Dr Apoorva Gogna
Singapore General Hospital
MBBS, FRCR, FAMS
Dr Apoorva Gogna is currently a Consultant Radiologist in the Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Singapore General Hospital. He has received advanced training in Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology.
Dr Gogna received undergraduate medical training in the National University of Singapore where he was honoured to be elected Valedictorian for his graduating class. Following combined Residency training in Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, he completed an ACGME recognized Vascular and Interventional Radiology (VIR) Fellowship at the prestigious Dotter Interventional Institute in Portland, Oregon, USA.
He regularly performs a wide range of endovascular, gastrointestinal and interventional oncology procedures. His interests are in diagnosis and treatment of peripheral arterial disease and aortic aneurysms, management of dysfunctional dialysis access, targetted therapies for hepatic, lung and renal tumors. He also has a keen interest in research and education. He is currently principal investigator or co-investigator in multiple trials and is core faculty for Interventional Radiology in the Singhealth Radiology residency program.
In his spare time, he loves listening to audiobooks, swimming and running and is attempting to snowboard all the major global ski resorts.
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Radiologists, FRCR, United Kingdom, 2008
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, MBBS, National University of Singapore, 2001
- Vascular and Interventional Radiology Fellowship, Dotter Interventional Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, USA, 2010
- Fellowship of the Academy of Medicine, Singapore, FAMS, 2012
- Dy Director, Research, Diagnostic Radiology Department, Singapore General Hospital
- Director, Research, Interventional Radiology Centre, Diagnostic Radiology Department, Singapore General Hospital
- Dy Director, Sedation and Resuscitation, Diagnostic Radiology Department, Singapore General Hospital
- Core Faculty (Interventional Radiology), Singapore Health Services Diagnostic Radiology Residency Program.
- Dean’s List 2000/01
- Dean’s List 1997/98
- Valedictorian, Graduating medical class
- Bunel Hawes Gold Medal (Best in Clinical Medicine)
- Singapore Medical Association Silver Medal (First in Examination)
- Lim Boon Keng Bronze Medal (Best in Medicine)
- SAF Medical Corps appreciation awards for contributions to Tsunami relief operations 2004 – 05
- Young Investigator Award (2nd) SGH Annual Scientific Meeting 2006
- Certificate of Merit, American Roentgen Ray Society 2011
- Long Service Award (10 years), Singapore General Hospital 2012
- Young Investigator Award (2nd) 8th Mar 2013 SRS ASM
- Jha NK, Gogna A, Tan TH, Wong KY, Shankar S. Atresia of coronary sinus ostium with retrograde drainage via persistent left superior vena cava. Ann Thorac Surg 2003; 76: 2091–2.
- Gogna A, Peh WCG, Munk PL. Image-guided musculoskeletal biopsy. Radiol Clin North Amer 2008; 46(3): 455–73.
- Gogna A, Peh WCG, Munk PL. “Biopsy”. Chapter in “Imaging of Bone Tumors and Tumor-Like Lesions. Techniques and Applications“ Ed. Davies AM, Sundaram M, James SLJ, Anderson-Semback S. Springer, Jul 2009.
- Gogna A, Lath N, Chang HM, Wong MC, Koh TH, Lim ST, Htoo MM, Tan BS, Lim WEH. Stent assisted percutaneous angioplasty for extra-cranial carotid disease: experience at Singapore General Hospital. Ann Acad Med Singapore. 2009 Sep;38(9):756-62.
- Leong LCH, Gogna A, Pant R, Ng FC, Sim SJ. Supplementary breast ultrasound screening in Asian women with negative but dense mammograms – a pilot study. Ann Acad Med Singapore 2012; Vol 41, No 10.
- Pothiawala S, Gogna A. Early diagnosis of bowel obstruction and strangulation by computed tomography in emergency department. World J Emerg Med 2012; 3(3):227-231
- Gogna A, Chui CH, Jacobsen AS. Is neonatal oesophageal reflux not so benign after all? Free paper presentation at KKH Annual Scientific Meeting and 36th Singapore-Malaysia Congress of Medicine/ 36th Annual Combined Surgical Meeting in Singapore 1-4 Aug 2002.
- Gogna A, Tay KH, Tan BS, Htoo MM, Lo RHG, Ng BK, Tan SG, Sebastian M, Somyot SC. Limb salvage after lower limb angioplasty in patients with critical limb ischaemia. Free paper presentation at Singapore Radiology Society Annual Scientific Meeting in May 2006. Presented as a poster at SGH ASM and awarded 2nd prize for poster category for clinical research.
- Gogna A, Tay KH, Tan BS, Htoo MM, Lo RHG, Ng BK, Tan SG, Sebastian M, Somyot SC. Local experience with infra-popliteal angioplasty in a tertiary hospital in Singapore. Free paper presentation at 7th Asia-Pacific Congress of Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology (APCCVIR) Congress in Pattaya in 8th – 10th October 2006.
- Gogna A, Sim SJL, Ng FC, Pant R. Breast ultrasound screening in Asian women with dense mammograms. Scientific electronic poster presentation at American Roentgen Ray Society (ARRS) meeting in Orlando, Florida in May 2007. Presented by Dr Sim SJ as free paper for 5th Asian Breast Disease Association – Breast Screen Singapore (ABDA-BSS) meeting in Singapore in Apr 2008 (awarded 1st prize).
- Gogna A, Lim SY, Tan TY. Foramina of the skull base: pictorial essay. Educational electronic poster presentation at American Roentgen Ray Society (ARRS) meeting in Washington DC in April 2008.
- Gogna A, Law YM, Low ASC. Contrast enhanced ultrasonography of renal masses: a pictorial review. Poster presentation at Singapore Radiological Society meeting (Mar 2009).
- Gogna A, Faiq SM, Tay KH, Taneja M, Lin SE, Lo RHG, Teo TKB, Tan BS. Tunneled dialysis catheter readjustments – our local experience. Poster presentation at Singapore Radiological Society meeting (Mar 2009) and 43rd Singapore Malaysia Congress of Medicine, Aug 2009.
- Gogna A, Hegde AN. Imaging of adult hearing loss: a pictorial review. Electronic poster presentation at American Roentgen Ray Meeting, Chicago, USA, May 2011. Awarded certificate of merit.
- Gogna A, Yu WY, Umapathi T. Imaging of gaze palsies: a pictorial review. Electronic poster presentation at American Society of Neuroradiology, Seattle, USA. June 2011.
- Gogna A, Taneja M, Lin SE, Khoo LS, Tan BS, Lo HG, Irani FG, Burgmans MC, Yeow TN, Tay KH. Embolization of renal arteriovenous malformations with Onyx. Poster presentations at Singapore Malaysia Congress of Medicine, August 2011 and Singapore Radiological Society meeting February 2012.
- Gogna, A; F.G. Irani; S. Ramamurthy; T.K.B. Teo; T.N. Yeow; B.S. Tan; K.H. Tay; R. Lo; M Taneja. Complications of lower limb endovascular interventions and their management. Presented as electronic poster at AOCR 2012 meeting Sydney Australia, August 2012
- Gogna A, BS Tan, A Dev, F Irani, T Teo, R Lo, M Taneja, S Ramamurthy, TN Yeow, KH Tay. Developing a regional clinical fellowship programme in interventional radiology: lessons learned and challenges faced. Presented as electronic poster in Asia Pacific Medical Education Conference, Singapore January 2013
- Gogna A, Teo TKB, Yin WH, Tan BS, Irani FG, Lo HG, Patel A, Chan SJM, Too CW, Win HH, Tay KH. Prospective randomized trial comparing drug-eluting balloon versus conventional percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (DEBAPTA) for the treatment of hemodialysis arteriovenous fistula or arteriovenous graft stenoses - interim report of first 49 patients. Presented at Singapore Radiological Society and College of Radiologists 22nd Annual Scientific Meeting incorporating Singapore Nuclear Medicine Update 2013. Young Investigator’s Award (2nd prize)
- Lecture: Angio-CT: Other Applications (Complex RFA, Drainages). Presentation at Singapore Interventional Radiology 2013 Update – supported by Toshiba Medical Systems Singapore on 23 Feb 2013 (approximately 115 participants).
- Live Case Demonstration: Angio-CT for trans-arterial chemoembolization procedure. Presentation at Singapore Interventional Radiology 2013 Update on 23 Feb 2013.
- Prospective randomized controlled trial of covered stent vs drug eluting stent for cephalic arch stenosis. Principal Investigator. Research grant from National Kidney Foundation
- Safety and feasibilty of thermal angioplasty using the VesOpen Radiofrequency probe for prevention of post-angioplasty restenosis. Principal Investigator. Research grant from National Kidney Foundation
- A Phase 1b trial of Gefitinib in combination with BKM120 in patients with advanced NSCLC, with enrichment, for patients whose tumours harbour molecular alterations of PI3K pathway. Currently in recruitment phase. Co-investigator
- Prospective, randomised trial comparing drug eluting balloon angioplasty (DEB) versus Conventional Percutaneous Transluminal Angioplasty Balloon (PTA) for the treatment of hemodialysis arterio-venous fistula (AVF) or arterio-venous graft (AVG) stenoses. Co-Investigator
- A Phase Ib dose escalation/ randomized phase II, multicenter, open-label study of BYL719 in combination with cetuximab in patients with recurrent or metastatic head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Co-Investigator
- A Phase I, multicenter, open-label dose escalation study of LDK378, administered orally in adult patients with tumors characterized by genetic abnormalities in anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK). Co-investigator
- A phase 1b, open-label, multi-center, dose escalation and expansion study of an orally administered combination of BKM120 plus MEk162 in adult patients with selected advanced solid tumors. Co-investigator
- A Phase Ib/II, multicenter, open-label, dose escalation study of LGX818 in combination with MEK162 in adult patients with BRAF V600 - dependent advanced solid tumors. Co-investigator
- A Phase I, open-label, multi-center, dose escalation study of oral CGM097, a p43/HDM2-interaction inhibitor, in adult patients with selected advanced solid tumors. Co-investigator
- A Phase I, open-label, multi-center, dose escalation study of oral BGJ398, a pan FGF-R kinase inhibitor, in adult patients with advanced solid malignancies . Co-Investigator
- A Phase I open-label dose escalation study with expansion to assess the safety and tolerability of INC280 in patients with c-MET dependent advanced solid tumors. Co-Investiigator
- A Phase IB/II, open label, multicenter study of INC280 administered orally in combination with gefitinib in adult patients with EGFR mutated, c-MET-amplified non-small cell lung cancer who have progressed after EGFR inhibitor treatment. Co-Investigator