Dr Jason Chang Pik Eu
Singapore General Hospital
Gastroenterology & Hepatology
MBBS (Spore), MRCP(UK), MMed (Int Med), FAMS
Dr Jason Chang obtained his medical degree (MBBS) from the National University of Singapore in 1998 and completed his postgraduate degrees in internal medicine [MRCP(UK), MMed] in 2004. He obtained specialist accreditation in the field of Gastroenterology and Hepatology in 2007. His advanced fellowship training in hepatology was in the area of portal hypertension and liver transplantation at Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain from 2007-2008.
Dr Chang is currently a Senior Consultant in the Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Singapore General Hospital. His area of interest and expertise is in liver cirrhosis and portal hypertension, transient elastography (Fibroscan®), liver cancer, hepatitis and liver transplantation.
Dr Chang is active in research and has several publications in the field of portal hypertension and liver fibrosis. He is also actively involved in clinical education.
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Duke-NUS Medical School
- Clinical Tutor, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore
- Core Faculty Member, Singhealth Internal Medicine Residency Program
- Chairman, MO-HO Workgroup Committee, SGH
- Journal Reviewer for Singapore Medical Journal, Journal of Viral Hepatitis, Clinical Infectious Disease, Journal of Hepatology
- 2008: Japanese Society of Gastroenterology (JSGE) Young Investigator Award, 1st International Forum on Hepatocellular Carcinoma, 94th General Meeting of the JSGE
- 2008: Young Investigator Bursary Award, 43nd Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of the Liver (EASL), Milan, Italy
- 2007: Young Investigator Bursary Award, 42nd Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of the Liver (EASL), Barcelona, Spain.
- 2007: Runner-up, Free Paper Presentation at Gastroenterological Society of Singapore (GESS) Annual Scientific Meeting, “Proposed Novel Dual-therapy for Hepatocellular Carcinoma Utilizing Superparamagnetic Particles for Targeted Delivery of Doxorubicin and Concomitant Hyperthermia”
- 2006: National Foundation of Digestive Diseases (NFDD) Research Award, “Knowledge, Attitudes and Beliefs of Adult Singaporeans on Liver Cancer and Screening for Liver Cancer”
- Chang PE, Miguel R, Blanco JL, et al. Idiopathic portal hypertension in patients with human immunodeficiency virus infection treated with highly active anti-retroviral therapy. Am J Gastroenterol 2009;104(7):1707-14.
- Chang PE, Lui HF, Chau YP, et al. Prospective evaluation of transient elastography for the diagnosis of hepatic fibrosis in Asians: comparison with liver biopsy and aspartate transaminase platelet ratio index (APRI). Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2008, 28(1):51-61.
- Chang PE, Ong WC, Lui HF, Tan CK. Is the prognosis of young patients with hepatocellular carcinoma poorer than the prognosis of older patients? A comparative analysis of clinical characteristics, prognostic features and survival outcome. J Gastroenterol 2008;43(11):881-888.
- Garcia-Pagan JC, Chang PEJ. Noncirrhotic portal hypertension: Portal fibrosis and schistosomiasis. In: UpToDate, Rose, BD (Ed), UpToDate, Waltham, MA, 2007
- Purushotham S, Chang PE, Rumpel H, et al. Thermoresponsive core-shell magnetic nanoparticles for combined modalities of cancer therapy. Nanotechnology 2009;20(30):305101.