Specialty: Gastroenterology and Hepatology
Sub-specialties: Gastroenterology, Pancreatico-Biliary Diseases, Early Gastrointestinal Cancer, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), Advanced Endoscopic Imaging, Therapeutic Endoscopy, Endoscopic Stenting, Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS) Diagnostic Endoscopy, Endoscopic Resection (EMR ＆ ESD), Small Bowel Enteroscopy, Screening Derived Colonoscopy
Conditions Treated by this Doctor:
Abdominal Pain, Anaemia, Anaemia in Pregnancy, Anaemia of Prematurity, Chronic Constipation, Colorectal Cancer, Crohn's Disease, Fatty Liver, Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders (FGID), Gallstones, Gastric Cancer, Gastroenteritis (Food Poisoning), Gastro-oesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Liver Cirrhosis and Portal Hypertension, Oesophageal Cancer, Pancreas Cancer, Peptic Ulcer Disease (PUD), Per Rectal Bleeding, Polyps of the Colon and Rectum, Stomach (Gastric) Cancer, Stones in the Bile Duct, Ulcerative Colitis.
Adj Prof Ang is a Senior Consultant at the Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Changi General Hospital (CGH), Singapore. He is an Adjunct Professor at the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore. He has subspecialty clinical interests in pancreaticobiliary diseases, image enhanced endoscopy and endoscopic resection of early GI neoplasia, and advanced therapeutic endoscopy, in particular therapeutic ERCP and interventional EUS. His research interests include acid-related disorders, H. pylori infection, pancreatico-biliary diseases, image enhanced endoscopy, therapeutic ERCP and interventional EUS.
Adj Prof Ang is chair of the Chapter of Gastroenterology, Academy of Medicine, Singapore, and past president of the Gastroenterological Society of Singapore. He is a member of the Singapore Gastroenterology Residency Advisory Committee, chairperson of the Gastroenterology Specialist Examination Subcommittee and council member of Asia Pacific Association of Gastroenterology.
• Journal Publications
JW, Ang TL, Kam JW, Kwek ABE, Teo EK. The learning curve for needle knife precut sphincterotomy revisited. United European Gastroenterol J. 2017 Dec;5(8):1116-1122.
2. Guo J, Saftoiu A, Vilmann P, Fusaroli P, Giovannini M, Mishra G, Rana SS, Ho S, Poley JW, Ang TL, Kalaitzakis E, Siddiqui AA, De La Mora-Levy JG, Lakhtakia S, Bhutani MS, Sharma M, Mukai S, Garg PK, Lee LS, Vila JJ, Artifon E, Adler DG, Sun S. A multi-institutional consensus on how to perform endoscopic ultrasound-guided peri-pancreatic fluid collection drainage and endoscopic necrosectomy. Endosc Ultrasound. 2017 Sep-Oct;6(5):285-291.
3. Fock KM, Ang TL. Editorial: risk stratification for endoscopic surveillance of metachronous gastric cancer after endoscopic resection. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2017 Nov;46(10):1014-1015.
4. Mahachai V, Vilaichone RK, Pittayanon R, Rojborwonwitaya J, Leelakusolvong S, Maneerattanaporn M, Chotivitayatarakorn P, Treeprasertsuk S, Kositchaiwat C, Pisespongsa P, Mairiang P, Rani A, Leow A, Mya SM, Lee YC, Vannarath S, Rasachak B, Chakravuth O, Aung MM, Ang TL, Sollano JD, Trong DQ, Sansak I, Wiwattanachang O, Harnsomburana P, Syam AF, Yamaoka Y, Fock KM, Goh KL, Sugano K, Graham D. H. pylori Management in ASEAN: the Bangkok Consensus Report. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2017 Jul 31. doi: 10.1111/jgh.13911. [Epub ahead of print]
5. Singh R, Cheong KL, Zorron Cheng Tao Pu L, Mangira D, Koay DSC, Kee C, Ng SC, Rerknimitr R, Aniwan S, Ang TL, Goh KL, Ho SH, Lau JY. Multicenter randomised controlled trial comparing the high definition white light endoscopy and the bright narrow band imaging for colon polyps. World J Gastrointest Endosc. 2017 Jun 16;9(6):273-281.
6. Chew CA, Lye TF, Ang D, Ang TL. The diagnosis and management of H. pylori infection in Singapore. Singapore Med J. 2017 May;58(5):234-240.
7. Khoo J, Hsiang J, Taneja R, Law NM, Ang TL. Comparative effects of liraglutide 3 mg vs structured lifestyle modification on body weight, liver fat and liver function in obese patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: A pilot randomized trial. Diabetes Obes Metab. 2017 Dec;19(12):1814-1817.
8. Kwek BEA, Ang TL, Ong PLJ, Tan YLJ, Ang SWD, Law NM, Thurairajah PH, Fock KM. TC-325 versus the conventional combined technique for endoscopic treatment of peptic ulcers with high-risk bleeding stigmata: A randomized pilot study. J Dig Dis. 2017 Jun;18(6):323-329.
9. Ang TL. Chronic pancreatitis with pancreatic duct stricture and calculi treated by fully covered self-expandable metal stent placement and intraductal pancreatoscopy-guided laser lithotripsy. Endoscopy. 2017 Jun;49(6):E145-E146. doi: 10.1055/s-0043-105570.
10. Hussain I, Ang TL. Cystic pancreatic lymphangioma diagnosed with endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration. Endosc Ultrasound. 2017 Mar-Apr;6(2):136-139.
11. Hussain I, Ang TL Evidence based review of the impact of image enhanced endoscopy in the diagnosis of gastric disorders. World J Gastrointest Endosc. 2016 Dec 16;8(20):741-755.
12. Ang TL, Teoh AYB. Endoscopic ultrasonography-guided drainage of pancreatic fluid collections. Dig Endosc. 2017 May;29(4):463-471.
13. Song M, Kwek AB, Law NM, Ong JP, Tan JY, Harichander Thurairajah P, Ang DS, Ang TL. Efficacy of small-volume simethicone given at least 30 min before gastroscopy. World J Gastrointest Pharmacol Ther. 2016 Nov 6;7(4):572-578.
14. Ang TL, Kongkam P, Kwek AB, Orkoonsawat P, Rerknimitr R, Fock KM. A two-center comparative study of plastic and lumen-apposing large diameter self-expandable metallic stents in endoscopic ultrasound-guided drainage of pancreatic fluid collections. Endosc Ultrasound. 2016 Sep-Oct;5(5):320-327.
15. Song M, Ang TL. EUS-guided insertion of self-expandable metal stent and direct endoscopic necrosectomy in the management of infected walled-off pancreatic necrosis. VideoGIE 2016; 1(10): 8-9.
16. Li JW, Ang TL. Is endoscopic necrosectomy the way to go? Gastrointest. Interv. 2016; 5(3): 193-198.
17. Ang D, How CH, Ang TL. Persistent gastro-oesophageal reflux symptoms despite proton pump inhibitor therapy. Singapore Med J. 2016 Oct;57(10):546-551.
18. Ang TL, Kwek AB, Song M, Li JW, Thurairajah PH. Comparative study of strategies for preventing post-ERCP pancreatitis after early precut sphincterotomy for biliary access. J Dig Dis. 2016 Oct;17(10):692-696.
19. Yao K, Uedo N, Muto M, Ishikawa H, Cardona HJ, Filho ECC, Pittayanon R, Olano C, Yao F, Parra-Blanco A, Ho SH, Avendano AG, Piscoya A, Fedorov E, Bialek AP, Mitrakov A, Caro L, Gonen C, Dolwani S, Farca A, Cuaresma LF, Bonilla JJ, Kasetsermwiriya W, Ragunath K, Kim SE, Marini M, Li H, Cimmino DG, Piskorz MM, Iacopini F, So JB, Yamazaki K, Kim GH, Ang TL, Milhomem-Cardoso DM, Waldbaum CA, Carvajal WAP, Hayward CM, Singh R, Banerjee R, Anagnostopoulos GK, Takahashi Y. Development of an E-learning System for the Endoscopic Diagnosis of Early Gastric Cancer: An International Multicenter Randomized Controlled Trial. EBioMedicine. 2016 Jul;9:140-147.
20. Fock KM, Talley N, Goh KL, Sugano K, Katelaris P, Holtmann G, Pandolfino JE, Sharma P, Ang TL, Hongo M, Wu J, Chen M, Choi MG, Law NM, Sheu BS, Zhang J, Ho KY, Sollano J, Rani AA, Kositchaiwat C, Bhatia S. Asia-Pacific consensus on the management of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease: an update focusing on refractory reflux disease and Barrett's oesophagus. Gut. 2016 Sep;65(9):1402-15.
21. Isayama H, Nakai Y, Rerknimitr R, Khor C, Lau J, Wang HP, Seo DW, Ratanachu-Ek T, Lakhtakia S, Ang TL, Ryozawa S, Hayashi T, Kawakami H, Yamamoto N, Iwashita T, Itokawa F, Kuwatani M, Kitano M, Hanada K, Kogure H, Hamada T, Ponnudurai R, Moon JH, Itoi T, Yasuda I, Irisawa A, Maetani I. Asian consensus statements on endoscopic management of walled-off necrosis Part 1: Epidemiology, diagnosis, and treatment. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2016 Sep;31(9):1546-54.
22. Isayama H, Nakai Y, Rerknimitr R, Khor C, Lau J, Wang HP, Seo DW, Ratanachu-Ek T, Lakhtakia S, Ang TL, Ryozawa S, Hayashi T, Kawakami H, Yamamoto N, Iwashita T, Itokawa F, Kuwatani M, Kitano M, Hanada K, Kogure H, Hamada T, Ponnudurai R, Moon JH, Itoi T, Yasuda I, Irisawa A, Maetani I. Asian consensus statements on endoscopic management of walled-off necrosis. Part 2: Endoscopic management. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2016 Sep;31(9):1555-65.
23. Ang TL, Kwek AB, Poh WT. An unusual case of recurrent hepatocellular carcinoma presenting as an indeterminate right intrahepatic duct stricture. Endoscopy. 2016;48 Suppl 1:E121-2.
24. Ang TL, Fock KM, Ang D, Kwek AB, Teo EK, Dhamodaran S. The Changing Profile of Helicobacter pylori Antibiotic Resistance in Singapore: A 15-Year Study. Helicobacter. 2016 Aug;21(4):261-5.
25. Ang TL, Fock KM, Tan MT, Assam PN, Chan ES. Impact of Asia-Pacific guidelines on gastric cancer and Helicobacter pylori infection on prevailing clinical practices. J Dig Dis. 2016 Feb;17(2):122-7.
26. Li JW, Tan MT, Ang TL, Teo EK. Chemoprevention trials of GI cancers in Asia. Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol. 2015 Dec;29(6):967-78.
27. Ang TL, Seewald S. Fully covered self-expandable metal stents: The "be all and end all" for pancreatic fluid collections? Gastrointest Endosc. 2015 Dec;82(6):1047-50.
28. Ang TL, Pittayanon R, Lau JY, Rerknimitr R, Ho SH, Singh R, Kwek AB, Ang DS, Chiu PW, Luk S, Goh KL, Ong JP, Tan JY, Teo EK, Fock KM. A multicenter randomized comparison between high-definition white light endoscopy and narrow band imaging for detection of gastric lesions. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2015 Dec;27(12):1473-8.
29. Ang TL, Kwek AB, Seo DW, Paik WH, Cheng TY, Wang HP, Lau J. A prospective randomized study of the difference in diagnostic yield between endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration (EUSFNA) needles with and without a side port in pancreatic masses. Endosc Int Open. 2015 Aug;3(4):E329-33.
30. Ang TL, Almadi MA. Selecting the optimum first-line treatment for H. pylori eradication. Saudi J Gastroenterol. 2015 Jul-Aug;21(4):183-4.
31. Ang D, Fock KM, Law NM, Ang TL. Current status of functional gastrointestinal evaluation in clinical practice. Singapore Med J. 2015 Mar;56(3):179.
32. Ang D, Fock KM, Law NM, Ang TL. Current status of functional gastrointestinal evaluation in clinical practice. Singapore Med J. 2015 Feb;56(2):69-79; quiz 80. Review. Erratum in: Singapore Med J. 2015 Mar;56(3):179.
33. Ang TL, Fock KM, Song M, Ang D, Kwek AB, Ong J, Tan J, Teo EK, Dhamodaran S. Ten-day triple therapy versus sequential therapy versus concomitant therapy as first-line treatment for Helicobacter pylori infection. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2015 Jul;30(7):1134-9.
34. Ang TL, Fock KM. Clinical epidemiology of gastric cancer. Singapore Med J. 2014 Dec;55(12):621-8.
35. Kwek AB, Ang TL, Maydeo A. Current status of endotherapy for chronic pancreatitis. Singapore Med J. 2014 Dec;55(12):613-20.
36. Ang TL, Eu Kwek AB, Fock KM, Teo EK. Endoscopic ultrasound-guided insertion of a large diameter fully covered self-expandable metallic stent as rescue therapy for recurrent infected walled off pancreatic necrosis after surgical necrosectomy. Endosc Ultrasound. 2014 Oct;3(4):245-8.
37. Toyoizumi H, Imazu H, Ikeda K, Mori N, Kanazawa K, Chiba M, Ang TL, Tajiri H. A novel second-generation multibending backward-oblique viewing duodenoscope in ERCP. Minim Invasive Ther Allied Technol. 2015 Apr;24(2):101-7.
38. Kwek BE, Ang TL, Seo DW, Imazu H. Contrast-enhanced harmonic endoscopic ultrasonography of solid pancreatic lesions. Endosc Ultrasound. 2013 Jul;2(3):142-7.
39. Imazu H, Mori N, Kanazawa K, Chiba M, Toyoizumi H, Torisu Y, Koyama S, Hino S, Ang TL, Tajiri H. Contrast-enhanced harmonic endoscopic ultrasonography in the differential diagnosis of gallbladder wall thickening. Dig Dis Sci. 2014 Aug;59(8):1909-16.
40. Ang TL, Seewald S. Endoluminal resection and tissue acquisition. Curr Treat Options Gastroenterol. 2014 Jun;12(2):140-53.
41. Song M, Ang TL. Second and third line treatment options for Helicobacter pylori eradication. World J Gastroenterol. 2014 Feb 14;20(6):1517-28.
42. Kyaw M, Tse Y, Ang D, Ang TL, Lau J. Embolization versus surgery for peptic ulcer bleeding after failed endoscopic hemostasis: a meta-analysis. Endosc Int Open. 2014 Mar;2(1):E6-E14.
43. Dobashi A, Imazu H, Tatsumi N, Okabe M, Ang TL, Tajiri H. Quantitative analysis of VEGF-C mRNA of extrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma with real-time PCR using samples obtained during endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2013 Jul;48(7):848-55.
44. Ang TL, Kwek ABE. Advanced Imaging for Characterization of Intestinal Metaplasia. Video Journal and Encyclopedia of GI Endoscopy 2013; 1(1): 110-111.
45. Ang TL, Seewald S, Soehendra N. Endotherapy of Gastric Fundal Varices: Intravariceal Injection of N-Butyl-2-Cyanoacrylate. Video Journal and Encyclopedia of GI Endoscopy 2013; 1(1) 157-159.
46. Kwek BE, Ang TL, Teo EK, Fock KM. Making ERCP training safe: A protocol-based strategy to minimize complications during selective biliary cannulation. J Interv Gastroenterol. 2012 Apr;2(2):66-69.
47. Ang TL, Kwek AB, Tan SS, Ibrahim S, Fock KM, Teo EK. Direct endoscopic necrosectomy: a minimally invasive endoscopic technique for the treatment of infected walled-off pancreatic necrosis and infected pseudocysts with solid debris. Singapore Med J. 2013 Apr;54(4):206-11.
48. Kongkam P, Ang TL, Vu CK, Dy FT, Yasuda K, Rerknimitr R, Varadarajulu S, Dhir V, Chong VH, Zhen DJ, Wong JY, Ho KY; Asian Consortium of EUS. Current status on the diagnosis and evaluation of pancreatic tumor in Asia with particular emphasis on the role of endoscopic ultrasound. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2013 Jun;28(6):924-30.
49. Omar S, Bhutani MS, Yasuda K, Ang TL. Endoscopic ultrasound. Gastroenterol Res Pract. 2013;2013:508082.
50. Lim LG, Lakhtakia S, Ang TL, Vu CK, Dy F, Chong VH, Khor CJ, Lim WC, Doshi BK, Varadarajulu S, Yasuda K, Wong JY, Chan YH, Nga ME, Ho KY; Asian EUS Consortium. Factors determining diagnostic yield of endoscopic ultrasound guided fine-needle aspiration for pancreatic cystic lesions: a multicentre Asian study. Dig Dis Sci. 2013 Jun;58(6):1751-7.
51. Ang D, Xu Y, Ang TL, Law NM, Poh CH, Teo EK, Fock KM. Wireless oesophageal pH monitoring: establishing values in a multiracial cohort of asymptomatic Asian subjects. Dig Liver Dis. 2013 May;45(5):371-6.
52. Ang TL, Wang L, Ang D, Chiam P, Fock KM, Teo EK. Is there still a role for empiric first-line triple therapy using proton pump inhibitor, amoxicillin and clarithromycin for Helicobacter pylori infection in Singapore? Results of a time trend analysis. J Dig Dis. 2013 Feb;14(2):100-4.
53. Ang TL. Current Status of Direct Endoscopic Necrosectomy. Proceedings of Singapore Healthcare 2012; 21 (3): 179-186.
54. Ang TL, Fock KM. Screening colonoscopy for average risk individuals in Singapore. Intest Res 2012; 10(3): 1-10.
55. Kanazawa K, Imazu H, Mori N, Ikeda K, Kakutani H, Sumiyama K, Hino S, Ang TL, Omar S, Tajiri H. A comparison of electronic radial and curvilinear endoscopic ultrasonography in the detection of pancreatic malignant tumor. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2012 Nov;47(11):1313-20.
56. Song M, Kwek BE, Ang TL. Acute cholangitis secondary to a recently migrated cystic duct clip, 15 years after cholecystectomy. Endoscopy. 2012;44 Suppl 2 UCTN:E294-5.
57. Mori N, Imazu H, Futagawa Y, Kanazawa K, Kakutani H, Sumiyama K, Ang TL, Omar S, Tajiri H. EUS-guided rendezvous drainage for pancreatic duct obstruction from stenosis of pancreatojejunal anastomosis after pancreatoduodenostomy. Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech. 2012 Aug;22(4):e236-8.
58. Ang D, Teo EK, Tan A, Ibrahim S, Tan PS, Ang TL, Fock KM. A comparison of surgery versus transcatheter angiographic embolization in the treatment of nonvariceal upper gastrointestinal bleeding uncontrolled by endoscopy. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2012 Aug;24(8):929-38.
59. Ang TL, Teo EK, Ang D, Kwek AB, Fock KM. A pilot study of contrast harmonic endosonography using DEFINITY™ in the evaluation of suspected pancreatic and peri-ampullary malignancies. J Interv Gastroenterol. 2011 Oct;1(4):160-165.
60. Miwa H, Ghoshal UC, Gonlachanvit S, Gwee KA, Ang TL, Chang FY, Fock KM, Hongo M, Hou X, Kachintorn U, Ke M, Lai KH, Lee KJ, Lu CL, Mahadeva S, Miura S, Park H, Rhee PL, Sugano K, Vilaichone RK, Wong BC, Bak YT. Asian consensus report on functional dyspepsia. J Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2012 Apr;18(2):150-68.
61. Imazu H, Kanazawa K, Mori N, Ikeda K, Kakutani H, Sumiyama K, Hino S, Ang TL, Omar S, Tajiri H. Novel quantitative perfusion analysis with contrast-enhanced harmonic EUS for differentiation of autoimmune pancreatitis from pancreatic carcinoma. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2012 Jul;47(7):853-60.
62. Seewald S, Ang TL, Richter H, Teng KY, Zhong Y, Groth S, Omar S, Soehendra N. Long-term results after endoscopic drainage and necrosectomy of symptomatic pancreatic fluid collections. Dig Endosc. 2012 Jan;24(1):36-41.
63. Ang TL, Fock KM, Teo EK, Tan J, Poh CH, Ong J, Ang D. The diagnostic utility of narrow band imaging magnifying endoscopy in clinical practice in a population with intermediate gastric cancer risk. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2012 Apr;24(4):362-7.
64. Miwa H, Ghoshal UC, Fock KM, Gonlachanvit S, Gwee KA, Ang TL, Chang FY, Hongo M, Hou X, Kachintorn U, Ke M, Lai KH, Lee KJ, Lu CL, Mahadeva S, Miura S, Park H, Rhee PL, Sugano K, Vilaichone RK, Wong BC, Bak YT. Asian consensus report on functional dyspepsia. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2012 Apr;27(4):626-41.
65. Imazu H, Ikeda K, Kakutani H, Sumiyama K, Kawamura M, Kanazawa K, Hino S, Ang TL, Omar S, Tajiri H. A pilot study of the novel offset-tip papillotome for selective biliary cannulation in ERCP. Minim Invasive Ther Allied Technol. 2012 Sep;21(5):335-41.
66. Imazu H, Kanazawa K, Ikeda K, Kakutani H, Sumiyama K, Ang TL, Omar S, Tajiri H. Initial evaluation of a novel multibending backward-oblique viewing duodenoscope in endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography. Endoscopy. 2012 Jan;44(1):99-102.
67. Ang D, Ang TL, Teo EK, Hsu PP, Tee A, Poh CH, Tan J, Ong J, Fock KM. Is impedance pH monitoring superior to the conventional 24-h pH meter in the evaluation of patients with laryngorespiratory symptoms suspected to be due to gastroesophageal reflux disease? J Dig Dis. 2011 Oct;12(5):341-8.
68. Fock KM, Ang TL. Helicobacter pylori infection in Singapore. Journal of Helicobacter Research 2011; 15 (3): 243-249.
69. Ang TL, Cheng J, Khor JL, Mesenas SJ, Vu KF, Wong WK; Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP). Guideline on training and credentialing in endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography. Singapore Med J. 2011 Sep;52(9):654-7.
70. Kwek BE, Ang TL, Fock KM, Teo EK. Synchronous multifocal early gastric cancers and rectal adenocarcinoma: lesson learnt from image-enhanced endoscopy. J Dig Dis. 2011 Jun;12(3):226-8.
71. Itoi T, Ang TL, Seewald S, Tsuji S, Kurihara T, Tanaka R, Itokawa F. Endoscopic ultrasonography-guided drainage for tuberculous liver abscess drainage. Dig Endosc. 2011 May;23 Suppl 1:158-61.
72. Fock KM, Ang TL. Global epidemiology of Barrett's esophagus. Expert Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2011 Feb;5(1):123-30.
73. Ang TL. Current status of endosonography-guided biliary drainage. Singapore Med J. 2010 Oct;51(10):762-6.
74. Ang TL, Kwek AB, Lim KB, Teo EK, Fock KM. An analysis of the efficacy and safety of a strategy of early precut for biliary access during difficult endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography in a general hospital. J Dig Dis. 2010 Oct;11(5):306-12.
75. Ang TL, Fock KM. Endoscopic management of intraabdominal and pelvic collections. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2010 Aug;25(8):1339-41.
76. Mesenas S, Ang TL, Khor C, Vu C. Guidelines for endoscopic ultrasonography. Ann Acad Med Singapore. 2010 Jun;39(6):489-92.
77. Fock KM, Ang TL. Epidemiology of Helicobacter pylori infection and gastric cancer in Asia. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2010 Mar;25(3):479-86.
78. Ang TL. The Role of Endoscopy in the Management of Cystic Pancreatic Lesions. Proceedings of Singapore Healthcare 2010; 19(1): 19 - 25.
79. Ang TL, Khor CJ, Gotoda T. Diagnosis and endoscopic resection of early gastric cancer. Singapore Med J. 2010 Feb;51(2):93-100.
80. Imazu H, Uchiyama Y, Matsunaga K, Ikeda K, Kakutani H, Sasaki Y, Sumiyama K, Ang TL, Omar S, Tajiri H. Contrast-enhanced harmonic EUS with novel ultrasonographic contrast (Sonazoid) in the preoperative T-staging for pancreaticobiliary malignancies. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2010 Jun;45(6):732-8.
81. Ang D, Teo EK, Ang TL, Ong J, Poh CH, Tan J, Fock KM. To Bravo or not? A comparison of wireless esophageal pH monitoring and conventional pH catheter to evaluate non-erosive gastroesophageal reflux disease in a multiracial Asian cohort. J Dig Dis. 2010 Feb;11(1):19-27.
82. Imazu H, Uchiyama Y, Kakutani H, Ikeda K, Sumiyama K, Kaise M, Omar S, Ang TL, Tajiri H. A prospective comparison of EUS-guided FNA using 25-gauge and 22-gauge needles. Gastroenterol Res Pract. 2009;2009:546390.
83. Ang D, Teo EK, Ang TL, Lim KH, Madhukumar P, Chung AY, Wang Y, Fock KM. Unexplained small-bowel obstruction in a patient with presumptive achalasia: need for early recognition of chronic intestinal pseudo-obstruction (CIPO). Dig Dis Sci. 2010 Sep;55(9):2691-2.
84. Tan PS, Teo EK, Fock KM, Ang TL, Tan JY, Tan AG. Massive obscure-overt upper gastrointestinal bleeding secondary to hemobilia. Endoscopy. 2009;41 Suppl 2:E294-5.
85. Fock KM, Katelaris P, Sugano K, Ang TL, Hunt R, Talley NJ, Lam SK, Xiao SD, Tan HJ, Wu CY, Jung HC, Hoang BH, Kachintorn U, Goh KL, Chiba T, Rani AA; Second Asia-Pacific Conference. Second Asia-Pacific Consensus Guidelines for Helicobacter pylori infection. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2009 Oct;24(10):1587-600.
86. Bestari MB, Ang TL, Abdurachman SA. Endoscopic ultrasound in the diagnosis of occult pancreatic head cancer. Acta Med Indones. 2009 Jul;41(3):144-7.
87. Seewald S, Ang TL, Teng KC, Soehendra N. EUS-guided drainage of pancreatic pseudocysts, abscesses and infected necrosis. Dig Endosc. 2009 Jul;21 Suppl 1:S61-5.
88. Ang TL, Teo EK, Fock KM. Endoscopic drainage and endoscopic necrosectomy in the management of symptomatic pancreatic collections. J Dig Dis. 2009 Aug;10(3):213-24.
89. Imazu H, Sumiyama K, Ikeda K, Uchiyama Y, Aihara H, Kakutani H, Kaise M, Ang TL, Omar S, Tajiri H. A pilot study of EUS-guided hot saline injection for induction of pancreatic tissue necrosis. Endoscopy. 2009 Jul;41(7):598-602.
90. Ang TL. A case of perforated pancreatic pseudocyst complicated by acute myocardial infarction successfully treated by EUS-guided transgastric drainage. JOP. 2009 May 18;10(3):324-7.
91. Ang TL, Teo EK, Fock KM, Lyn Tan JY. Are there roles for intraductal US and saline solution irrigation in ensuring complete clearance of common bile duct stones? Gastrointest Endosc. 2009 Jun;69(7):1276-81.
92. Seewald S, Ang TL, Soehendra N. Basic technique of handling the linear echoendoscope and how it differs from the radial echoendoscope. Gastrointest Endosc. 2009 Feb;69(2 Suppl):S78-80.
93. Seewald S, Ang TL, Soehendra N. Advanced techniques for drainage of peripancreatic fluid collections. Gastrointest Endosc. 2009 Feb;69(2 Suppl):S182-5.
94. Seewald S, Ang TL, Kida M, Teng KY, Soehendra N; EUS 2008 Working Group. EUS 2008 Working Group document: evaluation of EUS-guided drainage of pancreatic-fluid collections (with video). Gastrointest Endosc. 2009 Feb;69(2 Suppl):S13-21.
95. Ang TL, Seewald S, Teo EK, Fock KM, Soehendra N. EUS-guided drainage of ruptured liver abscess. Endoscopy. 2009;41 Suppl 2:E21-2.
96. Seewald S, Ang TL, Teng KY, Groth S, Zhong Y, Richter H, Imazu H, Omar S, Polese L, Seitz U, Bertschinger P, Altorfer J, Soehendra N. Endoscopic ultrasound-guided drainage of abdominal abscesses and infected necrosis. Endoscopy. 2009 Feb;41(2):166-74.
97. Ang TL, Fock KM. Intraductal ultrasound in biliary disorders. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2008 Oct;23(10):1468-70.
98. Seewald S, Ang TL, Gotoda T, Soehendra N. Total endoscopic resection of Barrett esophagus. Endoscopy. 2008 Dec;40(12):1016-20.
99. Ang TL. Endoscopic ultrasound: moving from diagnostics to therapeutics. J Dig Dis. 2008 Aug;9(3):117-28.
100. Fock KM, Teo EK, Ang TL, Tan JY, Law NM. The utility of narrow band imaging in improving the endoscopic diagnosis of gastroesophageal reflux disease. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2009 Jan;7(1):54-9.
101. Fock KM, Ang TL. Dexlansoprazole, a modified release formulation of an enantiomer of lansoprazole, for the treatment of reflux esophagitis. Curr Opin Investig Drugs. 2008 Oct;9(10):1108-15.
102. Seewald S, Ang TL, Imazu H, Naga M, Omar S, Groth S, Seitz U, Zhong Y, Thonke F, Soehendra N. A standardized injection technique and regimen ensures success and safety of N-butyl-2-cyanoacrylate injection for the treatment of gastric fundal varices (with videos). Gastrointest Endosc. 2008 Sep;68(3):447-54.
103. Weber C, Kuhlencordt R, Grotelueschen R, Wedegaertner U, Ang TL, Adam G, Soehendra N, Seitz U. Magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography in the diagnosis of primary sclerosing cholangitis. Endoscopy. 2008 Sep;40(9):739-45.
104. Seewald S, Ang TL, Groth S, Zhong Y, Bertschinger P, Altorfer J, Thonke F, Soehendra N. Detection and endoscopic therapy of early esophageal adenocarcinoma. Curr Opin Gastroenterol. 2008 Jul;24(4):521-9.
105. Fock KM, Talley N, Moayyedi P, Hunt R, Azuma T, Sugano K, Xiao SD, Lam SK, Goh KL, Chiba T, Uemura N, Kim JG, Kim N, Ang TL, Mahachai V, Mitchell H, Rani AA, Liou JM, Vilaichone RK, Sollano J; Asia-Pacific Gastric Cancer Consensus Conference. Asia-Pacific consensus guidelines on gastric cancer prevention. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2008 Mar;23(3):351-65.
106. Ang TL, Teo EK, Fock KM. EUS-guided drainage of infected pancreatic pseudocyst: use of a 10F Soehendra dilator to facilitate a double-wire technique for initial transgastric access (with videos). Gastrointest Endosc. 2008 Jul;68(1):192-4.
107. Fock KM, Talley NJ, Fass R, Goh KL, Katelaris P, Hunt R, Hongo M, Ang TL, Holtmann G, Nandurkar S, Lin SR, Wong BC, Chan FK, Rani AA, Bak YT, Sollano J, Ho KY, Manatsathit S. Asia-Pacific consensus on the management of gastroesophageal reflux disease: update. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2008 Jan;23(1):8-22.
108. Fock KM, Ang TL, Bee LC, Lee EJ. Proton pump inhibitors: do differences in pharmacokinetics translate into differences in clinical outcomes? Clin Pharmacokinet. 2008;47(1):1-6.
109. Ang TL, Chua TS, Fock KM, Tee AK, Teo EK, Mancer K. EUS-FNA of the left adrenal gland is safe and useful. Ann Acad Med Singapore. 2007 Nov;36(11):954-7.
110. Ang TL, Lim K, Kwek A, Teo EK, Fock KM. A rare case of upper GI bleeding: esophageal rupture associated with thoracic aortic aneurysm. Gastrointest Endosc. 2008 Jan;67(1):151-2.
111. Seewald S, Ang TL, Soehendra N. Radial EUS: the clinical impact of T staging. Minerva Med. 2007 Aug;98(4):305-11.
112. Ang TL, Teo EK, Fock KM. Endosonography- vs. endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography-based strategies in the evaluation of suspected common bile duct stones in patients with normal transabdominal imaging. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2007 Oct 15;26(8):1163-70.
113. Ang TL, Teo EK, Fock KM. EUS-guided transduodenal biliary drainage in unresectable pancreatic cancer with obstructive jaundice. JOP. 2007 Jul 9;8(4):438-43.
114. Seewald S, Ang TL, Soehendra N. Endoscopic mucosal resection of Barrett's oesophagus containing dysplasia or intramucosal cancer. Postgrad Med J. 2007 Jun;83(980):367-72.
115. Ang TL, Ng VW, Fock KM, Teo EK, Chong CK. Diagnosis of a metastatic phyllodes tumor of the pancreas using EUS-FNA. JOP. 2007 Jan 9;8(1):35-8.
116. Ang TL, Tee AK, Fock KM, Teo EK, Chua TS. Endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration in the evaluation of suspected lung cancer. Respir Med. 2007 Jun;101(6):1299-304.
117. Seewald S, Ang TL, Omar S, Groth S, Dy F, Zhong Y, Seitz U, Thonke F, Yekebas E, Izbicki J, Soehendra N. Endoscopic mucosal resection of early esophageal squamous cell cancer using the Duette mucosectomy kit. Endoscopy. 2006 Oct;38(10):1029-31.
118. Seewald S, Thonke F, Ang TL, Omar S, Seitz U, Groth S, Zhong Y, Yekebas E, Izbicki J, Soehendra N. One-step, simultaneous double-wire technique facilitates pancreatic pseudocyst and abscess drainage (with videos). Gastrointest Endosc. 2006 Nov;64(5):805-8.
119. Ang TL, Ng TM, Fock KM, Teo EK. Accuracy of endoscopic ultrasound staging of gastric cancer in routine clinical practice in Singapore. Chin J Dig Dis. 2006;7(4):191-6.
120. Ang TL, Fock KM, Teo EK, Chua TS, Tan J. An audit of the outcome of long-term biliary stenting in the treatment of common bile duct stones in a general hospital. J Gastroenterol. 2006 Aug;41(8):765-71.
121. Ang TL, Fock KM, Teo EK, Chan YH, Ng TM, Chua TS, Tan JY. Helicobacter pylori eradication versus prokinetics in the treatment of functional dyspepsia: a randomized, double-blind study. J Gastroenterol. 2006 Jul;41(7):647-53.
122. Groth S, Seewald S, Ang TL, Omar S, de Weerth A, Thonke F, Soehendra N. Postendoscopic sphincterotomy hemobezoar. Gastrointest Endosc 2006; 63(4): 715.
123. Ang TL, Fock KM. Nocturnal acid breakthrough - clinical significance and management. J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2006; 21(Suppl 5): S125-128.
124. Ang TL, Fock KM, Dhamodaran S, Teo EK, Tan J. Racial differences in Helicobacter pylori, serum pepsinogen and gastric cancer incidence in an urban Asian population. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2005 Oct;20(10):1603-9.
125. Ang TL, Fock KM, Ng TM, Teo EK, Chua TS, Tan J. A comparison of the clinical, demographic and psychiatric profiles among patients with erosive and non-erosive reflux disease in a multi-ethnic Asian country. World J Gastroenterol. 2005 Jun 21;11(23):3558-61.
126. Fock KM, Teo EK, Ang TL, Chua TS, Ng TM, Tan YL. Rabeprazole vs esomeprazole in non-erosive gastro-esophageal reflux disease: a randomized, double-blind study in urban Asia. World J Gastroenterol. 2005 May 28;11(20):3091-8.
127. Chua TS, Fock KM, Ng TM, Teo EK, Tan JY, Ang TL. Epinephrine injection therapy versus a combination of epinephrine injection and endoscopic hemoclip in the treatment of bleeding ulcers. World J Gastroenterol. 2005 Feb 21;11(7):1044-7.
128. Ang TL, Fock KM, Ng TM, Teo EK, Tan YL. Clinical utility, safety and tolerability of capsule endoscopy in urban Southeast Asian population. World J Gastroenterol. 2003 Oct;9(10):2313-6.
129. Ang TL, Fock KM, Ng TM, Teo EK, Chua TS, Tan YL. Efficacy of quadruple therapy for Helicobacter pylori eradication after failure of proton pump inhibitor based triple therapy in Singapore. Chinese J Dig Dis 2003; 4(1): 35-39.
130. Ang TL, Fock KM, Ng TM, Teo EK, Chua TS, Tan JY. Clinical profile of primary sclerosing cholangitis in Singapore. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2002 Aug;17(8):908-13.
131. Chia BL, Tan HC, Yip JW, Ang TL. Electrocardiographic patterns in posterior chest leads (V7, V8, V9) in normal subjects. Am J Cardiol. 2000 Apr 1;85(7):911-2.
• Book Chapters
1. Ang TL, Ang D, Ngu J. Colonic decompression. Diagnostic and Therapeutic Procedures in Gastroenterology. Humana Press/ Springer (in press).
2. Ang TL, Seewald S. Endoscopic Necrosectomy. Advanced Therapeutic Endoscopy for Pancreatico-Biliary Diseases. Springer JP (in press).
3. Ang TL, Seewald S. Pancreatic Fluid Collection Drainage. In: Frank Gress, Thomas Savides Ed. Endoscopic Ultrasonography, Third edition, February 2016, Wiley-Blackwell.
4. Ang TL, Seewald S. Role of ERCP in complications of acute pancreatitis. In: Jorg Albert, Lars Aabakken, Marc Barthet, Olivier Le Moine, Stefan Seewald Ed. Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) – Current and Future Perspectives 1st Edition. UNI-MED (2015).
5. Seewald S, Ang TL, Varadarajulu S, Paul Fockens P. EUS guided drainage of pancreatic pseudocysts. In: Robert Hawes, Shyam Varadarajulu, Paul Fockens Ed. Endosonography 3rd Edition; Elsevier Ltd (2014).
6. Ang TL, Seewald S, Soehendra N. Stent retrieval – migrated and non-migrated. In: Todd Baron, Richard Kozarek, David L Carr-Locke Ed. A Practical Guide to ERCP; Elsevier Ltd (2007)
7. Soehendra N, Ang TL, Seewald S, Zhong Y. Pancreas Divisum – Diagnosis and Endoscopic Management. In: Hans G Berger, Selko Matsuo, John L Cameron Ed. Diseases of Pancreas – Current Surgical Therapy; Springer Verlag (2007).
8. Fock KM, Ang TL. Chapter 10: Irritable bowel syndrome. In: Richard Guan Ed. Common Gastroenterology Problems – a Singapore and Malaysian perspective. (2006)
9. Fock KM, Ang TL. Gastrointestinal tuberculosis vs Crohn´s disease: Falk Symposium 151, 2006.
Subscribe to our mailing list to get the updates to your inbox