Adj Assoc Prof Chan Wei Shih Derrick
KK Women's and Children's Hospital
Medicine: Dept of Paediatrics, Neurology Service
Head & Senior Consultant
BMed Sci, BMBS, MRCPCH, MCI, CSCN
- BMed Sci
- Certificate of Specialist Qualification, Paediatric Medicine
- Clinical Neurophysiologist, Canadian Society of Clinical Neurophysiology
- Head & Senior Consultant, Department of Paediatrics, Neurology Service
- Member, Royal College of paediatrics and Child Health
- EXSA Silver Award
- Merit Award, Free Paper Competition, 2nd KKH ASM
- HMDP Award in Paediatric Epilepsy and Neurology
- Best Teacher (Residents & Fellows), Division of Neurology, Hospital for Sick Children, Canada
- Accuracy of quantitative real-time polymerase chain reaction assay in HLA B*1502 allele identification.
Chan DWS, Ching LK, Ling S, Tan EC. Presented at Duke NUS Scientific Congress Oct 2010
- Utility of clinical semiology, interictal discharges and ictal onset in localizing the epileptogenic zone in refractory childhood focal epilepsy. Chan DWS, Ng YL, Hamed N, Wun G. Presented at Duke NUS Scientific Congress Oct 2010
- Utility of a dedicated Paediatric Epilepsy Monitoring Unit.
Chan D, Hamed N, Ng YL. Presented at the Epilepsy Society of Australia ASM October 2009
- The relationship between rapid oscillatory activity in premature and normal term neonatal EEG and the effect of phenobarbitone.
Chan D, Yamazaki M, Chu B, Donner E, Otsubo H
Presented at American Epilepsy Society ASM December 2007
- Atypical Benign Partial Epilepsy and Malignant Rolandic-Sylvian Epilepsy: A clinical, EEG and Magnetoencephalography comparison. Chan D, Haginoya K, Shiraishi H, Nakasato N, Nakgawaii E, Sugai K, Otsubo H.Presented at American Epilepsy Society ASM December 2008
- Refractory status epilepticus at a tertiary paediatric hospital: a two year study
Chan D , Phuah HK, Wong J, Choong CT, Lim KW.
Presented at International Epilepsy Congress, June 2007
- Initial presentation of first afebrile seizure and newly-diagnosed epilepsy in a Singapore Paediatric Population. Chan D, Phuah HK, Wong J, Choong CT, Lim KW
Presented at Asian–Oceanian Epilepsy Congress 2006
- Risk Factors in Refractory Childhood Absence Epilepsy (CAE): A Retrospective Case-Control Study.
Chin, Xinyi; Ng, Yen Ling ; Chan, Wei Shih, Derrick. Presented at 1st Global Congress for Consensus in Paediatrics and Child Health, Paris, France Feb 2011
- Play intervention to induce co-operative behaviours in children during electroencephalogram procedures.
CL Ling, R Woon, YL Ng, D Chan, CT Choong
Poster presentation at 2nd KKH ASM, July 2006. Merit Award Winner
Referred Journals (International)
- Chan DWS, Lim CCT, Tay S, Choong CT, Phuah HK, Elevated thyroid peroxidase antibodies with encephalopathy in MELAS syndrome Pediatr Neurol 2007;36:414-417
- Chan Derrick, Phuah HK, Choong CT, Lim KW, Goh WSH Epidemiology and investigation yield at presentation in first afebrile seizure and newly diagnosed epilepsy in Singapore. Journal of Child Neurology: 2010 Feb 22 [Epub ahead of print]
- Derrick WS CHAN, Madoka YAMAZAKI, Tomoyuki AKIYAMA, Bill CHU, Elizabeth W DONNER, Hiroshi OTSUBO, Rapid oscillatory activity in delta brushes of premature and term neonatal EEG, Brain and Development 32(6):482-6
- Chan DWS, Tan ES, Cleary MA. Neonatal seizures: when to consider and how to investigate for an inborn error of metabolism. Proceedings of Singapore Healthcare. 2010;19(2)112–23
- Tomoyuki Akiyama, Derrick W. Chan, Cristina Y. Go, Ayako Ochi, Irene M. Elliott, Elizabeth J. Donner, Shelly K. Weiss, O. Carter Snead III, James T. Rutka, James M. Drake, Hiroshi Otsubo Topographic movie of intracranial ictal high-frequency oscillations with seizure semiology: Epileptic network in Jacksonian seizures. Epilepsia Volume 52, Issue 1, pages 75–83, January 2011
- Yamazaki M, Chan D, Otsubo H et al, Interictal epileptogenic fast oscillations on neonatal and infantile EEGs in hemimegalencephaly. Epil Res 2009 Feb;83(2-3):198-206
- Fujimoto A, Ochi A, Imai K, Chan D, Sharma R, Viljoen A, Chu B, Holowka S, Kemp S, Chuang S, Matsumura A, Ayuzawa S, Snead III OC, Otsubo H, Magnetoencephalography using total intravenous anesthesia in pediatric patients with intractable epilepsy: Lesional vs nonlesional epilepsy, Brain Dev 31 (2009) 34-41
- Widjaja E, Otsubo H, Raybaud C, Ochi A, Chan D, Rutka JT, Snead OC 3rd, Halliday W, Sakuta R, Galicia E, Shelef I, Chuang SH. Characteristics of MEG and MRI between Taylor's focal cortical dysplasia (type II) and other cortical dysplasia: surgical outcome after complete resection of MEG spike source and MR lesion in pediatric cortical dysplasia. Epilepsy Res. 2008 Dec;82(2-3):147-55. Epub 2008 Sep
- Ishii R, Canuet L, Ochi A, Xiang J, Imai K, Chan D, Iwase M, Takeda M, Snead OC 3rd, Otsubo H. Spatially filtered magnetoencephalography compared with electrocorticography to identify intrinsically epileptogenic focal cortical dysplasia. Epilepsy Res. 2008 Oct;81(2-3):228-32. Epub 2008 Jul 30