Throat - Objects
Your Child Has Swallowed A Foreign Body
Most foreign bodies will pass down the intestines without much difficulty.
Consult your doctor when the following occurs:
- Ingestion of disc/button battery
- Ingestion of sharp pointed objects
- Difficulty in swallowing saliva and food, or refusal to take food/feeds
- Drooling of saliva
- If there is throat pain and it lasts more than 24 hours
- Chest pain
- Abdominal pain
- Vomiting, especially if there is blood
Always keep your ENT appointment.