||At the SingHealth Duke-NUS Academic Medical Centre, we advance medical knowledge and embrace life-long learning for one purpose – to improve our patients’ lives.
We constantly upgrade our professional knowledge to sharpen our edge in providing excellent patient care. We teach and develop the next generation of healthcare professionals so that they can deliver even better care tomorrow.
Together with Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School, we are committed to enhancing healthcare education in Singapore and raising standards of our community of educators.
SingHealth Group Education
Headed by Prof Lim Shih Hui, SingHealth’s Group Director of Education, the Group Education Office aims to develop the strategic education goals to guide us towards achieving our vision to be the education provider of choice for healthcare professionals, residents and medical students while providing educational support for the Academic Clinical Programmes (ACPs).
- Utilising SingHealth’s unique strength in breadth and depth of specialties and subspecialties to attract and retain talent
- Nurturing and grooming passionate educators
- Establishing effective and efficient training systems and structures
- Nurturing and building a pipeline of competent and engaged residents and medical students
Based on these strategic goals, SingHealth Group Education advances medical education by developing a vibrant community of educators and learners.
We manage the following key education domains:
- SingHealth Residency is committed to nurturing and developing our Residents into well-rounded clinicians. Learn from our 800-strong faculty who are passionate about sharing their love of Medicine to help you discover yours.
As the largest Sponsoring Institution for Residency Programmes in Singapore, you will enjoy comprehensive training from our wide case-mix and 42 specialties across SingHealth. As you choose the medical specialty– find your niche in patient care and contribute to transforming Medicine through opportunities in research or teaching.
- Supporting SingHealth’s efforts in Academic Medicine, SingHealth Academy focuses on professional development for healthcare professionals. Through education and learning, SingHealth Academy aims to empower healthcare professionals with professional development courses, education technology, publications and facilities support needed to advance clinical knowledge and expertise – in effort of providing high quality patient care at the frontiers of medicine.
- To nurture our educators and impart to them the necessary competencies in teaching and educational pedagogies, the Duke-NUS SingHealth Academic Medicine Education Institute (AM•EI) was launched in September 2012. A joint institute of Duke-NUS and SingHealth, AM•EI brings together educational expertise from as a community of excellent educators and leaders in education, committed to excellence in teaching and learning. Tailored to the needs of clinician educators of all levels, AM•EI offers faculty development programs to enhance teaching competencies for educators to raise teaching standards as they nurture healthcare professionals. In teaching well, we give our patients the best care.
- Undergraduate Medical Education
As the largest Academic Healthcare Cluster in Singapore, SingHealth's comprehensive range of medical expertise and broad patient volume, as well as our constant strive for innovation to improve patient care, make us ideal partners in your healthcare education.
Our institutions provide undergraduate medical training programmes to local medical students in their elective years to prepare them for SingHealth Residency. Singapore General Hospital (SGH) and KK Women's and Children's Hospital (KKH) are two of the main training institutions affiliated to the local medical schools, offering a challenging training environment and ample opportunities in various specialties.
For internship opportunities at SGH, please click here.
Our training and education partners are: