Prof Lim Soon Thye
National Cancer Centre Singapore
Division of Medical Oncology
Deputy Medical Director (Clinical), Senior Consultant/Head
MBBS, MRCP (UK)
Dr. Lim Soon Thye graduated from the National University of Singapore and subsequently obtained his membership with the Royal College of Physician (UK). He received specialist training in medical oncology at the National Cancer Centre Singapore and further training in lymphoid malignancies at the University of Southern California.
Currently, he is a senior consultant and head of medical oncology at NCCS. He is also the director of SingHealth-Duke NUS Blood Cancer Centre and a professor at Duke-NUS medical school. His other administrative duties include being the chairman of the SingHealth central institutional review board-B, director of ACP oncology clinical service and chairman of the national medical oncology residency advisory committee. Dr. Lim previously served as the president of the Singapore Society of Oncology from 2006 to 2010 and chairman of the chapter of Medical Oncologist, Academy of Medicine Singapore from 2010 to 2014. He is an active council member at the Singapore Cancer Society.
Dr Lim’s research focus is on lymphoid malignancies; in particular T and NK/T cell lymphomas, that occur more frequently in Asia. He is the co-founder of the Asian Lymphoma Study Group, which includes academic medical centres across Asia. Currently, Dr Lim is also the lead investigator of a translational and clinical Research (TCR) flagship programme funded by NMRC (National Lymphoma Translational Research Program: From Genomics to Therapeutics). His team now leads the blood cancer (T cell lymphoma) genomics project at the International Cancer Genomics Consortium. His research efforts won him the 3rd Kobayashi Foundation Award in May 2014 in Taipei. Previously, he was also awarded SingHealth Distinguished Young leader Award in 2011. In 2015, he is also conferred the title of Tanoto Professorship in Lymphoma Research.
· Graduate Diploma in Healthcare Management and leadership, SMU. 2010
· MRCP, Royal College of Physician (UK). 2000
· MBBS, National University of Singapore. 1994
· Chairman, SingHealth Central Institutional Review Board
· Chair, Medical Oncology Residency Advisory Committee
· Director, clinical service. Oncology Academic Clinical Program
· Tanoto Professorship in Lymphoma research
· 3rd Kobayashi Foundation Award for Research Excellence
· Outstanding faculty for Advocacy Award (Practice Course) Class 2014, Duke-NUS
· Dean’s Excellence in Teaching Award 2008/2009
· Excellent Service Award: STAR 2007
· Excellent Service Award: GOLD 2006
· Courage awards 2004
· HMDP 2004 Award for Lymphoma and Immunotherapy
· SingHealth Distinguished Young Leader Award 2011
· T and NK/T cell lymphomas
· Li ST, Yuen J, Zhou K, Binte Ishak ND, Chen Y, Met-Domestici M, Chan SH, Tan YP, Allen JC Jr, Lim ST, Soo KC, Ngeow J. Impact of subsidies on cancer genetic testing uptake in Singapore. J Med Genet. 2017 Apr; 54(4):254-259. doi:10.1136/jmedgenet-2016-104302 [Epub ahead of print].
· Paul J, Soujon M, Wengner AM, Zitzmann-Kolbe S, Sturz A, Haike K, Keng Magdalene KH, Tan SH, Lange M, Tan SY, Mumberg D, Lim ST, Ziegelbauer K, Liu N. Simultaneous Inhibition of PI3Kd and PI3Ka Induces ABC-DLBCL Regression by Blocking BCR-Dependent and -Independent Activation of NF-?B and AKT. Cancer cell. 2017 Jan 9;31(1):64-78. doi:10.1016/j.ccell.2016.12.003
· Ribrag V, Kim WS, Bouabdallah R, Lim ST, Coiffier B, Illes A, Lemieux B, Dyer MJ, Offner F, Felloussi Z, Kloos I, Luan Y, Vezan R, Graef T, Morschhauser F. Safety and efficacy of abexinostat, a pan-histone deacetylase inhibitor, in non-Hodgkin lymphoma and chronic lymphocytic leukemia: Results of a phase 2 study. Haematologica. 2017 Jan 25. doi:10.3324/haematol.2016.154377
· Yeang SH, Chan A, Tan CW, Lim ST, Ng HJ. Incidence and Management of Toxicity Associated with L-Asparaginase in the Treatment of ALL and NK/TCell Lymphoma: an Observational Study. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2016;17(7):3155-60.
· Li Z, Xia Y, Feng LN, Chen JR, Li HM, Cui J, Cai QQ, Sim KS, Nairismägi ML, Laurensia Y, Meah WY, Liu WS, Guo YM, Chen LZ, Feng QS, Pang CP, Chen LJ, Chew SH, Ebstein RP, Foo JN, Liu J, Ha J, Khoo LP, Chin ST, Zeng YX, Aung T, Chowbay B, Diong CP, Zhang F, Liu YH, Tang T, Tao M, Quek R, Mohamad F, Tan SY, Teh BT, Ng SB, Chng WJ, Ong CK, Okada Y, Raychaudhuri S, Lim ST, Tan W, Peng RJ, Khor CC, Bei JX. Genetic risk of extranodal natural killer T-cell lymphoma: a genome-wide association study. Lancet Oncol. 2016 Sep;17(9):1240-7 doi:10.1016/S1470-2045(16)30148-6
· Khor CC, Do T, Jia H, et al. Genome-wide association study identifies five new susceptibility loci for primary angle closure glaucoma. Nat Genet. 2016 Apr; 4.doi:10.1038/ng.3540
· Tan RY, Met-Domestici M, Zhou K, Guzman AB, Lim ST, Soo KC, Feeley TW, Ngeow J. Using Quality Improve Methods And Time-Driven Activity-Based Costing to Improve Value-Based Cancer Care Delivery at a Cancer Genetic Clinic. J Oncol Pract. 2016 Mar; 12(3):e320-21.
· Tang T, Chen Z, Praditsuktavorn P, Khoo LP, Ruan J, Lim ST, Tan D, Phipps C, Lee YS, Goh YT, Hwang W, Tao M, Quek R, Farid M, Furman RR, Leonard JP, Martin P. Role of Surveillance Imaging in Patient With Peripheral T-cell Lymphoma. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2016 Mar; 16(3):117-21.
· Seok Jin Kim, Dok Hyun Yoon, Arnaud Jaccard, Wee Joo Chng, Soon Thye Lim, Huangming Hong, Yong Park, Kian Meng Chang, Yoshinobu Maeda, Fumihiro Ishida, Dong-Yeop Shin, Jin Seok Kim, Seong Hyun Jeong, Deok-Hwan Yang, Jae-Cheol Jo, Gyeong-Won Lee, Chul Won Choi, Won-Sik Lee, Tsai-Yun Chen, Kiyeun Kim, Sin-Ho Jung, Tohru Murayama, Yasuhiro Oki, Ranjana Advani, Francesco d’Amore, Norbert Schmitz, Cheolwon Suh, Ritsuro Suzuki, Yok Lam Kwong, Tong-Yu Lin, and Won Seog Kim. A prognostic index for natural killer cell lymphoma in the contemporary era of nonanthracycline-based treatment: a multicenter, retrospective analysis. Lancet Oncology. 2016 Mar; 17(3):389-400.
· Chua C, Raaj J, Pan S, Farid M, Lee JF, Ho ZC, Sairi A, Sittampalam K, Tao M, Tay K, Lim ST, Chin F, Teo M, Quek R. Brain metastasis in sarcoma: Does metastasectomy or aggressive multi-disciplinary treatment improve survival outcomes. Asia Pac J Clin Oncol. 2016 Mar; 12(1):e16-22.
· Wang XJ, Tang T, Farid M, Quek R, Tao M, Lim ST, Wee HL, Chan A. Routine Primary Prophylaxis for Febrile Neutropenia with Biosimilar Granulocyte Colony-Stimulating Factor (Nivestim) or Pegfilgrastim Is Cost Effective in Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Patients undergoing Curative-Intent R-CHOP Chemotherapy. PLoS One. 2016 Feb 12;11(2):e0148901.
· Maarja-Liisa Nairismägi, Jing Tan, Jing Quan Lim, Sanjanaa Nagarajan, Cedric Chuan Young Ng, Vikneswari Rajasegaran, DaChuan Huang, Weng Khong Lim, Yurike Laurensia, Giovani Claresta Wijaya, Zhimei Li, Ioana Cutcutache, Wan Lu Pang, Saranya Thangaraju, Jeslin Ha, Lay Poh Khoo, Suk Teng Chin, Sucharita Dey, Gregory Poore, Leonard Tan, Magdalene Koh, Khin Sabai, Huilan Rao, Khoon-Leong Chuah, Yong-Howe Ho, Siok-Bian Ng, Shih-Sung Chuang, Fen Zhang, Yan-Hui Liu, Tawatchai Pongpruttipan, Young Hyeh Ko, Phaik-Leng Cheah, Norain Karim, Wee-Joo Chng, Tiffany PL Tang, MIRIAM TAO, Kevin Tay, Mohamad Farid, Richard Hong Hui Quek, Steve Rozen, Patrick Tan, Bin-Tean Teh, Lim Soon Thye, Soo-Yong Tan, and Choon Kiat Ong. JAK-STAT and G protein-coupled receptor signaling pathways are frequently altered in epitheliotropic intestinal T-cell lymphoma. Leukaemia. 2016 Feb. doi: 10.1038/leu.2016.13. [Epub ahead of print].
· Dewaele M, Tabaglio T, Willekens K, Bezzi M, Teo SX, Low DH, Koh CM, Rambow F, Fiers M, Rogiers A, Radaelli E, Al-Haddawi M, Tan SY, Hermans E, Amant F, Yan H, Lakshmanan M, Koumar RC, Lim ST, Derheimer FA, Campbell RM, Bonday Z, Tergaonkar V, Shackleton M, Blattner C, Marine JC, Guccione E. Antisense oligonucleotide–mediated MDM4 exon 6 skipping impairs tumor growth. J Clin Invest. 2016 Jan 4;126(1):68-84.
· CHRONOS-III) Bayer 17067 - A Phase III, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study evaluating the efficacy and safety of copanlisib in combination with rituximab in patients with relapsed indolent B-cell non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
· CHRONOS-4(17833): 2-arm, placebo-controlled Phase III trial of intravenous PI3K inhibitor Copanlisib in combination with standard immunochemotherapy in patients with relapsed indolent NHL (iNHL)
· Ro-CHOP: Phase III randomised study to compare efficacy and safety of romidepsin in association with CHOP chemotherapy (Ro-CHOP) versus CHOP alone in subjects with previously untreated peripheral T-cell lymphoma
· BMS CA209-647: A Phase 2, Open-label, Single-arm, Two-cohort Study of Nivolumab in Relapsed/Refractory Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma (PCNSL) or Relapsed/Refractory Primary Testicular Lymphoma (PTL)
· Servier CL1-55746-001 - Phase I dose-escalation study of oral administration of the selective Bcl2 inhibitor S 55746 in patients with refractory or relapsed Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia and B-Cell Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma