Dr Teo Wei Yang Neville
Singapore General Hospital
MBBS(S'pore), MRCS(Glasgow), MMed(ORL)
Dr Neville Teo is a Consultant in the Department of Otolaryngology with a subspecialty interest in Rhinology, and appointed Clinical Lecturer of the National University of Singapore, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine.
Dr Teo graduated from the National University of Singapore School of Medicine and completed his specialty training in Otolaryngology in Singapore. He obtained the Ministry of Health’s Health Manpower Development Plan (HMDP) scholarship to sub-specialize in Rhinology and Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery in Stanford University, School of Medicine. He was appointed as a clinical instructor there, and gained experience in managing complex sinus and anterior skull base diseases, while being involved in training residents.
Dr Teo has published in peer reviewed journals, co-written a book chapter and is an invited reviewer for an international scientific journal. He is also involved in organizing the annual Functional Endoscopic Sinus and Skull Base Surgery Course.
- MBBS: National University of Singapore, 2003
- MRCS (Glasgow), 2009
- MMed (Otolaryngology): National University of Singapore, 2010
- Recipient Human Manpower Development Programme 2013
- Singapore Health Quality Service Award 2014 – Silver
- Singapore Health Quality Service Award 2015 – Gold
- Distribution of branchial anomalies in a pediatric Asian population. Teo NWY, Izham SI, Tan HKK. Singapore Med J, Apr 2015;56(4):203-7.
- Development of a Microclip for Laryngeal Microsurgery: Initial Animal Studies. Lau DP, Chng CB, Choo JQ, Teo N, Bunte RM, Chui CK . Laryngoscope 2012;122:1809-1814.
- Teo NWY, Hwang PH. Nasal Polyposis. In: Batra PS, Han JK, eds. Practical Medical and Surgical Management of Chronic Rhinosinusitis. Switzerland: Springer, 2015:111-129
- Prevalence of Dry Eye in the Community. 7th Annual Scientific Meeting, Chapter of Public Health & Occupational Physicians, Sep 2001
- Inguinal Metastases from Mucinous Cystadenocarcinoma of the Pancreas: A Rare Presentation. NHG Annual Scientific Congress 2004
- Review of ECG Findings in 2DE Performed During Aircrew Selection. 7th Military Medicine Conference, Feb 2006
- Prevalence and Progression of Myopia Among Pilot Trainees. 8th Military Medicine Conference, Jan 2007
- Equalising the Middle Ear – A Review of Current Methods. 8th Military Medicine Conference, Jan 2007
- Sublingual Immunotherapy in Perennial Allergic Rhinitis – Systematic Review. SGH 17th Annual Scientific Meeting, Apr 2008
- Endoscopic trans-sphenoidal resection of pituitary tumors with adjunctive intra-operative magnetic resonance imaging – clinical experience. AAO-HNSF, Sep 2010.
- Does anterior advancement of the central hyoid bone increase the hypopharyngeal airway size? Intraoperative airway measurement during the Sistrunk operation. Surgery, Sleep & Breathing IV – International Symposium, March 2011.
- Development of a micro-clip and application technique for use in laryngeal microsurgery. 7th Malaysian-Singapore Joint Scientific Meeting, Nov 2011.
- Branchial cleft cysts in a pediatric Asian population. AAO-HNSF, Sep 2012.