A/Prof. Sng Ban Leong
KK Women's and Children's Hospital
Head & Senior Consultant
MBBS (S'pore), M Med (Anaes), FANZCA (Anaes), FFPMANZCA, MCI
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B,B.S)
- Master of Medicine (M.Med) Anaesthesiology
- Consultant, Department of Anaesthesia (Obstetrics & Gynaecology)
- Consultant, Women’s Pain Centre
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Dukes-NUS
- Clinical Teacher, NUS
- National Research Foundation- Ministry of Health Healthcare Research Scholarship
- Service from the Heart Award
- Health Manpower Development Plan Award for Pain Medicine
- Singhealth Doctor Registrar Award
- Singapore Society of Anaesthesiologist Trainee Award
- EXSA Gold Award
- Service from the Heart Award
- Sng BL, Sia AT. Postoperative Pain Management after Abdominal Hysterectomy. JPOG 2011.
- Yeoh SB, Sng BL, Sia AT. Anaesthesia for lower segment caesarean section: Changing perspectives. IJA 2010.
- Sia AT, Sng BL, EC Lim, HY Law, EC Tan. The influence of ATP-binding cassette sub-family B member –1 genetic polymorphisms on acute and chronic pain after intrathecal morphine for caesarean section – a prospective cohort study. IJOA 2010.
- Sng BL, Y Lim, Sia AT. In Reply For induction of spinal anaesthesia is sitting really the same as the lateral position? IJOA 2010.
- Sng BL, SA Schug. The role of opioids in managing chronic non-cancer pain. AMS 2009.
- Leo S, Sng BL, Lim Y, Sia AT. A randomised comparison of low doses of hyperbaric bupivacaine in combined spinal-epidural anesthesia for cesarean delivery. A&A 2009.
- Sng BL, Sia AT, Quek K, Woo D, Lim Y. Incidence and risk factors for chronic pain after caesarean section under spinal anaesthesia. AIC 2009.
- Sia AT, Sng BL. Intravenous dexmedetomidine for obstetric anaesthesia and analgesia: converting a challenge into an opportunity? (Editorial). IJOA 2009.
- Sng BL, Y Lim, Sia AT. An observational prospective cohort study of incidence and characteristics of failed spinal anaesthesia for caesarean section. IJOA 2009.
- Desai S, Sng BL, Y Lim, Sia AT. Chronobiology of parturients receiving neuraxial labour analgesia with ropivacaine and fentanyl: a prospective cohort study. IJOA 2009.
- Sng BL, Sia AT, Y Lim, D Woo, C Ocampo. Comparison of computer-integrated patient-controlled epidural analgesia and patient-controlled epidural analgesia with a basal infusion for labour and delivery. AIC 2009.
- Sng BL, Pay LL, Sia AT. Comparison of 2% lignocaine with adrenaline and fentanyl, 0.75% ropivacaine and 0.5% levobupviacaine for extension of epidural analgesia for urgent caearean section after low dose epidural infusion during labour. AIC 2008.
- Sng BL, MK Shah. Regional anaesthesia for Caesarean section in an ankylosing spondylitis patient with twin pregnancy. EJA 2008.
- Sng BL, Y Lim. Early versus late initiation of epidural analgesia for labour. AJA 2008.
- G Kumar, Sng BL, S Kumar. Correlation of capillary and venous blood glucometry with laboratory determination. PEC 2004.
- Prediction of chronic pain in the Asian population - comprehensive programme encompassing dynamic psychophysical tests and genetic screening to determine and prevent persistent post-cesarean pain.
- A novel closed-loop, double vasopressor infusion system for strict control of arterial pressure to improve perioperative outcome and to predict the risks of developing abnormal blood pressure due to adrenoceptor genetic polymorphisms during anaesthesia.
- Computer integrated Patient Controlled Epidural Analgesia.