Dr Cheng Tim-Ee, Lionel
Singapore General Hospital
MBBS (Hons), FRCR (UK), MMed (Diagnostic Rad)
Dr Cheng graduated from the National University of Singapore in 1998. He subsequently specialized in Diagnostic Radiology, obtaining Fellowship of the Royal College of Radiologists (UK) and Masters of Medicine (Diagnostic Radiology) (NUS). He was previously an Imaging Informatics Research Fellow at Mayo Clinic, with further subspecialty training in gastrointestinal imaging at Indiana University School of Medicine and Mayo Clinic. His interests are in gastrointestinal imaging, imaging informatics, medical education and healthcare policy.
- MMED Diagnostic Radiology (NUS) 2004
- FRCR (UK) 2004
- MBBS (Honours) (NUS) 1998
- Director Medical Student Education – SingHealth Duke-NUS Radiological Sciences Academic Clinical Programme (RADSC ACP)
- Member – Inflammatory Bowel Disease Service, SGH
- Visiting Consultant Diagnostic Radiologist, SAF Medical Corps
- External lecturer - School of Health Sciences, Nanyang Polytechnic
- SingHealth Service Quality Silver Award 2016
- SingHealth Health Manpower Development Plan Fellowship (Inflammatory Bowel Disease) 2015
- Military Letter of Commendation for Contributions to Overseas Peace Support Operations 2013
- SAF Overseas Service Medal (East Timor) 2000
- President’s Scholarship 1993
- Cheng LT, Sng LH, Lim TC, Tan BS. Imaging in the Lion City: Singapore Radiology Country Report. J Glob Radiol. 2016;2(1):Article 5. DOI: 10.7191/jgr.2016.1029
- Yang X, Blezek DJ, Cheng LT, Ryan WJ, Kallmes DF, Erickson BJ. Computer-aided detection of intracranial aneurysms in MR angiography. J Digit Imaging. 2011 Feb;24(1):86-95.
- Chang JP, Cheng LT, Low AS. An Uncommon Cause of Abdominal Pain and Vomiting in a 55-Year-Old Woman. Proceedings of Singapore Healthcare March 2010 19: 78-79,doi:10.1177/201010581001900112
- Cheng LT, Zheng J, Savova GK, Erickson BJ. Discerning Tumor Status from Unstructured MRI Reports-Completeness of Information in Existing Reports and Utility of Automated Natural Language Processing. J Digit Imaging 2010 Apr;23(2):119-32. JIF:1.19. Cited: 24
- Blezek DJ, Carlson DG, Cheng LT, Christensen JA, Callstrom MR, Erickson BJ. Cell accelerated cryoablation simulation. Comput Methods Programs Biomed. 2010 Jun;98(3):241-52. Epub 2009 Oct 24. JIF 1.9. Cited: 4.
- Cheng LT, Ng SE. Teleradiology in Singapore - taking stock and looking ahead. Ann Acad Med Singapore. 2006 Aug;35(8):552-6. Review. JIF: 1.15. Cited: 8.
- Cheng LT, Lim WEH. Spinal Epidural Hemangioma Associated with Extensive Gastrointestinal Hemangiomas – A Case Report. Interventional Neuroradiology 2005;11:161-166.
Cheng LT, Blezek DJ, Erickson BJ, 2011, Computer-Aided Detection and Diagnosis., George C. Kagadis, Steve G. Langer, in Informatics in Medical Imaging, Published: October 17, 2011 by CRC Press