Dr Simon Ting Kang Seng
Singapore General Hospital
MBBS, MRCP (UK), FRCP (Edin), FAMS (Neurology)
Dr Simon Ting is a Consultant with the Dept of Neurology. He completed his HMDP fellowship in Behavioral Neurology and Dementia at University of California, Los Angeles, United States of America. He subspecializes in neurobehavioral syndromes and dementia.
- MBBS: Shanghai Medical University, PRO China (1994-1999)
- Certificate of Acupuncture and Moxibustion: Shanghai University of Chinese Traditional Medicine (1999)
- Consultant Neurologist - National Neuroscience Institute(SGH)
- Adjunct Assistant Professor - Duke-NUS Medical School
- Clinical Senior Lecturer - National University of Singapore
- ASEPA and ASNA EEG Certification Examination, 2009
- SingHealth HMDP Award 2011
- Ting SK, Hameed S, Prakash KM. Ganser Symptoms in a Chinese Speaking Corticobasal Syndrome (CBS) Patient. Ann Acad Med Singapore. 2014 Mar;43(3):197-9.
- Ting SK, Benzinger T, Kepe V, Fagan A, Coppola G, Porter V, Hecimovic S, Chakraverty S, Alvarez-Retuerto AI, Goate A, Ringman JM. A Novel PSEN1 Mutation (I238M) associated with Early-Onset Alzheimer's Disease in an African-American Woman. J Alzheimers Dis. 2014 Jan 7. [Epub ahead of print]
- Ting SK, Hameed S. “Lexical Alexia” in a Chinese Semantic Dementia Patient. The Journal of Neuropsychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences 2013;25:E37-E38.
- Ting SK, Hameed S, Tan EK, Gabriel C, Doshi K. Digit Span: a Comparison of Chinese versus Alphabetic Language Speakers in Dysexecutive Dementia Patients. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2014;85:117-118.
- Wan YM, Ting SK, Lo YL, Lee TS. Infection, the caudate, and movement disorder. Aust N Z J Psychiatry. 2013 Dec;47(12):1206-7.
- Ting SK, Chong MS, Kandiah N, Hameed S, Tan L, Au WL, Prakash KM, Pavanni R, Lee TS, Foo JN, Bei JX, Yu XQ, Liu JJ, Zhao Y, Lee WL, Tan EK. Absence of A673T amyloid-ß precursor protein variant in Alzheimer's disease and other neurological diseases. Neurobiol Aging. 2013 May 4
- Ting SK, Hameed S, Earnest A, Tan EK. Dissociative Semantic Breakdown in Alzheimer's Disease: Evidence from Multiple Category Fluency Test. Clinical Neurology and Neurosurgery. 2013;115:1049– 1051.
- Ting SK, Prakash KM. A rare cause of cerebellar ataxia syndrome: superficial siderosis of central nervous system. Acta Neurol Taiwan. 2011 Dec;20(4):257-61.
- Ting SK, Chan YM, Cheong PWT, Wong M, Fook-Chong S, Lo YL. Short duration repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation for tinnitus treatment: A prospective Asian study. Clinical Neurology and Neurosurgery. 2011 Sep;113(7):556-8.
- Ting SK, Lim TA, Lo YL. Rapidly Progressive Dementia in a 65-year-old Man. Proceedings of Singapore Healthcare. 2010;19(4):353-4.
- Prakash KM, Ting SK, Ahmad MT. Unusually increased arm swing in an apraxic upper limb in corticobasal syndrome. Parkinsonism Relat Disord. 2011 Feb;17(2):126-7.