapore. CHEST Conference 2008. (Philadelphia, USA, 22 October 2008 )
31. Jansen M. K. Koh. Cardiac myxoma is an uncommon but potentially treatable cause of stroke: Case report and discussion. International Journal of Stroke 1(Sup1):141Joint World Congress on Stroke. (South Africa, Cape Town, 26-29 October 2006)
Subscribe to our mailing list to get the updates to your inbox