· DS Tan, W Wang, PH Sew, HS Leong, DP Lau, FT Chong, SS Krisna, KH Lim, NG Iyer. Tongue carcinoma infrequently harbour common “druggable” alterations. (submitted to BMC Cancer)
· CM Soon, KC Soo, HK Tan, NG Iyer. Role of fine needle aspiration cytology and frozen section for surgical decision-making in the management of parotid gland neoplasm. (submitted to ANZ J Surg)
· B Tian, HS Leong, KC Soo, R Sivanandan, NG Iyer. Head and neck squamous cell cancers with high stem cell fractions ab initio have poor outcomes. (Submitted to BMC Res Notes)
· HS Leong, FT Chong, PH Sew, DP Lau, BH Wong, BT Teh, DSW Tan, NG Iyer. Targeting cancer stem cell plasticity through modulation of Epidermal growth factor and Insulin-like growth factor receptor signaling in head and neck squamous cell cancer. Stem Cell Trans Med 2014 Jul 14;3:1-11.
· C Chia, XJ Li, CN Qian, BT Teh, KC Soo, HK Tan, NG Iyer. Serglycin expression: an independent marker of distant metastases in nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Head Neck 2014 Jul 3;36(8)
· JC Ng, W Wang, MJ Chua, MS Tan, NC Tan, KC Soo, HK Tan, NG Iyer. Subcutaneous injection is a simple and reproducible option to restore parathyroid function after total parathyroidectomy in patients with secondary hyperparathyroidism. Surgery 2014 Apr;155(4):682-8.
· DS Tan, S Camilleri-Broët, EH Tan, M Alifano, WT Lim, A Bobbio, S Zhang, QS Ng, MK Ang, NG Iyer, A Takano, KH Lim, JF Régnard, P Tan, P Broët. Intertumour heterogeneity of non-small cell lung carcinomas revealed by multiplexed mutation profiling and integrative genomics. Int J Cancer. 2014 Sep 1;135(5):1092-100.
· B Tian, D Khoo, AC Tay, KC Soo, NC Tan, HK Tan, NG Iyer. Management of oro-cutaneous fistulas using a vacuum-assisted closure system. Head Neck 2014 Jun;36(6):873-81.
· AS Ho, K Kannan, DM Roy, LG Morris, I Ganly, N Katabi, D Ramaswami, LA Walsh, S Eng, JT Huse, J Zhang, I Dolgalev, K Huberman, A Heguy, A Viale, M Drobnjak, MA Leversha, CE Rice, B Singh, NG Iyer, CR Leemans, E Bloemena, RL Ferris, RR Seethala, BE Gross, Y Liang, R Sinha, L Peng, BJ Raphael, S Turcan, Y Gong, N Schultz, S Kim, S Chiosea, JP Shah, C Sander, W Lee, TA Chan. The mutational landscape of adenoid cystic carcinoma. Nat Genet. 2013 Jul;45(7):791-8.
· MS Yeang, K Tay, WS Ong, TC Ha, A Thiagarajan, DSW Tan, PTH Teo, KC Soo, HK Tan, NG Iyer. Post-Irradiation Sarcomas of the Head and Neck: a case-control study of outcomes and prognostic factors in a tertiary institution. Ann Surg Oncol. 2013 Sep;20(9):3066-75.
· G Tay, KC Soo, A Thiagarajan, HK Tan, NG Iyer. Squamous cell carcinoma of the ear arising in patients after radiotherapy for nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Eur Arch Otolaryngol. 2014 Jan;271(1):149-56.
· W Tan, C Chia, KC Soo, HK Tan, NG Iyer. Depth of invasion is an important prognostic factor in squamous cell carcinoma of the anterior tongue. ORL J Otorhinolaryngol Relat Spec 2012;74(5):264-70.
· NG Iyer, L Kim, IJ Nixon, F Palmer, JP Shah, SG Patel, I Ganly. Outcome of patients with early T1 and T2 squamous cell carcinoma of the base of tongue managed by conventional surgery with adjuvant postoperative radiation. Head Neck 2013 Jul;35(7):999-1006.
· NG Iyer, IJ Nixon, F Palmer, L Kim, M. Whitcher, Katabi N, Ghossein R, JP Shah, SG Patel, I Ganly. Surgical management of squamous cell carcinoma of the soft palate: Factors predictive of outcome. Head Neck. 2012 Aug;34(8):1071-80.
· A Thiagarajan, N Caria, H Schoder, NG Iyer, RJ Wong, D Kraus, S Wolden, N Lee. Target volume delineation in oropharyngeal cancer: Impact of PET, MRI and physical examination. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012 May 1;83(1):220-7.
· NG Iyer, LG Morris, RM Tuttle, AR Shaha, I Ganly. Rising incidence of second cancers in low-risk (T1N0) thyroid cancer patients receiving radioactive iodine therapy. Cancer. 2011 Oct 1;117(19):4439-46.
· T Chua, NG Iyer, KC Soo. Prolonged Survival Following Maximal Cytoreductive Effort for Peritoneal Metastases from Recurrent Granulosa Cell Tumor. J Gynecol Oncol. 2011 Sep;22(3):214-7.
· NG Iyer, A Kumar, I Nixon, F Palmer, M Whitcher, SG Patel, RM Tuttle, AR Shaha. Incidence and Significance of Delphian node metastasis in papillary thyroid cancer. Ann Surg. 2011 May;253(5):988-91
· XJ Li , CK Ong, Y Cao, Y Xiang, JY Shao, A Ooi, LX Peng, WH Lu, Z Zhang, D Petillo, L Qin, YN Bao, FJ Zheng, CS Chia, NG Iyer, TB Kang, YX Zeng, KC Soo, JM Trent, BT The, CN Qian. Serglycin is a theranostic target in nasopharyngeal carcinoma that promotes metastasis. Cancer Res. 2011. Apr;71: 3162-3172
· NG Iyer, AR Shaha. Central compartment dissecion in well—differentiated thyroid cancer… and the band played on. Current Opinion in Otolaryngology & Head & Neck Surgery. 2011 Apr;19(2):106-12.
· NG Iyer, IJ Nixon, F Palmer, I Ganly, SG Patel, AR Shaha. Electronic synoptic operative reporting for thyroid surgery using and electronic data management system: potential for prospective multi-center data collection. Ann Surg Oncol. 2011 Mar;18(3):762-6.
· GS Mannu, NG Iyer, JP Shah. Frontal sinus cancer resection and reconstruction. JRSM Short Rep. 2011 January; 2(1): 2
· NG Iyer, L Kim, IJ Nixon, F Palmer, D Kraus, AR Shaha, JP Shah, SG Patel, I Ganly. Factors Predicting Outcome in Malignant Minor Salivary Gland Tumors of the Oropharynx. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2010 Dec;136(12):1240-7
· H Hornbeek, NG Iyer, DL Carlson, HE Stambuk, M Ryder, I Ganly. Functional Vagal Paraganglioma: A Case Report Illustrating Diagnosis and Management. Skull Base 2010; 20(6): 491-496.
· NG Iyer, S Singham, J Zhu, JR Clark. Role of pre-treatment PET/CT in surgical decision making of head and neck cancers. Head Neck. 2010 Sep;32(9):1202-8.
· NG Iyer, AR Shaha, A Ferlito, K Thomas Robbins, JE Medina, CE Silver, A Rinaldo, RP Takes, C Suárez, JP Rodrigo, PJ Bradley, JA Werner. Delphian node in head and neck cancers: oracle or myth. J Surg Oncol. 2010 Sep 15;102(4):354-8.
· NG Iyer, AR Shaha. Management of thyroid nodule and surgery for differentiated thyroid cancer. Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol). 2010 Aug;22(6):405-12.
· NG Iyer, AR Shaha, CE Silver, KO Devaney, A Rinaldo, PK Pellitteri, A Ferlito. Thyroid incidentalomas- to treat or not to treat. Eur Arch Otoloaryngol. 2010 Jul;267(7):1019-26.
· NG Iyer, AR Shaha. Complications of thyroid surgery- prevention and management. Minerva Chir. 2010 Feb;65(1):71-82
· NG Iyer, AR Shaha. Current concepts in managing primary hyperparathyroidism. Indian J Surg Oncol. 2010 Feb; 1(2):112-119
· NG Iyer, AR Shaha. Controversies and challenges in the management of well-differentiated thyroid cancers. Indian J Surg. 2009 Dec ; 71(6):299-307
· NG Iyer, JR Clark, BG Ashford. Internal mammary artery perforator flap for head and neck reconstruction. ANZ J Surg. 2009 Nov; 79(11): 799-803.
· NG Iyer, JR Clark, R Murali, K Gao, CJ O’Brien. Outcomes following parotidectomy for metastatic squamous cell carcinoma with microscopic residual disease: Implications for facial nerve preservation. Head Neck. 2009 Jan;31(1):21-7.
· AA Ahmed, AD Mills, AE Ibrahim, J Temple, C Blenkiron, M Vias, CE Massie, NG Iyer, A McGeoch, R Crawford, B Nicke, J Downward, C Swanton, SD Bell, HM Earl, RA Laskey, C Caldas, JD Brenton. The Extracellular Matrix Protein TGFBI Induces Microtubule Stabilization and Sensitizes Ovarian Cancers to Paclitaxel. Cancer Cell. 2007 Dec 6;12(6):514-527.
· Y Zhao, MS Hamza, HS Leong, CB Lim, YF Pan, E Cheung, KC Soo, NG Iyer. Kruppel-like factor 5 modulates p53-independent apoptosis through Pim1 survival kinase in cancer cells. Oncogene. 2008 Jan 3;27(1):1-8. Epub 2007 Jul 2. (Principal Investigator)
· SF Chin, Y Wang, N Thorne, A Teschendorff, S Pinder, M Vias, A Naderi, I Roberts, N Barbosa-Morais, M Garcia, NG Iyer, T Kranjac, J Robertson, S Aparicio, S Tavare, I Ellis, JD Brenton, C Caldas. Using array-comparative genomic hybridizations to define molecular portraits of primary breast cancers. Oncogene. 2007 Mar 22;26(13):1959-70.
· NG Iyer, SF Chin, Y Daigo, A Bannister, H. Ozdag, T Kouzarides, S Aparicio, C Caldas. p300 is required for orderly G1/S transition in human cancer cells. Oncogene. 2007 Jan 4;26(1):21-9.
· JG Bundy, NG Iyer, M Gentile, DE Hu, Kettunen M, AT Maia, C Caldas, KM Brindle. Metabolic consequences of p300 gene deletion in human colon cancer cells. Cancer Res. 2006 Aug 1;66(15):7606-14. (Co-first author)
· D Krubasik, NG Iyer, WR English, AA Ahmed, M Vias, C Roskelley, JD Brenton, C Caldas, G Murphy. Absence of p300 induces cellular phenotypic changes characteristic of epithelial to mesenchyme transition. Br J Cancer. 2006 May 8;94(9):1326-32. (Co-first author)
· J Tan, L Zhuang, HS Leong, NG Iyer, ET Liu, Q Yu. Pharmacologic modulation of glycogen synthase kinase-3beta promotes p53-dependent apoptosis through a direct Bax-mediated mitochondrial pathway in colorectal cancer cells. Cancer Res. 2005 Oct 1;65(19):9012-20
· MF Fraga, E Ballestar, A Villar-Garea, M Boix-Chornet, J Espada, G Schotta, T Bonaldi, C Haydon, S Ropero, K Petrie, NG Iyer, A Perez-Rosado, E Calvo, JA Lopez, A Cano, MJ Calasanz, D Colomer, MA Piris, N Ahn, A Imhof, C Caldas, T Jenuwein, M Esteller. Loss of acetylation at Lys16 and trimethylation at Lys20 of histone H4 is a common hallmark of human cancer. Nat Genet. 2005 Apr;37(4):391-400.
· HE Huang, SF Chin , C Ginestier, VJ Bardou, J Adelaide, NG Iyer, MJ Garcia, JC Pole, GM Callagy, SM Hewitt, WJ Gullick, J Jacquemier, C Caldas, M Chaffanet, D Birnbaum, PA Edwards. A recurrent chromosome breakpoint in breast cancer at the NRG1/neuregulin 1/heregulin gene. Cancer Res. 2004 Oct 1;64(19):6840-4
· NG Iyer, SF Chin, H. Ozdag, Y Daigo, DE Hu, M Cariati, K Brindle, S Aparicio C Caldas. p300 regulates p53-dependent apoptosis after DNA damage in colorectal cancer cells by modulation of PUMA/p21 levels. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004 May 11;101(19):7386-91.
· AA Ahmed, M Vias, NG Iyer, C Caldas, JD Brenton. Microarray segmentation methods significantly influence data precision. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004 Mar 17;32(5):e50.
· NG Iyer, H Ozdag, C Caldas. p300/CBP and cancer . Oncogene. 2004 May 24;23(24):4225-31.
· NG Iyer, Carlos Caldas. Gastric Cancer — Keeping It in the Family. Cancer Reviews: Asia-Pacific. 2004 Jul; 2(1): 69-79
· SF Chin, Y Daigo, H Huang, NG Iyer, T Kranjac, G Callagy, M Gonzalez, T Sangan, H Earl, C Caldas. A simple and reliable pre-treatment protocol facilitates fluorescent in-situ hybridisation (FISH) on tissue microarrays (TMAs) of paraffin embedded tumour samples. Mol Pathol. 2003 Oct;56(5):275-9
· H Ozdag, S Batley, A Fosti, NG Iyer, Y Daigo, M Arends, BAJ Ponder, T Kouzarides, and C Caldas. Mutation analysis of CBP and PCAF reveals rare inactivating mutations in cancer cell lines but not in primary tumours. Br J Cancer 2002 Nov 4;87(10):1162-5