Assoc Prof Ng Chee Eng David
Singapore General Hospital
Head and Senior Consultant
MBBS, MRCP (UK), FAMS
Dr Ng has post-graduate medical training in both Internal Medicine and Nuclear Medicine, became a Member in the Royal College of Physicians (UK) in 1996, a Fellow of the Academy of Medicine in Nuclear Medicine in 1999 and Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians (Edinburgh) in 2012. He was awarded an overseas Fellowship in Nuclear Medicine in Clinical PET Centre, Guy’s, St Thomas’ and Kings’ Hospital, University of London and in the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA. He also has degrees in Mathematics and Biomedical Engineering.
He is currently a Senior Clinical Lecturer with the National University of Singapore Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, an Associate Professor (Adjunct) at the Duke-NUS Medical School and Deputy Vice-chair in the Radiological Sciences Academic Clinical Programme.
He is currently the President of the Nuclear Medicine Society (Singapore) and past Chair of the Chapter of Nuclear Medicine in the College of Radiologists, Singapore.
His field of sub-expertise is in the treatment of thyroid cancers, radioimmunotherapy, SIRT and other radionuclide therapy, as well as PET/CT imaging, molecular diagnostic techniques and physiological mathematical modelling. He has published over 70 papers and 9 book chapters, including in the Journal of Nuclear Medicine, International Journal of Radiation Oncology Physics, Clinical Nuclear Medicine and given numerous lectures and talks.
- Fellow of the Academy of Medicine in Nuclear Medicine, 1999
- Member in the Royal College of Physicians (UK), 1996
- Associate Professor (Adj), Duke-NUS Medical School
- Member, Specialist Training Committee for Nuclear Medicine (Ministry of Health)
- Evaluator, Health Sciences Authority (MOH)
- Fellowship in Nuclear Medicine in Clinical PET Centre, Guy’s, St Thomas’ and Kings’ Hospital, University of London and in the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA.
- Service with a heart award (Medical), Singapore General Hospital
- Melvin Lee Kiang Chua, Seng Chuan Ong, Joseph Tien Seng Wee, David Chee Eng Ng, et al. Comparison of 4 modalities for distant metastasis staging in Endemic nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Head Neck 2009; 31: 346-354.
- Osmany S, Padhy AK, Ng DC., Detection of Thyroid Metastases From Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma With F-18 FDG PET/CT. Clinical Nuclear Medicine, March 2008, 33(3), 224-5.
- ASW Goh, Alexander Y F Chung, R H G Lo, T N Lau, S W K Yu, M Chng, S Somanesan, S L E Loong, D C E Ng, B C Lim, S Connor, P K H Chow. A Novel Approach to brachytherapy in hepatocellular carcinoma using a phosphorus 32 (32P) brachytherapy delivery device – a first-in-man study. Int J Rad Onc Phys 2007; 67: 786-92.
- Brain K P Goh, Yaw-Fui Alexander Chung, David C E Ng, Sathiyamoorthy Selvarajan, Khee-Chee Soo. Positron Emission Tomography with 2-deoxy-2-[18F] fluoro-D-glucose in the detection of malignancy in intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms of the pancreas. Journal of Pancreas 2007; 8: 350-354.
- Low S Y, Eng P, Keng GHW, Ng DCE. Positron emission tomography with CT in the evaluation of non-small cell lung cancer in populations with a high prevalence of tuberculosis. Respirology 2006; 84-89.
- DCE Ng. Radioimmunotherapy: a brief overview. Review Article. Biomedical Imaging and Intervention Journal 2006; 2(3) : e23.
- Oreliana P, Baquedano P, Rangarajan V, Zhao J H, Ng David C E, Fettich J, et al. Relationship between acute pyeolonephritis, renal scarring, and vesicoureteric reflux. Results of a coordinated research project. Pediatric Nephrology 2004; 19 (10): 1122-6.
- Leonard Koh, D C E Ng. Osteoporosis Risk Factor Assessment and Bone Densitometry – current status and future trends. Ann Acad Med Singapore 2002; 31:37-42.
- Leonard Koh, Leong K H, D C E Ng. Osteoporosis : a treatable disease. Ann Acad Med Singapore 2002; 31:1-2.
- Wong W Y, D C E Ng, E S Ang, et al. Intermediate Probability lung scans (IPLS) : retrospective review of 82 cases. SMJ 2001; 42:450-4.