Specialty: Diagnostic Radiology
Sub-specialties: Breast Imaging
Dr Chiang Siew Hwa is a senior consultant with the Department of Diagnostic Radiology at Changi General Hospital (CGH). She is concurrently with the BreastScreen Singapore (BSS) Quality Assurance and Training Subcommittee which audits the BSS Screening Centres in various polyclinics. She is also a faculty physician with the Singhealth Residency Program and is involved in the training of radiology residents.
Previously, Dr Chiang was the director of the Breast Imaging Section in CGH from 2007 to 2016. During this period, she was involved with the process of introducing and teaching stereotactic vacuum breast biopsies and ultrasound vacuum biopsies in CGH. Additionally, she launched services for MRI breast imaging and MRI-guided breast biopsies and introduced tomosynthesis-guided biopsies in CGH. As the clinical director for the BSS Reading Centre in CGH, she was the key driver in the setup of the BSS Assessment Centre in CGH in 2016 (BSS is a nation-wide breast cancer screening program by the Health Promotion Board).
Dr Chiang graduated from the National University of Singapore with degrees in Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) in 1996. She earned her Fellowship from the Royal College of Radiologists (London, UK) and her Master of Medicine (Diagnostic Radiology) from the National University of Singapore in 2002. In 2005, Dr Chiang concurrently held the position of Post-Doctoral Research Scholar at the Department of Radiology of the UCSF Cancer Center at the University of California, San Francisco, USA.
• Teh HS, Chiang SH, Leung JW, Tan SM, Mancer JF. Rapidly enlarging tumoral
pseudoangiomatous stromal hyperplasia in a 15-year-old patient: distinguishing
sonographic and magnetic resonance imaging findings and correlation with
J Ultrasound Med. 2007 Aug;26(8):1101-6.
• Tan KY, Tan SM, Chiang SH, Tan A, Chong CK, Tay KH.
Breast specimen ultrasound and mammography in the prediction of tumour-free margins. ANZ J Surg. 2006 Dec;76(12):1064-7.
• Chiang SH, Lim CC, Hui F.
Clinics in diagnostic imaging (91). Subarachnoid haemorrhage.
Singapore Med J. 2003 Nov;44(11):602-6.
• Chiang SH, Thng CH, Teh CS, Tan AG, Poddar SL, Wong BS, Chow PK, Chung AY, Ooi LL.
Computed tomographic appearance of colorectal hepatic metastases.
Ann Acad Med Singapore. 2003 Mar;32(2):191-5.
• Teh HS, Chiang SH, Tan AG, Sng LH, Oh HM.
A case of right loin pain: septic ovarian vein thrombosis due to Campylobacter fetus bacteraemia.
Ann Acad Med Singapore. 2004 May;33(3):385-8.
• Chiang SH, Quek ST. Carcinoma of the cervix: role of MR imaging.
Ann Acad Med Singapore. 2003 Jul;32(4):550-6. Review
• Conference of European Society of Radiology in Vienna – Open-Paddle Tomosynthesis-Guided Wire Localisation of Breast Lesions
• Global Breast Cancer Conference, Seoul, South Korea – Early Diagnosis of Breast Cancer by Wire Localization and Biopsy- A 10-Year Review of 342 Patients
• The American Roentgen Ray Society 106th Annual Meeting, Vancouver, Canada – Mammographic Features of Breast Carcinoma in Women Less than 40 Years Old
• Changi General Hospital Research Forum, Changi General Hospital, Singapore – Is Wire Localization of Non-palpable Breast lesion Old Fashion?
• 15th Annual Scientific Meeting, Singapore Radiological Society, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Singapore – Radiographic Approach to Pulmonary Hilum
Subscribe to our mailing list to get the updates to your inbox