Assoc Prof Tan Lay Kok
Singapore General Hospital
Obstetrics & Gynaecology
MBBS, FRCOG (UK), M Med (O&G), FAMS
Assoc Prof Tan Lay Kok is a Senior Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist at the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Singapore General Hospital. He graduated from the National University of Singapore and obtained his Membership of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists in 1997 and the Master of Medicine in Obstetrics and Gynaecology in 1998. He pursued a Fellowship in Obstetric Medicine and High Risk Pregnancy at Queen Charlotte Hospital in London from 2000 to 2001. He is the Senior Consultant for the High Risk Pregnancy Clinic, the Gestational Diabetes Joint Clinic and the Cardiac Obstetric Clinic.
- Chairman, Evidence Based Medicine for SingHealth OBGYN Academic Clinical Program
- Associate Program Director, SingHealth OBGYN Residency Program
- Reviewer for SMJ, Annals Acad Med Singapore, British Journal of O&G, Lancet
- Member, Specialist Training Committee (O&G)
- Adjunct Associate Professor, Duke-NUS School of Medicine
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore
- South East Asian representative, International Society of Obstetric Medicine
- Council Member, College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, Singapore
- Vice President, Obstetrical & Gynaecological Society of Singapore
- 2009 Recognition Award for Reviewing with Distinction (Singapore Medical Journal)
- Honorable Mention for International Journal of Gynaecology and Obstetrics Prize Paper Award 2006, for paper”L.-K. Tan, D. Kanagalingram, H.-K. Tan, H.-L. Choong. Obstetric outcomes in women with end-stage renal failure requiring renal dialysis. Int J Gynecol Obstet (2006) 94:17–22.”
- Service with a Heart award
First author publications
- LK Tan , SK Tay. Two dosing regimens of dinoprostone for preinduction cervical priming: a clinical randomised trial. BJOG 1999 Sep;106(9):907-12
- LK Tan, I Busmanis. Spontaneous uterine perforation from uterine infarction: a rare case of acute abdomen. Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 2000; 40:2: 210-212
- LK Tan, CT Lee, HK Tan, SA Tan. SLE in pregnancy: experience of a single perinatal centre. Ann Acad Med Singapore. 2002 May;31(3):290-5.
- LK Tan, M deSwiet. The Management of Postpartum Hypertension. BJOG. 2002 Jul;109(7):733-6.
- LK Tan, M deSwiet. The Management of venous thromboembolism in pregnancy. Ann Acad Med Singapore. 2002 May;31(3):311-9.
- LK Tan, S Kumar, M Jolly, C Gleeson, NM Fisk. Test amnioinfusion to determine suitability for serial therapeutic amnioinfusion in midtrimester premature rupture of membranes. Fetal Diagn Ther 2003;18 (3): 183-9.
- LK Tan. Obstetric cholestasis: current opinion and management. Ann Acad Med Singapore 2003; 32:294-8.
- LK Tan, Devendra K, Tan HK, Choong L. Obstetric Outcomes in chronic renal diálisis. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2006 Jul;94(1):17-22.
- SK Tay, LK Tan. Outcome of early cervical carcinoma treated by Wertheim hysterectomy with selective postoperative radiotherapy. Ann Acad Med Singapore 1998; 613-7
- SK Tay, LK Tan. Experience of a 2-day BEP regimen in postsurgical adjuvant chemotherapy of ovarian germ cell tumors. Int J Gynecol Cancer 2000, 10, 13-18
- Charles Ng, LK Tan. Chapter 38: Medical problems in pregnancy (pg. 745-78) in “A Clinical Approach to Medicine” published by Division of Medicine, SGH and World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd.
- HL Chua, LK Tan, HK Tan, SA Tan, HL Choong. Nail Patella Syndrome in pregnancy. Ann Acad Med Singapore. 2002 May;31(3):290-5.
- L Wong, WC Tan, LK Tan, HK Tan. Spontaneous haemorrhage from a uterine fibroid in pregnancy. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. Volume 84, Number 12/December 01, 2005.
- Tan WC, Tan LK, Tan HK, Tan AS. Audit of 'crash' emergency caesarean sections due to cord prolapse in terms of response time and perinatal outcome. Ann Acad Med Singapore. 2003 ;32(5):638-41.
- Tan TC, Devendra K, Tan LK, Tan HK. Tocolytic treatment for the management of preterm labour: a systematic review. Singapore Med J. 2006 May;47(5) :361-6.
- Devendra K, Ching CK, Tan LK, Tan HK, Yu SL. Intrapartum maternal sinus bradycardia with spontaneous resolution following delivery. Singapore Med J. 2006 Nov;47(11):971-4.
- Thia E, Tan LK, Devendra K, Yong TT, Tan HK. Lessons learnt from 2 cases of morbidly adherent placentas: a proposed algorithm for management. Ann Acad Med Singapore 2007; 36:298–303.
- Thia E, Lee SL, Tan HK, Tan LK. Ultrasonographical features of morbidly-adherent placentas. SMJ 2007 Sep;48(9):799-802; quiz 803.
- Teo S, Devendra K, Tan HK, Tan LK. Massive postpartum haemorrhage after uterus-conserving surgery in placenta percreta: the danger of the partial placenta percreta. British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (2008;115(6):789-92
- Tan KBL, Fook-Chong SMC, Lee SL, Tan LK. Foetal peak systolic velocity in the middle cerebral artery : An Asian reference range. Singapore Med J. 2009 June; 50(6) : 584-6.