Specialty: General Surgery
Sub-specialties: Upper Gastrointestinal ＆ Bariatric Surgery, Robotic Surgery, Minimally Invasive Surgery, Therapeutic Endoscopy, Hernia Surgery
Conditions Treated by this Doctor:
Abdominal Hernia (Ventral Hernia), Achalasia, Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery, Barrett’s Oesophagus, Dyspepsia (Peptic Ulcer Disease), Dysphagia Difficulty in Swallowing, Gastric Cancer, Gastroesophageal Reflux (GER) and Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumour (GIST), Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumours, Gastro-oesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), Hernia, Hiatal Hernia, Inguinal hernia, Obesity, Obesity and metabolic syndrome, Oesophageal Cancer, Oesophagus Cancer, Peptic Ulcer Disease (PUD), Stomach Cancer.
Dr June Lee is a senior consultant in the Department of Surgery at Changi General Hospital (CGH). She graduated from the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore (NUS) in 2004 with a MBBS degree. She trained for her specialisation in general surgery in both Singapore General Hospital (SGH) and CGH. Dr Lee attained a fellowship in general surgery from the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in 2012 and was accorded the Health Manpower Development Plan (HMDP) Award. She then completed her fellowship training in upper gastrointestinal and bariatric surgery at Princes of Wales Hospital, Hong Kong in 2015.
Dr Lee is trained in minimally invasive surgical treatment of gastric and oesophageal cancers. She also maintains an interest in minimally invasive surgical treatment of benign conditions involving the upper gastrointestinal tract, obesity and hernias.
• Is preoperative upper gastrointestinal endoscopy in obese patients undergoing bariatric surgery mandatory? An Asian Perspective. OBES SURG (2017) 27: 44.
• Paraesophageal and parahiatal hernias in an Asian acute care tertiary hospital: an underappreciated surgical condition. Singapore Med J 2016, 1-22.
• Editorial: A New Clinical Model for Prediction of Nodal Metastasis for Patients with Early Gastric Cancer: Is this Good Enough? Ann Surg Oncol. 2015 Mar 20.
• Trocar site hernias from using bladeless trocars: should fascial closure be performed? J Surg Case Rep. 2014 May 15;2014(5).
• Secondary stent-in-stent self-expanding metallic stent placement for early stent occlusion due to mucosal oedema in the gastrojejunal anastomosis after palliative subtotal gastrectomy for locally advanced gastric cancer. Singapore Med J 2013; 54(12): e240-e243
• Effect of Body Mass Index on Prostate-Specific Antigen Levels among Chinese men in Singapore from a Community-Based Study. BJU Int 2008;103:1487-1491.
• CMV Colitis Presenting as Massive Lower Gastrointestinal Bleeding in an Immunocompetent Patient. Indian J Surg. 2008 Feb;70(1):28-31.
• Prevalence Rates of Refractive Errors in Teenage School Students. Ophthalmic Physiol Opt. 2004 Jan;24(1):47-55.
Subscribe to our mailing list to get the updates to your inbox