Lee Lui Shiong
Sengkang General Hospital
MMED (Surgery), MRCS (Edinburgh), MBBS (Singapore)
Dr Lee Lui Shiong completed undergraduate education at the National University of Singapore in 2002 and obtained postgraduate qualifications of MRCS (Edinburgh) and MMed (Surgery) in 2005. In 2010, he was awarded the College of Surgeons Gold Medal in Urology, as the most outstanding urology trainee.
He is a Senior Consultant in the Urology Service, Department of General Surgery, Sengkang Health @ Alexandra Hospital. He is a visiting consultant in the department of Surgical Oncology, NCC, and is a core member of the Pelvic Oncology workgroup and a co-chairman of the Urology Cancer Service Line Development.
- MMED (Surgery)
- MRCS (Edinburgh)
- MBBS (Singapore)
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons (Edinburgh)
- Singapore Urological Association (SUA)
- 2016, Health Service Awards, Gold Award, SGH
- 2014 & 2009, Service from the Heart Award, SGH
- 2011, Fellowship, NMRC Research Training, NMRC
- 2010, Fellowship, HMDP Award, Ministry of Health
- 2010, College of Surgeons Gold Medal Award (Urology)
- 2001/2002, Deans List Award, Final Professional MBBS Exams
- 2000/2001, Deans List Award, Second Professional (Part 3) MBBS Exam
- 1999/2000, Deans List Award, Second Professional (Part 2) MBBS Exam
- 1997/1998, Deans List Award, First Professional MBBS Exam
- Tumor size and Fuhrman grade further enhance the prognostic impact of perinephric fat invasion and renal vein extension in T3a staging of renal cell carcinoma, K Chen, BL Lee, HH Huang, BYC Tan, Lee LS, LG Ng, W Lau and Yuen JSP, Int J Urol. 2017 Jan; 24(1):51-58.
- Semantics in active surveillance for men with localized prostate cancer — results of a modified Delphi consensus procedure. S Burisnma et al (Lee LS as contributing author from GAP3 consortium) Nat Rev Urol.2017 May;14(5):312-22.
- Critical evaluation of contemporary management in a new Pelvic Exenteration Unit: The first 25 consecutive cases, MH Chew, YT Yeh, EL Toh, SA Sumarli, GK Chew, Lee LS, MH Tan, TP Hennedige, SY Ng, SK Lee, TT Chong, HR Abdullah, TLH Goh, MZ Rasheed, KCh Tan, CL Tang, World J Gastrointest Oncol. May 15, 2017; 9(5): 218-227.
- Sudden Flank Pain in a Patient Receiving Ibrutinib for Mantle Cell Lymphoma, Law YXT, Lee LS. JAMA Oncol. Published online September 14, 2017. doi:10.1001/jamaoncol.2017.2720.
- Non-Metastatic Small Cell Carcinoma of the Urinary Bladder – Clinical Outcomes from a Single Institution Clinics in Oncology, Teo SMJ, S HG, Ng LG, Toh CK, Teh YHJ, Khor LY, Lee LS, Oct 2016(1); 1130.
- Conservative management of Retrocaval Ureter: a case series, Yen JM, Lee LS, C Cheng, International Journal of Surgery Case Reports 15 (2015) 93–95.
- Successful removal of uterine leiomyosarcoma tumour thrombus propagating to the right atrium, YH Lim, Lee LS, CH Lim, GK Chew, BMJ Case Rep 2015. doi:10.1136/bcr-2015-213384.
- Oncological outcomes following robotic-assisted radical prostatectomy in a multiracial Asian population, WXA Low, Sim HG, Huang HH, C Cheng, Henry Ho, W Lau, PH Tan, Lee LS, Journal of Robotic Surgery, 7 Jul 2015.
- Are transrectal prostate biopsies routinely indicated in patients with incidentally diagnosed prostate cancer following trans-urethral resection of the prostate for benign disease?, Lee LS, V Gnanapragasam et al. Urologia Internationalis 2013, 91: 397-403.
- N-acetyl-L-aspartyl-L-glutamate peptidase-like 2 is over-expressed in cancer and promotes a pro-migratory and pro-metastatic phenotype, Whittaker H, Lee LS et al. Oncogene 2013, Accepted Sep 2013 (Joint first authorship).
- Does periprostatic block increase the TRUS biopsy sepsis rate in men with elevated PSA?, V Gan, T Kuo, Lee LS et al. Ann Acd Med Sing2013, 42; 168-72.
- Review Article: Predictive models for the practical management of renal cell carcinoma, Lee LS, Tan MH. Nature Reviews Urology 9, 73-84 (February 2012).
- Renal cell carcinoma in young patients is associated with poorer prognosis, Lee LS, John S P Yuen, Hong Gee Sim, Annals of the Academy of Medicine, Singapore. 09/2011; 40(9):401-6.
- Intravesical prostatic protusion predicts progression of benign prostatic enlargement in patients on non surgical treatment, Lee LS, Sim HG, Lim KB, Wang D, Foo KT, Int J urol 2010; 17:69-74.
- Chlorin e6-polyvinylpyrrolidone mediated photodynamic therapy – a potential bladder sparing option for high risk non-muscle invasive bladder cancer, Lee LS, P Thong, Olivo M, Chin WW, Ramaswamy B, Kho KW, Lim PL, Kam WKO, Photodiagnosis and photodynamic therapy 2010 volume 7: 213-220)
- Acute gastric dilatation causing respiratory distress, Lee LS, N Lim, Singapore Medical Journal 2006; 47(8):716.
- Laparoscopic nephroureterectomy for upper tract transitional cell carcinoma – an SGH experience. Scandinavian Journal of Urology and Nephrology, Lee LS, Yip SKH, Tan YH, Cheng CWS, 2006; 40 (4): 283-288.
- Letter to the Editor – Re: Recurrence and survival following laparoscopic radical nephroureterectomy with various forms of bladder cuff control, Lee LS, Yip SKH, Cheng CWS, S. F. Matin and I. S. Gill. J Urol 2005, 173: 395–400.
- May 2017 – April 2018, Neoadjuvant apalutamide (ARN509) and radical prostatectomy in treatment of intermediate to high risk prostate cancer, SGD50,000.
- May 2017 – April 2018, Using cell free DNA for treatment prognostication in organ confined prostate cancer, SGD75,000.
- March 2016 – Feb 2018, Graphene Oxide-based Detection of Urinary microRNAs for the Diagnosis of Prostate Cancer Amongst Senior Age Men, SGD153,000.
- Oct 2014 – Sep 2017, Research Project Title: Fluorescence guided diagnosis of prostate cancer with a PSMA small molecule-indocyanine green (ICG) conjugate, SGD35,000.
- June 2016 – May 2017, Establishing a Genomic Correlation between Circulating Tumour Cells and Primary Tumour in High Risk Non-metastatic Prostate Cancer: A Pilot Study, SGD30,000.
- Sep 2016 – Sep 2017, Dynamic Release of Local Anaesthetics through Novel Tissue Adhesives, SGD25,000.