Assoc Prof Denny Lie Tijauw Tjoen
Singapore General Hospital
MBBS, FRCS (Edin), FAMS
Dr Denny Lie completed his medical undergraduate studies in 1991 from the National University of Singapore (NUS). He went on to complete his orthopaedic surgical training in 1997. From 2001 - 2003, Dr Lie completed his PhD research in Biomechanics at the Imperial College, University of London, UK. He then returned to practice in the Singapore General Hospital since 2004.
- M.B.B.S (National University of Singapore) 1991
- F.R.C.S (Edinburgh) 1997
- NMRC Research Fellowship May – Oct 1999 Imperial College University of London, UK
- NMRC Research Fellowship Jul 2001 – Feb 2003 Imperial College University of London, UK
- Shoulder Fellow Mar – Aug 2003 Balgrist Hospital University of Zürich, Switzerland
- Shoulder Fellow Sept 2003 – Feb 2004 Harvard Shoulder Service, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, USA & Research Fellow, Harvard Medical School, Harvard University, Boston, USA
- Adjunct Associate Professor, School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, since Sept 2006.
- Co-Director and Visiting Associate Professor, MSc course in Biomedical Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, since 2005
- Clinical Lecturer in Faculty of Medicine, National University of Singapore, 2006
- Visiting Consultant, Military Medicine Institute, since 2005
- National ATLS Instructor 2006
- Resource Advisor(Orthopaedic), MOH Yog Medical Services Committee 2 June 2010 – 31st December 2010
- HMDP Scholarship Award for FRCS (Part One) / Section A of Master of Medicine (Surgery) 1996.
- Top Graduant at the 12th Advanced Medical Officer’s Course – Jan 1998.
- National Medical Research Council Research Fellowship 1999.
- National Medical Research Council Research Fellowship 2001.
- HMDP Fellowship for Sports Medicine 2001
- SGH Service Quality Award Aug 2004
- Best SGH Oral Paper (Surgery) in SingHealth Scientific Meeting 2004.
- AOSSM – APOA (N American) Traveling Fellowship June 2006
- Orthopaedic Teaching Excellence Award, National University of Singapore; 2004/2005 and 2005/2006
- SGH Service Quality Award Aug 2008.
- Strontium ranelate-induced toxic epidermal necrolysis in a patient with post-menopausal osteoporosis. Lee HY, Lie D, Lim KS, Thirumoorthy T, Pang SM. Osteoporos Int. 2009 Jan;20(1):161-2. Epub 2008 Jul 4.
- "The effects of lateral menical allograft transplantation techniques on tibio-femoral contact pressures." I.D. McDermott, D.T.T. Lie, A. Edwards, A.M.J. Bull, A.A. Amis Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy 2008; 16(6): 553 - 560
- “Reversal of suprascapular neuropathy following arthroscopic repair of massive supraspinatus and infraspinatus rotator cuff tears.”Costouros JG, Porramatikul M, Lie DT, Warner JJ. Arthroscopy. 2007 Nov;23(11):1152-61.
- “Measurement of laxity in the anterior cruciate ligament-deficient knee: a comparison of three different methods in vitro.” Khan RT, Lie DT, Cashman PM, Thomas RW, Amis AA. Proc Inst Mech Eng H. 2007 Aug;221(6):653-63.
- “Persistence of the mini pivot-shift after anatomically-placed ACL reconstruction” DTT Lie, AMJ Bull, AA Amis, Clin Orthop & Rel Research, 2007, 457(Apr): 203-209
- “Fibre grating sensor for pressure mapping during total knee arthroplasty” Lipi Mohanty, Tjin SC, DTT Lie, S Panganiban, P Chow, Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, 2007, 135 (2):323-328
- “The effects of lateral meniscal allograft transplantation techniques on tibio-femoral contact pressures ID McDermott, DTT Lie, A Edwards, AMJ Bull, AA Amis J Bone & Joint Surgery (Br) 2004, 86-B(Suppl IV):445
- “Measurements of Intrameniscal Forces & Stresses by 2 Different Miniature Transducers” PK Goh, FK Fuss, T Yanai, AC Ritchie, DTT Lie, SC Tjin, J of Mechanics in Medicine & Biology; 2007 (7) 1: 65-74
- The biomechanical role of the subscapularis in latissimus dorsi transfer for the treatment of irreparable rotator cuff tears. Werner CM, Zingg PO, Lie D, Jacob HA, Gerber C. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2006 Nov-Dec;15(6):736-42.
- “Effect of Patella Resection during Total Knee Arthroplasty on Bone Strain and Fracture Risk” DTT Lie, N Gloria, SJ Yeo, BPH Lee, SM Chou, AA Amis, Knee Surg Trauma & Arthroscopy, 2005 Apr 13(3): 203-8.
- “The Remains of ACL Graft Tension after Cyclical Flexion-Extension”, M Arnold, DTT Lie, A van Kampen, AA Amis, American Journal of Sports medicine 2005 Vol 33 (4) 536-542
- “Biomechanics of Rotational Instability and Anatomic Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction” , AA Amis, AMJ Bull, DTT Lie, Operative Techniques in Orthopaedics, Jan 2005, 15:29-35
- “The posterior cruciate ligament: an anthropometric study in Asians and evaluation of safe limits for bony tunnel creation during reconstruction.”, Chia SL, Kapoor V, Ali MM, Lie DTT, Chang PC, Mitra AK, Tay BK. Ann Acad Med Singapore. 2002 Sep;31(5):631-5.
- "Kinematics of the Knee after ACL Surgery and Abolition of the Pivot Shift Instability”, DTT Lie, AMJ Bull, AA Amis, Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery (Br) 2001: 83: 417
- “Simultaneous Bilateral ACL Injuries – A Case Report” , MM Ali, V Kapoor, DTT Lie, PCC Chang, AK Mitra, Tay BK, Journal of ASEAN Orthopaedic Association, 2001; 14 (1): 11-12
- “Effect of Surgical Timing on Outcome of ACL Reconstruction”, Ngo SS, DTT Lie, PCC Chang, AMK Mitra, BK Tay, Journal of ASEAN Orthopaedic Association, 2001; 14 (1): 13-17