Prof Chua Siang Jin Terrance
Department of Cardiology
Medical Director, Senior Consultant
MBBS, MMed (Int Med), FRCP (Lond), CBNC (USA), FACC (USA)
Prof Terrance Chua is Medical Director and a Senior Consultant with the Department of Cardiology at the National Heart Centre Singapore. He is also the Academic Chair of the Cardiovascular Academic Clinical Program and Deputy Group Director, Medical, at SingHealth. His subspecialty interest is in Nuclear Cardiology.
|Prof Chua graduated with his Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery in 1983 and his Master of Medicine (Internal Medicine) in 1987 from the National University of Singapore.|
Chairman, Board of Directors, Singapore Heart Foundation
Member, American Society of Nuclear Cardiology
Fellow, American College of Cardiology
Fellow, Academy of Medicine, Singapore
Fellow, Royal College of Physicians, London
Fellow, Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh
|Prof Chua has received numerous awards and he was conferred the National Outstanding Clinician Award at the National Medical Excellence Awards in 2013. The prestigious award recognises healthcare professionals who have demonstrated excellence in the fields of research, knowledge translation, clinical practice and healthcare delivery.|
Prof Chua has a keen interest in clinical research, specifically in the areas of cardiac imaging and coronary artery disease. An excerpt of his published works is as follows.
- Ng M, Wong AS, Chew HC, Shahidah N, Pek PP, Poh J, Chin CT, Chua TS, Ong ME. Pilot prospective study of therapeutic hypothermia for treatment of post-cardiac arrest patients. Int J Cardiol. 2014 May 15;173(3):612-3. doi: 10.1016/j.ijcard.2014.03.132. Epub 2014 Mar 21.
- de Carvalho LP, Gao F, Chen Q, Hartman M, Sim LL, Koh TH, Foo D, Chin CT, Ong HY, Tong KL, Tan HC, Yeo TC, Yew CK, Richards AM, Peterson ED, Chua T, Chan MY. Differences in late cardiovascular mortality following acute myocardial infarction in three major Asian ethnic groups. Eur Heart J Acute Cardiovasc Care. 2014 Mar 5.
- Zhang JM, Luo T, Huo Y, Wan M, Chua T, Tan RS, Kassab GS, Tan SY, Zhong L. Area stenosis associated with non-invasive fractional flow reserve obtained from coronary CT images. Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2013;2013:3865-8. doi: 10.1109/EMBC.2013.6610388.
- The Asia-Pacific Evaluation of Cardiovascular Therapies (ASPECT) Collaboration – Improving the quality of cardiovascular care in the Asia Pacific Region. Reid CM, Yan B, Wan Ahmad WA, Bang LH, Hian SK, Chua T, Chan M, Beltrame J, Duffy SJ, Brennan A, Ajani A. Int J Cardiol. 2013 Dec 22. pii: S0167-5273(13)02240-7. doi: 10.1016/j.ijcard.2013.12.030. [Epub ahead of print].
- Area stenosis associated with non-invasive fractional flow reserve obtained from coronary CT images. Zhang JM, Luo T, Huo Y, Wan M, Chua T, Tan RS, Kassab GS, Tan SY, Zhong L. Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2013;2013:3865-8. doi: 10.1109/EMBC.2013.6610388
- Stress myocardial perfusion imaging for the evaluation and triage of chest pain in the emergency department: A randomized controlled trial. Lim SH, Venkataraman A, Sundram F, Chan ESY, Ang ES, Yo SL, Jacob EJ, Goh A, Tan SB, Chua T. J Nucl Cardiol 2013;20:1002–12.
- Lifetime cost-effectiveness analysis of ticagrelor in patients with acute coronary syndromes based on the PLATO trial: a Singapore healthcare perspective. Chin CT, Mellstrom C, Chua T, Matchar D. Singapore Med J 2013;54:169-75
- Public perceptions, knowledge and awareness of cholesterol management in Singapore: a prospective pilot study. Aung TH, Go YY, Low LP, Chua T. Singapore Med J 2013; 54(1): 32–35
- Myocardial contractile dysfunction associated with increased 3-month and 1-year mortality in hospitalized patients with heart failure and preserved ejection fraction. Zhong L, Ng KK, Sim LL, Allen JC, Lau YH, Sim DK, Lee RK, Poh KK, Chua TS, Kwok BW, Tan RS. Int J Cardiol. 2013 Jan 18doi: 10.1016/j.ijcard.2012.12.084. [Epub ahead of print]
- Critical path in cardiac stem cell therapy: an update on cell delivery. Shim W, Mehta A, Wong P, Chua T, Koh TH. Cytotherapy. 2013 Jan 4. doi:pii: S1465-3249(12)00032-1. 10.1016/j.jcyt.2012.11.003. Epub ahead of print]