Lim Kiat Hon, Tony
Singapore General Hospital
MBBS, FRCPath, FRCPA, Adjunct Assistant Professor
Adjunct Associate Professor Tony Lim graduated from National University of Singapore in 1998.
After his housemenship he joined the department of Pathology Singapore General Hospital in 1999 and has finished his training in 2006, obtaining both FRCPath and FRCPA fellowships. After his HMDP in Liver and Gastrointestinal pathology at Mt Sinai Hospital in New York in 2008, he has returned to practice General Surgical pathology with special interest in Liver and Gastrointestinal Pathology.
He has keen interest in teaching and education and is currently the trainee co-ordinator for histopathology section. He is also involved with numerous liver and gastrointestinal research projects.
- 1998 National University of Singapore: Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- 2006 Royal College of Pathologists, United Kingdom: Member of the Royal College of Pathologists (MRCPath)
- 2006 Fellow of the Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia (FRCPA)
- Senior Consultant, Dept of Pathology SGH since 2012.
- Adjunct assistant professor NTU, Dept of Biomedical sciences.
- Training co-ordinator for Histopathology section. (6th October 2006).
- Re-appointed training programme director histopathology section (1 Sept 2008 to 28th Feb 2010).
- Member of the NCC Tissue Banking Committee (Sept 2006)
- Co-ordinator for Singapore Tissue Network in SGH pathology (Mar 2006).
- Joint co-ordinator for NTU TCM undergraduate course.
- College of Royal College of pathologists of Australasia. Member of the advisory committee for anatomical pathology. (Singapore representative).
- Tubule neck dysplasia: precursor lesion of signet ring cell carcinoma and the immunohistochemical profile. Marian Priyanthi Kumarasinghe, Kiat Hon Lim, Choon Jin Ooi, Luman W., Soo Yong Tan, Magdalene Chan,. Pathology. 2006 Oct ;38 (5):468-71.
- Neurothekeornas of the Upper limb - case series and clinicopathological review.
EKYWoo,T K H Lim, S HTan.HandSurgeryVol 10Nos 2 &3 (2005 ) 311- 317.
- Diagnosis of adenoid cystic carcinoma of the lung by bronchial brushing. K L
Chuah, K H Lim, M S Koh, H WTan, WM Yap. Acta Cytologica Vol 50
number 1 , 2006 1-5.
- Intravenous extension of sarcomatoid carcinoma of the lung to the left atrium.
Chuah, KL; Yap, WM; Loh, HL; Lim, Kif; Tan, HW; Lim, CH. Pathology,volume 38, number 4, August 2006 pp. 359-361(3)
- Bleeding jejunal dieulafoy pseudopolyp: capsule endoscopic detection and laparoscopic trans-umbilical polypectomy. Hwang WS, Yap TL, Lim KH, Prasad ST, Lim KH. J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A. 2007 Aug;17(4):509-12.
- Pulmonary intimal sarcoma presenting as an ascending colonic polyp and mimicking a gastrointestinal stromal tumour. Lim KH; Ng SB; Lee V. Pathology
2008 Jan;40(l ):85-7
- Thyroid transcription factor-1} may be expressed in ductal adenocarcinoma of the prostate: a potential pitfall. Lim KH, Teo C, Giron DM, Chong YL, Cheng C,
Tan PH. J Clin Pathol, 2007;60:941-943.
- An adult with lung nodules and renal mass: diagnosis on cytology. Chuah KL,
Chew I, Lim KH, Tan HW, Yap WM. Pathology 2007 Apr, 39(2):65-7.
- Malignant adenomyoepithelial tumor of the breast: multi-immunolabeling technique and detailed immunophenotypic study. Nga ME, Lim KH, Tan EY,
Chan P, Tan SY, Walford N. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2008 Jan;1 6(1):100-4.
- A prospective study of the diagnostic accuracy of transient elastography (Fibroscan ) in the evaluation of hepatic fibrosis in Asians compared with liver biopsy and APRI. J Chang, C Chau, WC Chow, WMYap, HF Lui, KH Lim, CK Tan. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2008 Jul;28(1):51-61.
- t(11; 18)(q21;q21)-positive transformed MALT lymphoma
S Y Tan, H Ye, H Liu, K H Lim, H C Toh, C F J Ng, Y F A Chung, A C
Wotherspoon, M Q Du. Histopathology Apr 2008, p 777-780.
- Platelet-rich plasma has no effect on increasing free fat graft survival in the nude mouse. Yong-Chen Por, Vincent Kok-Leng Yeow, Nayef Louri, Tony Kiat- Hon Lim, Irene Kee, In-Chin Song. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2008 Jun 10;
- Benign Solitary Cecal Ulcer Syndrome: Series of Eight Cases and Literature Review.
Julian Ong, Jit Fong Lim, Hon Kiat Lim, and Kong Weng Eu. Journal of Diseases of the Colon & Rectum. July 2008.
- Multiple Inflammatory and Serum Amyloid A Positive Telangiectatic Hepatic Adenomas with G]ycogenated Nuclei Arising in a Background of Nona1coholic Steatohepatitis. DIAGNOSTIC PROBLEMS IN HEPATOLOGY
Seminars in Liver Disease. 28(4):434-439, November 2008.
Lim, Kiat H. M.D. 1; Ward, Stephen C. M.D., Ph.D. 2; Roayaie, Sasan M.D. 3; Cohen, Emil M.D. 4; Schwartz, Myron M.D. 3; Fiel, M. Isabel M.D. 2; Thung,Swan N. M.D. 2
- Immunohistochemical subtyping with MUC antibodies of gastric carcinomas(completed 2007 ). Principal investigator Tony Lim.
- Glypican-3 and osteopontin expression in hepatocellular carcinomas.( completed 2007). Principal investigator Tony Lim
- Retrospective review of effectiveness and safety of neoadjuvant chemotherapy forresection of hepatic metastases in advanced colorectal cancer . Collaborator PI Dr Ang MK Oncology
- A study into the role of regulatory T cells and TH17 cells in the prognosis of gastric cancer -a pilot study. Collaborator. PI Dr Ling KL Gastroenterology
- MRS spectroscopy study for non-invasive quantification of hepatitic steatosis.Multidepartrnental.
- Fibroscan study who will require METAVIR scoring ( completed) PI Dr Jason Chang. Gastroenterology
- Genotypic-Phenotypic Correlation of Singapore HNPCC Patients. Collaborator. (PI Dr Koh PK Colorectal surgery
- To determine the presence and phenotype of tumour-infiltrating immune cells in formalin fixed and paraffin embeded (FFPE) tissues from colorectal carcinoma (CRC) patients. Collaborator. PI Cheah PY ColorectaI surgery
- Title of Project: Unlocking the Proteome of Formalin-Fixed, Paraffin-Embedded Tissues for Translational Clinical Research. Collaborator. PI Mack Ho NCC
- Investigating molecular carcinogenesis in gastric cancer by comparative proteomics,genotyping and spectral karyotyping. Collaborator PI Mack Ho/ Kon OL NCC.
- Investigation of metabolic pathways in kidneys of diabetic and non-diabetic subjects.Principal investigator. With Kon OL NCC.
- Diagnostic Accuracy of Conventional and Diffusion-weighted Magnetic Resonance Imaging for Local Tumour and Nodal Staging of Rectal Cancer Compared to Histopathology as the Gold Standard. Collaborator PI Albert Low Radiology.