Adj Assoc Prof Low Yee
KK Women's and Children's Hospital
Division of Surgery
Deputy Chairman, Division of Surgery
MBBS, FRCS (Edin), FAMS (Paed Surgery)
Adjunct Assoc Prof Low obtained her M.B.B.S from the National University of Singapore in 1992. She joined KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital in 1997 and qualified as a Paediatric Surgeon in 2002. Her overseas training was at the Royal Children’s Hospital in Melbourne, Australia. Currently, she is a Senior Consultant with the Department of Paediatric Surgery, and serves as the Deputy Chairman, Division of Surgery.
Adjunct Assoc Prof Low’s sub-specialty interests include Paediatric Hepatobiliary surgery and in Minimally Invasive Surgery.
- National University of Singapore 1992: MBBS
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 1996: FRCS (Edin)
- Academy of Medicine Singapore 2003: FAMS (Paed Surgery)
- Clinical Senior Lecturer, National University of Singapore 2006-present
- Member, Singapore Paediatric Society 1997
- Member, Hospital Review Editorial Board 2003
- Committee Member, Hospital Drug Safety Subcommittee 2004
- Visiting Consultant, Neonatology, Singapore General Hospital SGH 2006-present
- Member, Specialist Training Committee, Pediatric Surgery
- Co-Chairman, Hospital MIS Medical Procedures Accreditation Committee 2008
- Chairman, Hospital MIS Medical Procedures Accreditation Committee 2011
- Committee Member, Hospital Medication Safety Committee 2005-present
- Honorary Secretary, Chapter of Pediatric Surgeons, College of Surgeons, Singapore 2009-2011
- Treasurer, South East Asian Pediatric Endoscopy Group SEAPEG 2008-2010
- Organising Committee, KKH ASM July 2006, and 2007
- Member, KKH JCI Patient Records Review Committee 2007-2010
- Member, KKH Tissue Bank Committee 2008
- Committee Member, Hospital Research Committee 2010-2012
- Duty Officer, HOTA (Paed Surgery) 2008-present
- Lecturer, Nanyang Polytechnic – Advanced Diploma in Nursing
- Clinical Faculty, Singhealth General Surgery Residency Program 2009-2012
- Adjunct Assoc Prof, Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School, Singapore 2012
- Deputy Chairman, Division of Surgery, 2012
- Service with a Heart Award, 1999 and 2000
- Young Investigator’s Award, 34th Singapore-Malaysia Congress of Medicine, 2000
- Best Registrar Paper, Australasian Association of Paediatric Surgeons (AAPS), 2001
- Clinical Process Improvement Project (Silver) KK PI Forum, 2004
- Excellence Service Award (Silver), 2005
- Excellence Service Award (Star), 2006 and 2009
- Conservative treatment of esophageal foreign body perforation-a case report
Y Low, Dr Theobald, KC Soo. 1995
- Biofeedback therapy for excessive stool frequency and incontinence following anterior resection or total colectomy
YH Ho, JM Chiang, M Tan, Y Low. Nov 1996
- Randomized controlled trial of trimebutine (anal sphincter relaxant) for pain after haemorrhoidectomy.
YH Ho, Seow-Choen F, Y Low, M Tan, AP Leong. Mar 1997.
- Childhood temporal bone osteoblastoma: a case report.
Y Low, WT Seow, CL Foo. Jul 2000
- The prognostic value of ductal plate malformation and other histologic parameters in biliary atresia: an immunohistochemical study.
Low Y, Vijayan V, Tan CE. Aug 2001
- The rules for diagnosis for babies with ambiguous genitalia.
Y Low, JM Hutson, Aug 2003
- Kikuchi disease in Asian children. Kikuchi disease in Asian children.
Chen Ck, Low Y, Akhilesh M, Jacobsen AS. Mar 2006
- Swallowed Foreign Bodies in Children: Report of Four Unusual Cases.
Prasad TR, Low Y, Tan CE, Jacobsen AS. 2006
- Bile Duct Perforation in Children: Is it Truly Spontaneous?
Prasad TR, Chui CH, Low Y, Chong CL, Jacobsen AS. 2006
- Meckel's diverticular complications in children: is laparoscopy the order of the day?
Sai Prasad TR, Chui CH, Singaporewalla FR, Ong CP, Low Y, Yap TL, Jacobsen AS. 2007
- Appendicitis in immunosuppressed children: Still a diagnostic and therapeutic dilemma?
Chui CH, Chan MY, Tan ASM, Low Y, Yap TL, Jacobsen AS. 2008
- Lethal comorbidity with genital anomaly in the infant
Low Y, Deshpande AV, Hutson JM; Murdoch. 2006
- Prophylactic embolization of hepatic artery pseudoaneurysm after blunt abdominal trauma.
Yi IK, Miao FL, Wong J, Narasimham KL, Lo RH, Low Y, Jacobsen AS