Adj Assoc Prof Yeo Khung Keong
National Heart Centre Singapore
MBBS, ABIM (Int Med, US), ABIM (Cardiology, US), ABIM (Interventional Cardiology, US), ABVM (Endovascular, US), ABVM (Vascular, US)
Adjunct Associate Professor Yeo Khung Keong is a Senior Consultant with the Department of Cardiology at the National Heart Centre Singapore. He is also Academic Vice-Chair of Training & Education and Director, Cardiology Senior Residency Programme in the Cardiovascular Sciences Academic Clinical Programme.
His sub-specialty interests are in interventional cardiology, structural heart disease, vascular medicine and peripheral arterial interventions.
Adj Assoc Prof Yeo graduated in 1997 from the National University of Singapore where he obtained his Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery. He subsequently trained in the United States of America and obtained his American Board of Internal Medicine Certifications in Internal Medicine (University of Hawaii), Cardiovascular Medicine (University of California, Davis), Interventional Cardiology (University of California, Davis). He then spent an additional year training with a world-renowned cardiologist in peripheral arterial and carotid interventions. He is also Board-Certified by the American Board of Vascular Medicine in Vascular Medicine and in Endovascular procedures. During his time at UC Davis, he trained in the MitraClip percutaneous repair of the mitral valve for mitral regurgitation. Currently, Adj Assoc Yeo leads the MitraClip programme at the National Heart Centre, Singapore, the first in Asia. In Singapore, Adj Assoc Prof Yeo is also part of the Core Faculty at the Singhealth Internal Medicine Residency Programme; and Programme Director of the Singhealth Cardiology Senior Residency Programme.
Adj Assoc Prof Yeo's sub-specialty is in interventional cardiology, structural heart disease, vascular medicine and peripheral arterial interventions.
He has particular research interest in structural and valvular heart disease, coronary artery disease and peripheral arterial diseases. He has published widely in international peer-reviewed journals and is a peer-reviewer for the American Journal of Cardiology, ASEAN Heart Journal and Singapore Medical Journal.
Adj Assoc Prof Yeo is a member of the Singapore Cardiac Society, American Heart Association, and is a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology (FACC), the Academy of Medicine, Singapore (FAMS) and of the Society of Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (FSCAI).
Adj Assoc Prof Yeo is also a member of the following boards:
- American Board of Vascular Medicine, Endovascular, 2011
- American Board of Vascular Medicine, Vascular, 2010
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Interventional Cardiology, 2009
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Medicine, 2008
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine, 2005
- MBBS (Singapore), 1997
- Yeo KK, Ding ZP, Chua YL, et al. Percutaneous mitral valve repair with MitraClip for severe functional mitral regurgitation. Singapore Med J 2013;54:e9-12.
- Yeo KK, Mahmud E, Armstrong EJ, et al. Contemporary clinical characteristics, treatment, and outcomes of angiographically confirmed coronary stent thrombosis: results from a multicenter California registry. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2012;79:550-6.
- Yeo KK, Li S, Amsterdam EA, et al. Comparison of clinical characteristics, treatments and outcomes of patients with ST-elevation acute myocardial infarction with versus without new or presumed new left bundle branch block (from NCDR(R)). Am J Cardiol 2012;109:497-501.
- Waldo SW, Armstrong EJ, Yeo KK, et al. Comparison of Procedural Success and Long-Term Outcomes of Stent Thrombosis in Coronary Bypass Grafts Versus Native Coronary Arteries. Am J Cardiol 2012.
- Yeo KK, Mahmud E, Armstrong EJ, et al. Contemporary clinical characteristics, treatment, and outcomes of angiographically confirmed coronary stent thrombosis: results from a multicenter California registry. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. Mar 1 2012;79(4):550-556.
- Yeo KK, Li S, Amsterdam EA, et al. Comparison of clinical characteristics, treatments and outcomes of patients with ST-elevation acute myocardial infarction with versus without new or presumed new left bundle branch block (from NCDR(R)). Am J Cardiol. Feb 15 2012;109(4):497-501.
- Lim E, Lim CP, Muller O, et al. AsiaPCR/SingLive: in its third year and growing. EuroIntervention. Feb 20 2012;7(10):1144-1146.
- Li Z, Amsterdam EA, Yeo KK, et al. Coronary artery bypass operations for elderly patients in california, 2003 to 2008. Ann Thorac Surg. Apr 2012;93(4):1167-1172.
- Laird JR, Jr., Yeo KK, Rocha-Singh K, et al. Excimer laser with adjunctive balloon angioplasty and heparin-coated self-expanding stent grafts for the treatment of femoropopliteal artery in-stent restenosis: Twelve-Month Results From the SALVAGE Study. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. Mar 15 2012.
- Laird JR, Yeo KK. The treatment of femoropopliteal in-stent restenosis: back to the future. J Am Coll Cardiol. Jan 3 2012;59(1):24-25.
- Armstrong EJ, Yeo KK, Javed U, et al. Angiographic stent thrombosis at coronary bifurcations: short- and long-term prognosis. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. Jan 2012;5(1):57-63.
- Armstrong EJ, Kwa AT, Yeo KK, et al. Angiographically confirmed stent thrombosis in contemporary practice: insights from intravascular ultrasound. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. Apr 18 2012.
- Armstrong EJ, Feldman DN, Wang TY, et al. Clinical presentation, management, and outcomes of angiographically documented early, late, and very late stent thrombosis. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. Feb 2012;5(2):131-140.
- Yeo KK, Malik U, Laird JR. Outcomes following treatment of femoropopliteal in-stent restenosis: a single center experience. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. Oct 1 2011;78(4):604-608.
- Humphries MD, Pevec WC, Laird JR, Yeo KK, Hedayati N, Dawson DL. Early duplex scanning after infrainguinal endovascular therapy. J Vasc Surg. Feb 2011;53(2):353-358.
- Castellanos LR, Li Z, Yeo KK, Young JN, Ayanian JZ, Amsterdam EA. Relation of race, ethnicity and cardiac surgeons to operative mortality rates in primary coronary artery bypass grafting in California. Am J Cardiol. Jan 2011;107(1):1-5.
- Yeo KK, Davenport J, Raff G, Laird JR. Life-threatening coronary sinus thrombosis following catheter ablation: case report and review of literature. Cardiovasc Revasc Med. Oct-Dec 2010;11(4):262 e261-265.
- Li Z, Denton T, Yeo KK, et al. Off-pump bypass surgery and postoperative stroke: California coronary bypass outcomes reporting program. Ann Thorac Surg. Sep 2010;90(3):753-759.
- Kwa AT, Yeo KK, Laird JR. The role of stent-grafts for prevention and treatment of restenosis. J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino). Aug 2010;51(4):579-589.
- Bukkapatnam RN, Yeo KK, Li Z, Amsterdam EA. Operative mortality in women and men undergoing coronary artery bypass grafting (from the California Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting Outcomes Reporting Program). Am J Cardiol. Feb 1 2010;105(3):339-342.
- Soll BA, Yeo KK, Davis JW, Seto TB, Schatz IJ, Shen EN. The effect of posture on Cheyne-Stokes respirations and hemodynamics in patients with heart failure. Sleep. Nov 2009;32(11):1499-1506.
- Rogers JH, Yeo KK, Carroll JD, et al. Late surgical mitral valve repair after percutaneous repair with the MitraClip system. J Card Surg. Nov-Dec 2009;24(6):677-681.
- Ito H, Yeo KK, Wijetunga M, Seto TB, Tay K, Schatz IJ. A comparison of echocardiographic findings in young adults with cardiomyopathy: with and without a history of methamphetamine abuse. Clin Cardiol. Jun 2009;32(6):E18-22.
- Yeo KK, Rogers JH, Laird JR. Use of stent grafts and coils in vessel rupture and perforation. J Interv Cardiol. Feb 2008;21(1):86-99.
- Yeo KK, Li Z, Yeun JY, Amsterdam E. Severity of chronic kidney disease as a risk factor for operative mortality in nonemergent patients in the California coronary artery bypass graft surgery outcomes reporting program. Am J Cardiol. May 1 2008;101(9):1269-1274.
- Yeo KK, Dawson DL, Brooks JL, Laird JR. Percutaneous treatment of a large superior mesenteric artery pseudoaneurysm and arteriovenous fistula: a case report. J Vasc Surg. Sep 2008;48(3):730-734.
- Tan JW, Yeo KK, Laird JR. Excimer laser assisted angioplasty for complex infrainguinal peripheral artery disease: a 2008 update. J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino). Jun 2008;49(3):329-340.
- Tan JW, Yeo KK, Laird JR. Food and Drug Administration-approved endovascular repair devices for abdominal aortic aneurysms: a review. J Vasc Interv Radiol. Jun 2008;19(6 Suppl):S9-S17.
- Low RI, Bolling SF, Yeo KK, Ebner A. Direct flow medical percutaneous aortic valve: proof of concept. EuroIntervention. Aug 2008;4(2):256-261.