SingHealth Duke-NUS Breast Centre
The SingHealth Duke-NUS Breast Centre is the largest centre in Singapore treating the full spectrum of breast conditions. The Centre serves its patients at 5 key SingHealth institutions, namely, National Cancer Centre Singapore, Singapore General Hospital, Changi General Hospital, Sengkang Health and KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital. Annually, the Centre handles about 25,000 outpatient visits and manages over 1,000 breast cancers patients.
We offer state of the art treatment options using the latest surgical techniques and cutting edge equipment, including oncoplastic breast surgery, sentinel node biopsy and intraoperative radiotherapy.
Treatment is individualised for each patient, and at the SingHealth Duke-NUS Breast Centre, every case of breast cancer is discussed at a weekly multidisciplinary conference to ensure the best treatment options are recommended.
Patients have full access to warm, supportive care from the team of experts focused on breast cancer throughout their duration of treatment; working together in unison to achieve seamless and best outcome for patients.
Our dedicated breast surgeons work closely in a multidisciplinary team to provide a full range of integrated services for the assessment and management of benign and malignant breast conditions in a caring and friendly environment.
Breast cancer treatment is individualised for each patient, and every case of breast cancer is discussed at a weekly breast tumour board to ensure the best treatment options are recommended. The personal treatment team for each breast cancer patient includes a radiologist, pathologist, medical and radiation oncologist, surgeons and specially trained support staff.
Our services with our partners include:
- Expert clinical assessment
- Radiological evaluation (digital mammography, 3D-breast tomosynthesis, ultrasonography, computed tomography and MRI)
- Minimally invasive breast biopsy (Stereotactic, ultrasound or MRI guided) core biopsy and vacuum assisted breast biopsy (VAB)
- Wire and radiocolloid (ROLL) localisation of occult lesions for surgical biopsy
- Breast cancer surgery: all forms of mastectomies and breast conserving surgery (BCS)
- Oncoplastic and reconstructive breast surgery
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy and axillary clearance
- Intraoperative radiotherapy (IORT) for breast conserving surgery (only available in NCCS)
- Specialist breast care nurse support for peri-operative and post-operative care
- Post-operative physiotherapy and lymphoedema care
- Multidisciplinary care: Breast tumour board and radio-pathological meeting
- Pre-operative (neoadjuvant) therapy programme
- Genetic counselling and testing, fertility counselling and preservation to young and/or high risk patients.
Our Care Team
- Dr Veronique Tan, Head and Senior Consultant
- Dr Lim Swee Ho, Senior Consultant
- Dr Tan Su Ming, Senior Consultant
- Dr Benita Tan, Senior Consultant
- Dr Wong Chow Yin, Senior Consultant
- Dr Yong Wei Sean, Senior Consultant
- Dr Preetha Madhukumar, Senior Consultant
- Dr Lim Geok Hoon, Consultant
- Dr Sim Yirong, Consultant
- Dr Lee Wai Peng, Consultant
- Dr Tan Yia Swam, Consultant
- Dr Tan Qing Ting, Consultant
- Dr Yan Zhiyan, Consultant
- Dr Lim Sue Zann, Associate Consultant
- Dr Jinnie Pang, Associate Consultant
- Dr Mok Chi Wei, Associate Consultant
- Dr Ngaserin Sabrina Ng Hui Na, Associate Consultant
To make an appointment at SingHealth Duke-NUS Breast Centre, please call 6436 8088 (National Cancer Centre Singapore), 6321 4377 (Singapore General Hospital), 6850 3333 (Changi General Hospital), 6472 2000 (Sengkang Health) or 6294 4050 (KK Women's and Children's Hospital).