Dr Jabed Iqbal
Singapore General Hospital
MD, AM.BD. Pathology
Dr. Iqbal is a pathologist at Singapore General Hospital in the department of histopathology. He obtained his MBBS degree from Dhaka Medical College in Bangladesh. He completed a four-year anatomical and clinical pathology residency training in USA and was certified by the American Board of Pathology in 2006. He has completed one year fellowship training in oncologic pathology at Roswell Park Cancer institute and another fellowship in hematopathology. He also obtained a PhD in molecular biology from Allegheny University of health Sciences (Philadelphia, PA).
Dr. Iqbal’s clinical and research interests include molecular and pathological aspects of hematological and breast malignancies. He has also authored several scientific articles in different peer-reviewed journals.
- Hematopathology fellow, Dept of Pathology, Drexel University School of medicine, Philadelphia, 2008
- Oncologic Pathology Fellow, Dept of Pathology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo 2007
- Resident, Department of Pathology, North Shore University of Hospital
Manhasset, New York 2006
- PhD, Dept of Microbiology, Allegheny University of health Sciences 1996 Philadelphia
- MBBS, Dhaka Medical College, Dhaka, Bangladesh 1986
- Fellow, College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- Fellow, American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCAP)
- Member, United States and Canadian society of pathologists (USCAP)
- Member, Singapore Medical Association
- Iqbal J, Hou JS et al. Flow cytometric analysis of serous effusions is critical in the diagnosis of hematopoietic neoplasms in those patients with prior hematopoietic malignancies. Analytical and quantitative cytology and histology. (manuscript accepted) June 2009.
- Iqbal J, S Gupta, J Brody and P Koduru. Novel translocation in diffuse large B cell lymphoma involving BCl-6. Cancer Genetics and Cytogenetics 2007; 178: 73-76.
- Iqbal J, He G, Biesecker LG, Rosen P, Duray PH, Schwartzentruber D, Beg M, Kahn E. Morphological characterization of the breast in proteus syndrome complicated by ductal carcinoma in situ. Annals of Clinical & Laboratory Sciences. 2006; 36(4):469-74.
- Iqbal J, S Gupta and Breuer FU. Metanephric adenoma mimicking papillary carcinoma arising in a mixed epithelial and stromal tumor of the kidney. Cancer genetics and cytogenetics. October 2006; 170(1):83-5.
- Harpreet Singh, Alexander M. Erkine, Selena B. Kremer, Harry M. Duttweiler, Donnie A. Davis, J Iqbal, Rachel R. Gross and David S. Gross. A functional module of yeast mediator that governs the dynamic range of heat-shock gene expression. Genetics. 2006 Apr; 172(4):2169-84.