Assoc Prof Chang Tou En Kenneth
KK Women's and Children's Hospital
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Head and Senior Consultant, Dept of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine; Head, Children’s Pathology
- LTCL, Trinity College of Music, London
- MBChB, University of Glasgow
- MRCPath, London
- FRCPath, London
- Head and Senior Consultant, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
- Head, Children’s Pathology, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
- Member, Hospital Research Committee
- Visiting Consultant, Department of Pathology, Singapore General Hospital
- Visiting Consultant, Division of Forensic Medicine, Applied Sciences Group, Health Sciences Authority
- Core faculty, SingHealth Pathology Residency Programme
- Member, Residency Advisory Committee, Ministry of Health Singapore
- Member, Workgroup for Joint Examinations, Ministry of Health Singapore
- Site director for KKH, National University Health System Pathology Residency Programme
- Site director for KKH, National Healthcare Group Pathology Residency Programme
Peer-reviewed Journal Articles
- Chang KT, Keating S, Costa S, Machin G, Kingdom J, Shannon P. Third Trimester Stillbirths: Correlative Neuropathology and Placental Pathology. Pediatr Dev Pathol (in press).
- Chang KTE, Taylor GP, Meschino WS, Kantor PF, Cutz E. Mitogenic cardiomyopathy – a lethal neonatal familial dilated cardiomyopathy characterized by myocyte hyperplasia and proliferation. Hum Pathol 2010; 41: 1002-1008
- Chang KT, Chadha NK, Leung R, Shago M, Phillips MJ, Thorner PS. Lymphadenoma – case report of a rare salivary gland tumour in childhood. Pediatr Develop Pathol 2009;13:331-7
- Chang KTE. Pathological examination of the placenta: raison d’etre, clinical relevance and medico-legal utility. Singapore Med J 2009; 50(12): 1123-1133.
- Struijs MC, Diamond IR, Pencharz PB, Chang KT, Viero S, Langer JC, Wales PW. Absence of the interstitial cells of Cajal in a child with chronic pseudoobstruction. J Pediatr Surg 43, e25-29, 2008.
- Chang KT, Rajadurai VS, Walford NQ, Hwang WS. Alveolar capillary dysplasia: absence of cd117 immunoreactivity of putative hemangioblast precursor cells. Fetal Pediatr Pathol 27, 127-140, 2008.
- Goh BK, Tan YH, Chang KT, Eng PH, Yip SK, Cheng CW. Primary hyperaldosteronism secondary to unilateral adrenal hyperplasia: an unusual cause of surgically correctable hypertension. A review of 30 cases. World J Surg 31, 72-79, 2007.
- Goh BK, Jeyaraj PR, Chan HS, Ong HS, Agasthian T, Chang KT, Wong WK. A case of fish bone perforation of the stomach mimicking a locally advanced pancreatic carcinoma. Dig Dis Sci 49, 1935-1937, 2004.
- Rajasoorya C TC, Ang ES, Thng CH, Chang KT, Yip S, Cheng CWS, Bhupinder SM, Tan IK, Goh SY, Tan PH. A 53-year-old woman with recurrent flushing episodes. SGH Proceedings 12, 176-188, 2003.
- Chang KTE, Pope E, Taylor GP. Cutaneous and subcutaneous lymphomas in children, in Diagnostic Pediatric Hematopathology, 1st Edition, Editor: Proytcheva M. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2011 (ISBN-10: 0521881609, ISBN-13: 978-0521881609)
- Pope E, Chang KTE. Cutaneous lymphomas, in Textbook of Pediatric Dermatology, 3rd Edition, Editors: Irvine A, Hoger P, Yan A. Wiley-Blackwell, Oxford (in press)
- Chang KTE, Hwang WS. The utility of calretinin immunohistochemistry in the primary diagnosis of Hirschsprung disease - a retrospective review of 78 cases with emphasis on diagnostic pitfalls in the interpretation of calretinin immunoreactivity. Mod Pathol 2011; 24: 324-5.
- Chang KTE, Shannon P, Machin G, Kingdom J, Keating, S. Third trimester stillbirths: correlative placental pathology and neuropathology. Placenta 2009; 30(9): A.68
- Chang KTE, Taylor GP, Ngan BY. The utility of phosphorylated histone H3 and cleaved caspase 3 in determining the mitosis-karyorrhexis index in neuroblastic tumours. Histopathology. 2008; 53(S1): 329.
- Chang KTE, Hwang WS. Alveolar capillary dysplasia: absence of CD117 immunoreactivity in putative hemangioblast precursor cells. Pediatr Dev Pathol 2008; 11: 78.
- Chang KTE, Hwang WS. The utility of calretinin immunohistochemistry in the primary diagnosis of Hirschsprung disease - a retrospective review of 78 cases with emphasis on diagnostic pitfalls in the interpretation of calretinin immunoreactivity. Presented at Society for Pediatric Pathology Spring Meeting, San Antonio, Texas, USA, 26 to 27 February 2011.
- Chang KTE, Shannon P, Machin G, Kingdom J, Keating, S. Third trimester stillbirths: correlative placental pathology and neuropathology. Presented at International Federation of Placenta Associations meeting 2009, Adelaide, Australia, 6-9 October 2009.
- Chang KTE, Cutz E, Taylor GP. Hyperplastic cardiomyopathy – A lethal familial dilated cardiomyopathy characterized by myocyte hyperplasia and proliferation. Presented at 54th Annual Meeting of the Paediatric Pathology Society, Helsinki, Finland, 4 to 6 September 2008
- Chang KTE, Taylor GP, Ngan BY. The utility of phosphorylated histone H3 and cleaved caspase 3 in determining the mitosis-karyorrhexis index in neuroblastic tumours. Presented at XXVIIth International Congress of the International Academy of Pathology, Athens, Greece, 12 to 17 October 2008
- Chang KTE, Hwang WS. Alveolar capillary dysplasia: absence of CD117 immunoreactivity in putative hemangioblast precursor cells. Presented at Society for Pediatric Pathology Interim Meeting, Scottsdale, Arizona, USA, 25 to 27 October 2007. *Awarded Perspectives of Pediatric Pathology for pathologists-in-training
- Chang KTE, Tan PH. Fine needle aspiration cytology in breast ductal carcinoma in situ. Presented at Singhealth Scientific Meeting 2004, Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore, 15 to 17 October 2004
- Chang KTE, Lim-Tan SK. Fine-needle aspiration cytology of the breast. Presented at Diagnostic Cytopathology Workshop, Chapter of Pathologists, Academy of Medicine, Singapore, 11 to 13 June 2004. *Awarded Best Poster Prize for trainees.
- Chang KTE, S Kesavan. Synovial sarcoma of the pleura: a clinicopathologic study of two cases. Presented at 7th Asia Pacific Association of Societies of Pathologists Congress, Singapore International Convention and Exhibition Centre, Singapore