Dr Oon Lin Ean, Lynette
Singapore General Hospital
Senior Consultant & Head, Molecular Pathology
BSc (Hons), MBBS, MRCP, FRCPA
Dr Lynette Oon is a Senior Consultant clinical microbiologist with a special interest in molecular microbiology and molecular pathology. She obtained her MBBS degree in the Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine, University of London in 1992. Subsequently, she spent 2.5 years in internal medicine in London before heading back to Singapore for her clinical microbiology training. She was appointed the Head of the Molecular Section in the Department (now Division) of Pathology in 2006 where she helped to develop its range of molecular tests in microbiology and detection of mutations in somatic cancers.
She is currently Head of the Department of Molecular Pathology, Singapore General Hospital. She is also the current President of the Singapore Society of Pathology and chairs the SingHealth Institutional Biosafety Committee.
- 1989 BSc Degree (First Class Honours) in Pathology (Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine, University of London)
- 1992 MBBS Degree (Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine, University of London)
- 1995 MRCP (Royal College of Physicians, United Kingdom)
- 2001 FRCPA (Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia)
- 2001 Specialist Accreditation in Pathology with Ministry of Health and Singapore Medical Council
- Senior Consultant and Head, Department of Molecular Pathology, Singapore General Hospital
- Academic Vice-Chair, Clinical Service (SGH Campus), Pathology Academic Clinical Programme, SingHealth Duke NUS Academic Medical Centre
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Duke-NUS Medical School
- Clinical Teacher, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore
- President, Singapore Society of Pathology (Sep 2016 – present)
- 2015 MOH 5 Year Service Award
- 2007 SGH Long Service Award
- 2004 - 2005 HMDP Fellowship to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, USA for 1 year for Outbreak Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases
- 2003 National Day Award Against SARS
- 2003 Courage Fund Award
- Oon LLE, King A, Higgins JA, Lee CA, Kernoff PBA, Goodall AH. Protective antibodies to hepatitis B virus in haemophiliacs. Journal of Medical Virology 1991; 33: 19-25.
- Oon LLE, Ling ML, Chiew YF. Gastrointestinal colonisation of vancomycin-resistant enterococcus in a Singapore teaching hospital. Pathology 2001; 33: 216-221.
- Oon LLE and Yeo MGC. Fluconazole Susceptibility of Candida Species in Singapore by Disc Diffusion Test. Annals Academy of Medicine Singapore 2002; 31:497-501.
- Oon LLE and Ling AE. Enterovirus infection: overview and laboratory diagnosis.In: Lin RVTP and Goh KT, eds. Enterovirus Infection in Singapore. Institute of Environmental Epidemiology, Ministry of the Environment, Singapore; 2002:46- 65.
- Ruan YiJun, Chia Lin Wei, Ling Ai Ee, Vinsensius B Vega, Herve Thoreau, Se Thoe Su Yun, Jer-Ming Chia, Patrick Ng, Kuo Ping Chiu, Landri Lim, Zhang Tao, Chan Kwai Peng, Lynette Oon Lin Ean, Ng Mah Lee, Leo Yee Sin, Lisa F Ng, Ren Ee Chee, Lawrence W Stanton, Philip M Long, Edison T Liu. Comparative full-length genome sequence analysis of 14 SARS coronavirus isolates and common mutations associated with putative origins of infection. Lancet 2003; 361:1779-85.
- Yao JD, Beld MG, Oon LL, Sherlock CH, Germer J, Menting et al. Multicenter evaluation of the VERSANT hepatitis B virus DNS 3.0 assay. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2004; 42(2):800-6.
- Thuan Tong Tan, Ban Hock Tan, Asok Kurup, Lynette Lin Ean Oon, Derrick Heng, Su Yun Se Thoe, XinLai Bai, Kwai Peng Chan, Ai Ee Ling. Atypical SARS and Escherichia coli Bacteremia. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2004; 10(2):349-352.
- Pek Yoon Chong, Paul Chui, Ai E Ling, Teri J Franks, Dessmon YH Tai, Yee Sin Leo, Gregory JL Kaw, Gervais Wansaicheong, Kwai Peng Chan, Lynette Lin Ean Oon, Eng Swee Teo, Kong Bing Tan, Noriko Nakajima, Tetsutaro Sata, William D Travis. Analysis of Deaths During the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) Epidemic in Singapore – Challenges in Determining a SARS Diagnosis. Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine 2004; 128:195-204.
- Lim PL, Kurup A, Gopalakrishna G, Chan KP, Wong CW, Ng LC, Se-Thoe SY, Oon L, Bai X, Stanton LW, Ruan Y, Miller LD, Vega VB, James L, Ooi PL, Kai CS, Olsen SJ, Ang B, Leo YS. Laboratory-acquired severe acute respiratory syndrome. N Engl J Med. 2004 Apr 22;350(17):1740-5.
- Kurup Asok; Chlebicka Nidhi; Tan Kwee Yuen; Chen Eileen Xueqin; Oon Lynette; Ling Tan Ai; Ling Moi Lin; Hong Jenny Low Guek. Active surveillance testing and decontamination strategies in intensive care units to reduce methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections. American Journal of Infection Control 2010; 38(5):361-377.
- Low Chian Yong; Kee Terence; Chan Kwai Peng; Oon Lynette L E; Tan Chee Kiat; Tee Nancy W S; Tan Ban Hock. Pandemic (H1N1) 2009 infection in adult solid organ transplant recipients in Singapore. Transplantation 2010; 90(9):1016-1212.
- Lim Kun Lee; Eden John-Sebastian; Oon Lynette L E; White Peter A. Molecular epidemiology of norovirus in Singapore, 2004-2011. Journal of Medical Virology 2013; 85(10):1842-1515
- Tay Sun Kuie; Oon Lynette Lin Ean. Prevalence of cervical human papillomavirus infection in healthy women is related to sexual behaviours and educational level: a cross-sectional study. International Journal of STD & AIDS 2014; 25(14):1013-1212
- Oon Lynette L E; Ng Lee Ching. Chikungunya in Singapore--the battle continues. Annals of the Academy of Medicine, Singapore 2014; 43(6):325-377.
- Tan Daniel S-W; Montoya Joey; Ng Quan-Sing; Chan Kian-Sing; Lynette Oon; Sakktee Krisna Sai; Takano Angela; Lim Wan-Teck; Tan Eng-Huat; Lim Kiat-Hon. Molecular profiling for druggable genetic abnormalities in carcinoma of unknown primary. Journal of clinical oncology : official journal of the American Society of Clinical Oncology 2013; 31(14):e237-0999